A wonderful surprise!

Edric O

So this must be the first new thread I have posted in many years, but like I said in the Old Timers' Notice Board, I never stopped regarding FED2k as my true home on the internet, so I want to breathe some new life into the community spirit here...

...with an announcement of wonderful personal news that I received from my wife back in January: we're going to have twins! That's right, by the end of the year there will be two new little Edrics in the universe. Which means they should probably be reading Dune three or four years from now. :)

By this point, I assume many of the old timers here are already parents. What is it like?

Edit: Just to clarify, this was an April Fools joke. I even copied the title and large parts of the text of a previous April Fools post that I made back in 2013. This time, however, there is a lot less activity on the forum. Maybe the time for these jokes has permanently passed.

Edited by Edric O
April Fools!

Well... you should have checked the date. ;) This was a good old fashioned FED2k April Fools joke! In the vein of the old "I'm getting married" and "I'm having a baby" April 1st threads. In fact, I directly copied half of my April Fools post from 2013 (which I think was the last time I posted one).

Of course, the reaction isn't what it used to be, even though I waited almost a week... Such is the effect of general inactivity on the forum, I suppose. :(