Help getting original version of Dune 2000

WermRider

SqANPER.png

More Concept, nothings plugged in I am just compiling a list of attributes needed to represent the information of the selected region.

Add to that Urban Structures or Living Quarters. Which will be required for Pop Cap per region; How many infantry can we feed; how many vehicles can we maintain; how much can we accommodate at full power.

Add to that Number of Powerplants + Total Base Power; which will be needed for all structures.

Maybe Add Viable base locations; make It possible for more than one player settlement in a region., whereby base locations will divide Plateux % among the number of base locations; to define how much build space is divided for each faction with a base in this location. Here, to claim a region is to occupy all settlements within the region, ( So If we start separated we always have a high probability of nabbing our first region) and by the time we claim our second region -- we should be competing with AI. (as more houses will operate on the map) Some houses, like the Sub Houses, might claim region via alliance; or might settle in lots of regions very early.

True military overview will receive a page of its own, this is intended to be the briefest amount of information needed on a given region. - an overview that would expand into tabs of further detail. 

Likely an activity feed or history of region to be stored, storing logs of all the activity that has occurred here. in its own tab.

We make decisions like -- how much spice are we selling --- and how much spice are we storing. And this important; because; you will manufacture using StoredSpice; in Silos;(i.e your factory workers are working for spice that you pay directly from the store; under the cost of the unit); But credits will be spice sold; your spice exports; so this is when you empty a silo and sell the contents for credits that you can spend maybe at the starport and on forging alliances or helping to fund factions or buy from a technology market etc.    <-- here we could also say things like -- who are you exporting your spice to? Who is buying your exports? Somebody else benefits from spice exports; but at the same time having too much stored spice could provoke an attack; and someone steal your base. Whereby managing these decisions is in effect the game.
The faction who is least traded with in Exports subsequently pays the most for them. But the money is invisible; and is only felt by the selling player; as the exports are to the home planets; which might be providing a trickle of income to their Dune operations based on their own accumulating wealth( occurring as result of players using the exports to empty silos)
A player could sell to their own homeplanet; at the lowest of all rates; and, this will not be effecting anybody elses income when doing so.
Here we can encourage dynamic trade; via exports; which will grant access to starport; and other technology markets; as well as attribute some effect to the benefit of alliances. Where an ally will be exporting spice to his own, and your home planet, if you are doing the same in return.  This will increase a base income per hour -- the starting income per hour. And will be accessible as soon as you build a refinery, a silo, and a starport.

an Economic overview might look like this -->

Credits;
Credits per hour : (total credits you will receive this hour)
from Homeworld : (how much from homeworld) 
from Exports : (how much of this is from exports)

Spice:
Spice Inbound per hour : (total spice you will have mined this hour)
Spice outgoing this hour : (How much of this spice is leaving) % what percentange
Storage ;  how much spice have we stored.

a unit might look like this;

Atreides Conscript -
Cost: 50credits(to import/with/starport) or 5 spice(to train/at barracks);

barracks+factories train in queue -- while starport will alow mass purchase as normal.

Edited by WermRider

17 hours ago, FedaYkin said:

I see you have quite some ideas. Looking forward to this project, keep us updated. :)

4UwHSI1.png

Implemented turn system. (ignore left hand stats) Which can fit any number of factions, and is not hardcoded to a set of specific factions.
Faction turns can be in any order, but this order will be specified when player selects a House.
Currently -- the player House is Ordos.

kJIwSme.png

Anyway; time Ticks by; and our Next Player to Move(Harkonen) updates; while our Current Turn is registering Fremen; and will do for the next ten minutes. While our turn (regarding our chance to spend some special hourly points -- Diplomacy etc; (not regarding manufacture and emprie management) is renewed in 49 mins. That will cycle currently 6 factions in the hour; and return to CurrentTurn Ordos by the next hour.

