[Release] Red Alert 1 Temperate HD Tileset (Remasters)

azimovhaas8

Hello! This is my second creation made for community of players: basically Red Alert 1 Temperate tileset... now in high-definition (thanks to recent C&C Remasters)! Originally intended for Caladan and similar "green" planets. 

[This tileset may contain some small errors overlooked by me and other members of community in process of testing in current state - but generally it should be fine as it is]

Special thanks goes to Cm_Blast - very rigorous testing from his side and generally very helpful advises for me + everyone supporting me in our Discord server. 

Any feedback is welcome and greatly appreciated! 

P.S. Below is mage of tile-set + small picture of how it looks in-game. 

RA 1 Temperate HD.zip 

BLOXCALA.png

showcase1.png

Holy cow! That looks amazing.

I can see it's based on tileset I created myself in past as "BXRATEMP" so the arrangement of tiles is the same, but looks way much better.

Actually, I wanted to remake this tileset a bit and add more tiles into it. From recent tileset research, we now know that there are some more tiles which are free to use (because game does not use them internally for any reserved purpose). So I wanted to extend it, and furthermore make use for some individual tiles scattered around the tileset to compose even more block presets, because the editor now supports custom block with any non-rectangle shape, or in other words, block presets with "holes", exactly how Red Alert map editor works. But you already made it. Still wondering whether it's feasible to extend the tileset, and I also wanted to adjust the .ini file for new editor version.

4 hours ago, Klofkac said:

Holy cow! That looks amazing.

I can see it's based on tileset I created myself in past as "BXRATEMP" so the arrangement of tiles is the same, but looks way much better.

Actually, I wanted to remake this tileset a bit and add more tiles into it. From recent tileset research, we now know that there are some more tiles which are free to use (because game does not use them internally for any reserved purpose). So I wanted to extend it, and furthermore make use for some individual tiles scattered around the tileset to compose even more block presets, because the editor now supports custom block with any non-rectangle shape, or in other words, block presets with "holes", exactly how Red Alert map editor works. But you already made it. Still wondering whether it's feasible to extend the tileset, and I also wanted to adjust the .ini file for new editor version.

Hello, Klofkac! Thank you for very kind words towards tileset - and if you want to make any adjustments (changing INI for new version) - you're free to do so.

I thinking about couple of changes now for better decor (more tree tiles, some smudges) and ~maybe changing grass behaviour (player can build on all ordinary grass tiles), so extending tileset is feasible.