Gruntmods v1.6.2.4 Error: This video card does not support the required modes

WoAyumi

Hello, I have just installed the "gruntmods v1.6.2.4 Dune 2000", and first time it launched OK, but after clicking the "START" mission the game had crashed with some toY and tick = 0 error. Next time, and all the times after, when I try to launch I get the same error: This video card does not support the required modes. The game crashes immediately. I tried swapping, and changing options in any way possible, even resetting them.

Can somebody please help me to solve this problem? Thank you!

I am running on Windows 10 x64, intel core i7, nvidia (asus) gtx 1080ti, asus 2560x1440 monitor (I tried different resolutions already).

Thank you so much!

• 1 month later...
On 3/13/2020 at 5:54 PM, WoAyumi said:

I have fixed this by downloading the Dune 2000 from https://cncnet.org/ and throwing the Gruntmods one into the trash can 👍

Sorry, but that was really bad advice.

On Windows 10: I went into the game folder and set both "DUNE2000.exe" and "Launch Dune 2000.exe" into compatibility mode to "Win 98/ME" and "Win Vista" prior to launching the game and the error went away. The error went away and I was able to start the game without any further problems.