I guess with the usage of a full list of Factions;; lz count ---> AT, OR, HK, GU, TL, IX, FR, IM, CO etc what not; however many are to be used; We would say 60 mins / Number of Factions = Turn Time for each faction. And maybe a game setup can have us decide how many factions are in the game. So I code this now so it can be adaptive for this usage.
--Sayin that --> turns could be ten mins as a set value; and if there are less factions or more factions than the hour; time until next turn = NextPlayerToMoveTime * Difference between PlayerFactionIndex and CurrentPlayerToMoveIndex. So ultimately; our turn timer value is 10mins * NumberOfFactions, and since it always starts on PlayersTurn; this clock can just loop that way while giving the correct results.

the current time registers as 30 seconds late because I paused between screenshots

Edited by WermRider

57 minutes ago, WermRider said:

4UwHSI1.png

Implemented turn system. (ignore left hand stats) Which can fit any number of factions, and is not hardcoded to a set of specific factions.
Faction turns can be in any order, but this order will be specified when player selects a House.
Currently -- the player House is Ordos.

kJIwSme.png

Anyway; time Ticks by; and our Next Player to Move(Harkonen) updates; while our Current Turn is registering Fremen; and will do for the next ten minutes. While our turn (regarding our chance to spend some special hourly points -- Diplomacy etc; (not regarding manufacture and emprie management) is renewed in 49 mins. That will cycle currently 6 factions in the hour; and return to CurrentTurn Ordos by the next hour.

I guess with the usage of a full list of Factions;; lz count ---> AT, OR, HK, GU, TL, IX, FR, IM, CO etc what not; however many are to be used; We would say 60 mins / Number of Factions = Turn Time for each faction. And maybe a game setup can have us decide how many factions are in the game. So I code this now so it can be adaptive for this usage.
--Sayin that --> turns could be ten mins as a set value; and if there are less factions or more factions than the hour; time until next turn = NextPlayerToMoveTime * Difference between PlayerFactionIndex and CurrentPlayerToMoveIndex. So ultimately; our turn timer value is 10mins * NumberOfFactions, and since it always starts on PlayersTurn; this clock can just loop that way while giving the correct results.

the current time registers as 30 seconds late because I paused between screenshots

Sounds like a pretty good algorithm. I am curious what you have in mind for the empire management mechanics :D

On ‎3‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 3:17 PM, FedaYkin said:

Sounds like a pretty good algorithm. I am curious what you have in mind for the empire management mechanics :D

I am still working on the Time system. Specifically I am just coming towards completion of time tracing; where we are logging the last application quit time; and comparing it when we reopen the application; to get the difference in time; to then deduct and use algorithm to calculate how many moves should have occurred; and what specific minute and second the next turn clocks would display if the application had not been turned off. And although complex; I have almost completed this. I actually had to rescratch my entire code in order to organize it in a vastly superior way to the code I was running yesterday. But anyways

I had some design changes for Factions- specifically removing Fremen as a faction and have Fremen be Map units; like worms.

Main Factions ---> Plan (with some bonuses)

Atreides ---
Aircraft are cheaper
Alliance decay at half speed
60% chance a fremen encounter is recruited
100% if a recruited fremen is in the discovering party.

Harkonen --
Vehicles are stronger
Alliances decay at double rate
Convention Penalities last half as long..
and recover twice as fast.

Ordos --
Increased loot from Raids
Decreased chance of uncovering stealth units
Recon Units are 50% more effective
Scouts are undetectable when still

Guild --
Exports cash at double rate
Factories require more power
Starport deliveries are cheaper
and Starport orders are delivered sooner.

Corrino --
Starts with a Palace
Cannot break convention
Increased shares if another player breaks convention
Infantry highly resistant to storms

Smugglers --
Technology market is cheaper
Alliances benefit their ally more
Starport stock limits less often
Stealth units are more effective

here we keep Tleilaxu, Ixian as technology merchants.
Fremen, Storms and Worms are Indigenous/Wild Map Units.

anyway just dropping in --- ima crack on with this system.

p.s All of the generic units from dune2000 will be the generic units available to all houses in this.
no planned new additions to the roster yet;
so this includes;;; High Tech Factory; Heavy Factory; Light Factory; Barracks; Starport
all dune2000 units; harvester, siege tank, mrls, combat tank, trike, quad.
UU like deviator; devastator(tank), sonic tank; ornithropter, sardaukar etc
But as for an actual combat system; we will create squads; and designate these squads purpose;; such as perform missions in locations; or raids at location; exploration, observation etc
this is how we will get Fremen and Worm encounters. And how we may encounter enemy forces in the same location. In which combat may be initiated. Where then the combat result would be calculated based on the unit stats and type comparison of both parties.

