IA multiplayer downloaded maps mulfunction

Sarfah

Sorry, I'm a newby on that matter. I usually play with my son in LAN multiplayer and, in order to play with new maps, I have downloaded maps from this page.

I pass them through the editor included in the Gruntmods version, that is D2Keditor and, with the Copy AI option, I import the configuration of one of the available maps. The problem then is that when we create the game and add AI players, they don't build buildings. They just create the Construction Yard and if we attack them they defend themselves but they don't build any buildings.

I have tried watching tutorials but have not found the solution. Before launching the game, the message "The map is using a custom. mis file and may contain cheats" appears. Does anyone know how to solve the problem of AI not building buildings?

Thanks in advance!

On 4/19/2020 at 1:58 PM, Sarfah said:

Sorry, I'm a newby on that matter. I usually play with my son in LAN multiplayer and, in order to play with new maps, I have downloaded maps from this page.

I pass them through the editor included in the Gruntmods version, that is D2Keditor and, with the Copy AI option, I import the configuration of one of the available maps. The problem then is that when we create the game and add AI players, they don't build buildings. They just create the Construction Yard and if we attack them they defend themselves but they don't build any buildings.

I have tried watching tutorials but have not found the solution. Before launching the game, the message "The map is using a custom. mis file and may contain cheats" appears. Does anyone know how to solve the problem of AI not building buildings?

Thanks in advance!

Hey mate! Sounds like that AI doesn't have the skirmish mode enabled that makes it build new structures from scratch. It's an easy fix. Do you have the D2k editor?

You can ignore the .mis message, but that can be unassigned too if you really want it gone. :P I think. I haven't really explored what happens to the AI if the .mis is unassigned, but it should be okay.

• Upvote 1

Right, so once you enter the editor and load up the map you want to edit, hit F10 to bring up the mission settings, then import a working AI into the "Atreides" side. It MUST be the Atreides side! The AI will work for all sides set to be an AI opponent in the multi-player match.
IhZbzrx.png

If it says there's no .mis file assigned, check the mission tab and make sure one is assigned. :)

h5a3eg8.png

Hope that helps.