Exploration(Discovery) - A chance to encounter fremen, worms, stealth unit; or discover an enemy base; (to find things to observe)
Exploration Generates Random Events; OR Discovers an enemy presence
Observsation(Spy) - A chance to observe fremen, worms, storm;; or spy on enemy base / activity; // giving a feed of events of ocurrance at known bases/spice fields in this location
Observation Provides a Feed of Information at known sites;

Raid(theif) - Attack a spicefield or harvesters; returns spice
Attack - Attack something to destroy it (heavy vehicles less efficient at raiding as destructive + worm attraction)

The weight of the squad will influence worm encounters; and define which squad a worm might attack give a choice of two squads in one location and the randomgen - size of the worm. Fremen might occupy base locations preventing anyone building there until they are removed or recruited. And fremen would generally be consistent of small randomgen AI squads, that basically distrupt your missions from time to time. Fremen might have a popcap in a location; to tell the player what the fremen presence is like in that location to then decide how safe it is to operate here or what squad size is necessary. But we will address this sort of stuff as we near the implementation of these mechanics.

Edited by WermRider

1 hour ago, WermRider said:

I am still working on the Time system. Specifically I am just coming towards completion of time tracing; where we are logging the last application quit time; and comparing it when we reopen the application; to get the difference in time; to then deduct and use algorithm to calculate how many moves should have occurred; and what specific minute and second the next turn clocks would display if the application had not been turned off. And although complex; I have almost completed this. I actually had to rescratch my entire code in order to organize it in a vastly superior way to the code I was running yesterday. But anyways

I had some design changes for Factions- specifically removing Fremen as a faction and have Fremen be Map units; like worms.

Main Factions ---> Plan (with some bonuses)

Atreides ---
Aircraft are cheaper

Harkonen --
Vehicles are stronger

Ordos --

Guild --

Corrino --
Starts with a Palace
Cannot break convention

Smugglers --
Alliances benefit their ally more

here we keep Tleilaxu, Ixian as technology merchants.
Fremen, Storms and Worms are Indigenous/Wild Map Units.

anyway just dropping in --- ima crack on with this system.

p.s All of the generic units from dune2000 will be the generic units available to all houses in this.
no planned new additions to the roster yet;
so this includes;;; High Tech Factory; Heavy Factory; Light Factory; Barracks; Starport
all dune2000 units; harvester, siege tank, mrls, combat tank, trike, quad.
UU like deviator; devastator(tank), sonic tank; ornithropter, sardaukar etc
But as for an actual combat system; we will create squads; and designate these squads purpose;; such as perform missions in locations; or raids at location; exploration, observation etc
this is how we will get Fremen and Worm encounters. And how we may encounter enemy forces in the same location. In which combat may be initiated. Where then the combat result would be calculated based on the unit stats and type comparison of both parties.

Exploration(Discovery) - A chance to encounter fremen, worms, stealth unit; or discover an enemy base; (to find things to observe)
Exploration Generates Random Events; OR Discovers an enemy presence
Observsation(Spy) - A chance to observe fremen, worms, storm;; or spy on enemy base / activity; // giving a feed of events of ocurrance at known bases/spice fields in this location
Observation Provides a Feed of Information at known sites;

Raid(theif) - Attack a spicefield or harvesters; returns spice
Attack - Attack something to destroy it (heavy vehicles less efficient at raiding as destructive + worm attraction)

The weight of the squad will influence worm encounters; and define which squad a worm might attack give a choice of two squads in one location and the randomgen - size of the worm. Fremen might occupy base locations preventing anyone building there until they are removed or recruited. And fremen would generally be consistent of small randomgen AI squads, that basically distrupt your missions from time to time. Fremen might have a popcap in a location; to tell the player what the fremen presence is like in that location to then decide how safe it is to operate here or what squad size is necessary. But we will address this sort of stuff as we near the implementation of these mechanics.

Interesting. So you'll have 6 playable factions? I would add more, since diplomacy with just 6 factions could go weird sometimes. Maybe 8 would suffice for a better diplomacy, but idk. It's just a suggestion, but it might help to add a few more.

I also am interested in how scouting would work, also considering the fact that Ordos get invisible scouts while still. Are you going to have to move a scout every turn otherwise you risk losing it, except for Ordos?

13 minutes ago, FedaYkin said:

Interesting. So you'll have 6 playable factions? I would add more, since diplomacy with just 6 factions could go weird sometimes. Maybe 8 would suffice for a better diplomacy, but idk. It's just a suggestion, but it might help to add a few more.

I also am interested in how scouting would work, also considering the fact that Ordos get invisible scouts while still. Are you going to have to move a scout every turn otherwise you risk losing it, except for Ordos?

Yes something like this I think; so a scout move could be detected; but if the scout is in observation he is invisible for ordos. But he could be discovered if the enemy explored the area. But if the scout moved from one location within a region to another within the same region; an observing scout would alert this to the player/AI where he came from - and where hes going --> and display the timer it takes him to get there aswell;; to the enemy. But as he is still - an observing enemy scout in the same location would not see him.

What are some other factions? I reserved the Ix and TL because TL isn't likely to use Combat Tanks and the standard issue gear; and nor would the Ix; as far as I know.
+ they would get some lore going on in the tech market; and what advanced stuff can be ordered.

Mercenaries I guess could make another; in my current testing I am set to 18 factions so turns tick by at 3 mins each. But they are just dummy factions i am using to lower the time intervals while I tweak  and test the system.

There are quite a bunch of canon Houses in the dune universe. Just look for Dune major houses, you will get quite some results. They are not widely known, but still. I guess even adding the mercenaries could help, since it's gonna be 7 factions. In the dune 2000 campaign i am working on now I am including some canon Houses like House Ginaz, Ecaz, Motitani, Richese etc.

16 hours ago, FedaYkin said:

There are quite a bunch of canon Houses in the dune universe. Just look for Dune major houses, you will get quite some results. They are not widely known, but still. I guess even adding the mercenaries could help, since it's gonna be 7 factions. In the dune 2000 campaign i am working on now I am including some canon Houses like House Ginaz, Ecaz, Motitani, Richese etc.

An Update:
The turn counter is quite efficient and is on its third rewrite and this time its pretty clean and straightforward.

I have begun the process of implementing stats for each house. Of whom each house now has a script.
What we do now is --> if its a Houses turn their script is receiving +1 diplomacy point.
If it has been a full revolution of turns -- and a full turn cycle is complete --> which is currently -> (Faction.Count / GameSpeed)
Then all houses will receive HomeWorldIncome in Credits from their homeworld. HomeWorldIncome is defined on each house script; and is specific to each house.

I'm going to go ahead and create production system for Buildings; and hopefully copy and paste this for all other productions.

• Upvote 1

UVnjGIw.png4

Okay the map and GPX aren't perfect yet, but here I have a system where we have some base locations in the region, and we can select a base location; and pull up some info on it.
Though the content of this information is yet to be implemented.
Here, the selected location is highlighted in red; and this will be considered a base location. and the amount of buildspace available here will be defined by some Region Stats; which will contain all of that Inf Rock, Sand, Rock percentage; that defines how much space each base has; so that locations can be specialized for purpose in the future.

p.s I wasn't sure how many base locations I should put in the regions; so I started the first region by putting as many as possible. Though they may not all have to be viable base locations; and some could be considered spice fields.

Edited by WermRider

36 minutes ago, FedaYkin said:

Nice, I like the UI so far. About territories: what are those dots in the top left territory? 

ofIGMmp.png

I will have to improve on the Harkonen design to match this standard; although these symbols should display for each faction whenever it is that players turn.

Yes the dots in the corner I am testing out methods to make base building - and zone control viable. One method is to  have some preset base locations. and player fight over control of these zones; as each zone, however some zones could be spice grounds; where nearby bases send harvesters and ultimately end up competing for control of the spice.  So maybe many of those dots would be spice fields; but a few of those dots are base locations. If you were to control all dots --- we would highlight the zone as the Houses territory.

33 minutes ago, Fey said:

Been following this thread. This is some really neat stuff!

That's a LOT of dots in a single territory. Maybe a few would suffice? Small House icons to indicate the base owner? :)

Jh1vqMt.png

FlMcM6R.png

Spacing Guild ^^ pretty basic

Themed Harkonen improvement. Ima make an Ordos :P

Lets make this game guys; I will take all your input and create to high standard of specifications and strategic requirements.

and yes I agree; might be too much up there, But I also think there should be a nice variation in general; some with 5 locations, some with 8 locations. And we also wouldn't mind some level of random-gen so that each game the map is somewhat differnt.

See the source image

See the source image

Which Ordos logo do you prefer? I like the Dune2k one to the Emperor one; but its hard to get a HQ rip of it.

Edited by WermRider

Regarding small House Icons to indicate the owner --> YES!! or it will be player colours; But ofc; the player will only know that there is an enemy base there if they have discovered it; or are observing the area.

I was also thinking about Tleilaxu, Ix and Fremen as playables again, Particularly Ix. But I might backtrack on the Fremen; as in order for the Atreides to play the way that we know them to play -- they need access to fremen warriors. Or it would be cool rather that the Atreides play style is to some extent focussing on rallying fremen. It just suits their character more. Again, maybe fremen can lock away some base locations; and cause havoc for harvesters and all sides when we start reaching deeper into the map; where an atreides advantage would come into effect; and it would also be the same sort of time that Harkonen atomics, and other methods of breaking convention would come into play. other methods might include sabotage an enemy starliner to starport delivery. Which would be illegal via Convention. But it could carry a 50% chance of not being discovered, so we add a gamble mechanic to these things. An atomic will get discovered; but an atomic will have much more of a significant effect; where to most factions the convention penalty for doing so would be stagnating; much like the use of an atomic would be to the targets base. Corrino would lack access to any and all methods to break the convention entirely as their main debuffs  And these debuffs are suppose to be sort of neither good nor bad; so its not a bad thing that corrino cant break the convention; because they benefit when others do. Just as its not bad that harkonen alliances decay at double rate; as it can get them out of relationships that are turning sour quickly; but at the same time; can put them behind if others form unions. Its kind of a -- good and bad thing to have. Atriedes ofcourse gets the exact opposite. They struggle to break alliances; which again can be good or bad. When I look at the plan for the smugglers truth is most of that I had ramshackled from ix and tleilaxu designs; and it might be best that the smugglers are providing illegal technologies and offering stealth transport services. Starport rental from specific location. Sort of like Ra2 Tech Buildings. We say the same about Mercenaries. Idk though lets see what rolls out over time.

ps
1. I should probably put a starscape instead of black background
2. I wanna redesign that sidebar

KdhF32K.png

heres an image of some of the timekeeper script properties;
GameSpeed = 0.2 translates to turns that last 11 seconds, and a turn cycle of 11*6.

See how the time is logged above it ^^ ComingCycle, NextCycle, Next Turn; Coming Turn. This is a translated system clock(with date year month) in a binary value. this will prevent time cheating. As this one(and by one I mean the concept) actually checks the length of time in the date change; and if a date change is detected that is less than the date and time that you last played --> you will be known cheating. These values are autosaved on Application.quit; So given you close the application in a realistic way these guys save; and reload when you open again. And they will also know how long ago you last checked. So any production or other variables tied into the time stores will also know that they had been completed a long time ago; and such; if it was a building for example that provides a benefit --> it could then use the time to calculate what you should have as a result. Credits for example.

What is important here is that the game needs to know which faction was next turn; so that when the algorithm figures out in 2 weeks time that 2 weeks ago you set up a base; and then closed the app and it was guilds turn; on the 14th of bla bla on the 2020 at 00:34:21; So that without the use of a Server; we can mathematically figure out exactly where the game should be on relaunch. Useful stuff. And the whole system should work well; and hold up. I guess even jumping forward in time; you could cheat; but u know; I am not so sure. But never the less, no matter. Exploits exploits. For as long as the system can process your credits; and advance some AI progress -- in your absence. I am happy.

The Entire Script

TRbCjFB.png

Begin implanting BaseLocations Houses You might notice there are 6 houses, and 6 factions.

Ey33OON.png

Current Data of a House Script (randomly selected) They generated 85 credits, 17 diplomacy points; from a homeworld income of 5; while I left the game idle.

5wkCc5P.png

Heres what gets selected when you click a base location; at the moment no data is transferred. It only registers as selected and lights up; while all unselected dim.
We will pass the house script in order to register the Base Owner.
A Base Location with structures; could potentially still be taken by an overwhelming non-destructive force; by changing the base owner.
Structures at a base locations; will be best tied into to individual BaseLocation scripts(of which there are currently 15 of, in those dots)

SPECIFICALLY Spice IN Silos' will be tied to base location.
CREDITS are assigned to the House.
Spice in Silo lower the cost of production from Barracks Factory; these units more expensive this way using credits. Only at starport. This is why you might store spice in silos at all. Instead of converting it all to credits. No, Spice is more efficient. Spice is your actual Wealth.  The powerful stuff. Spice is how you get stuff done quickly. Production should be fast; production with credits should be expensive, production with spice is a breeze.  With the idea that ; with the amount of credits you make --> exporting spice; if you spent those credits on unit production from a factory then you would be at a loss as to how much you can manufacture with it, compared to putting it in a silo and spending it on units.  As so you are encouraged to store spice; and spend spice; while doing so makes you a target;  you then need military and off we go. 111 this be useful for getting the AI to know whose got powerful bases and who doesn't. And it can be a variable to encourage AI to raid.

Edited by WermRider

hMq2r11.png

furthermore; each time a harvester makes a successful deposit ;; lets save a log of the time and amount deposited. So that a base owner(and any observers) can keep track of a history of events at this base location.

-----

vf4YzSi.png
Okay; like a base location; here is a spice field script. These guys sit on the map; and harvesters from nearby bases would be tasked to visit them and mine their spice.

Soon we could specify a number of zones in each region to spawn; to randomly generate spicefields or base locations in each region (with some limits; like min amount of base location spawns) with each new game. As so the map content can be shuffled each new game. ++for replayability; and dynamic AI.

For the time being; lets build a refinery; and task a harvester.

y5fkfNJ.png

Okay; so before we rush into harvesting spice from spice fields; we'll need to make a buildmenu for this base location.
I guess the first category we'll need is Spice. we can worry about power afterwoulds.
So lets start off by building the structure in the base location; and we will use the original D2K icons; and the familiar build method.

While building; all other buildings would be off limits until construction complete.
Buildings cannot be queued. You build it; and come back when its finished.

Lets add some of these variables to the script; such as
Refinery Count; Silo Count; Harvester Count

Edited by WermRider

I think coloring the territories based on the faction that owns them would also be a good idea, besides the house icon. It's WAY more immersive to have a political-kind of map with colored territories.

Maybe also adding more territories would be a good idea. I have a feeling the current amount of territories is not very high. There will be like at least 6 factions fighting for them.

8 hours ago, FedaYkin said:

I think coloring the territories based on the faction that owns them would also be a good idea, besides the house icon. It's WAY more immersive to have a political-kind of map with colored territories.

Maybe also adding more territories would be a good idea. I have a feeling the current amount of territories is not very high. There will be like at least 6 factions fighting for them.

More divisions of territory? yes I agree.

I had to knock off earlier so I couldn't continue much work; but I am about to set down and do some more work. Earlier I built the system for the construction of buildings; whereby we select a baselocation; and if we are the house of that baselocation; and we click the refinery button... From here; if we have the credits; we can build the structure; which then activates a countdown clock which reads from a variable buildtime, takes credits from house; and such doing this flips a bool Constructing = true; and for the duration of the countdown constructing remains true, until the countdown is at 0 and construction is complete ---> when once again constructing = false. So given the funds you could just construct another one straight away.

Interesting part about this is on Application.Quit we don't need to carry as much information as we do when we are processing turns. Here we just save the simple information of the base contents and its owner; and the actual real time with date/month/year that the building would be constructed by.  Which is just 30 seconds. But if we were to switch off for more than 30 seconds  we could return to a complete building; and a harvester waiting to be tasked.

So lets crack on and fix this system up to a high standard.

Things we will get as a result of writing code like this --->

1. Dynamic cost of all units and structure which could be unique per House.
This is oppose to having the construction and building prerequisites and other information be a universal script that is referenced by all houses.
So basically I am not 100% sure where I am going to put the prerequisite, buildspeed variables etc; atm the are in base locations; but we will probably reach into the house script to pull these unique prices and values for structures/units.

anyway

enough writing; i'll grab a beer and crack on-

----------

Hey yo if anyone wants to help I could use a list of base prices from the .ini of D2k with all house units and structures; before modifiers are applied.

Edited by WermRider

Tleilaxu ---
50% chance to convert defeated infantry into Contaminators;
Tleilaxu and Allies receive 25% discount on Tleilaxu Technology at the Technology Market
Tleilaxu Technology purchased from the Technology Market is quicker, stronger and more effective.
Unique Unit: Ghola

House of Ix ---
Structure and Vehicles repair at double rate
Allies receive a 20% discount on their Unique Unit;
Windtraps produce 20% more power
Ix receive 20% discount on Ixian technology at the technology market.
Unique Unit: Projector

Bene Gesserit ---
For each ally of the Bene Gesserit gain +1 remote viewer
Each ally receives a 5% overall combat boost
When in an alliance; receive a 20% discount on their allies mercenaries
Can purchase Diplomatic Points with Credits (multiplying x2 with each purchase) 

Atreides ---
Aircraft are cheaper

Harkonen --
Vehicles are stronger

Ordos --

Guild --

Corrino --
Starts with a Palace
Cannot break convention

Smugglers --
Smugglers and Allies receive 50% Discount on Smugglers Services at Starport

Edited by WermRider

Not Given up BTW I have just rewrote the entire game from scratch yesterday; in dynamic PC resolutions; I did so so I could implement some mechanics I overlooked.
The gpx are more streamline and less lights are used. I am also making gpx from scratch incase I decide to release this game officially.
We have also named all of the Base locations unique names; and regions unique names from the books and games.

There are now 11 standard Factions and one gamespeed, Homeworld Planet Screens with more Homeworld development and trade Mechanics. There is a 3D globe of dune in addition to the strategic map that we can rotate. This 3D planet rotates in real time over the course of 24 hours. We will indeed develop a portion of the homeworld; to build our landing force for Dune prior to establishment. The primary MCV force must be constructed prior to selection of Landing Zone on dune. Each faction will land on Dune at different times; when they are prepared. It will not be mandatory to land on dune, and players could perform some operations on the homeworld prior to entering dune.

I will post screens and info when more is ready. But for now we are on a new version project built from scratch using the original demo as a guide.

here is the new Empire Overview screen; it is still unfinished;

kmCy9dW.png

we now count the Orbit(year) the Lunar(month) and the Sol(day); The Length is indicating the total length of the current game. Which is 24 hours. Tleilaxu is on their 24th Turn. We can click the strategic map to open the strategic map view

l93h56T.png

RRAQYuo.png

As the player is disadvantaged to the AI as the player needs to sleep in real life; the player doesn't receive a turn. Only AI factions receive movement turns. The player can move and make decisions as often as they like; so the faction that the player chooses will not be allocated a 6 minute turn schedule in the turn cycle. This is now purely an AI mechanic; giving life to the AI players in real time.

Edited by WermRider

Thanks Bro

9uiTwss.png

this wheel turns with the click of our white buttons bottom left. The top faction is previewed in the description.  We select the Players faction for the game before initiating the  Game. We wont show specific faction bonuses here. This will be available to view once the faction has been selected; in the Home Planet overview.

I have chosen the Throne for the Bene Gesserit; and a the white circle is to represent Smugglers. but nothings permenant or finished yet so. Everything subject to change.

Edited by WermRider

qRDl2Is.png

heres a great progress report;

Cut CHOAM, SMUGGLERS from playable factions list, have other plans for them.

This roster is looking solid to me.  I don't want to over-do it with factions I think the above is just right.
Fremen, Choam, Smugglers will play into the game in their own way. Mainly because smugglers are generic; and Arakeen smugglers are Arrakis Based.  They will offer services of whom some factions will receive discounts on usage.
CHOAM is a shared corporation that changes hands, and we will have something similar going on here, where we can buy from choam and buy into choam. To make choam something we can gain full shareholding control of , as another layer of economy/power.
And we know what we'll do with Fremen and that is these will interfere on the map, and will populate some areas of the map at the beginning of the game by default.  
They are each basically three sub, or story factions that we can share out some bonuses for over our current roster in order to make gameplay more unique than just units for each faction.

I have taken a look into the Richese but they seem to be replaced or related to Ix, or at least they share a homeworld/are the ancestors(I am not entirely sure). 

FD92Dc7.png

Edited by WermRider