Modswapper v. 0.9

Timenn

Ok, if someone already made this, lock this. But I read a suggestion of a modswapper. And it doesn't look so difficult to me to make

Some quotes from another topic:

Hmm I could try it. But then I need a list with all filetypes and where they should go to when installed. And 1 mod a time

But then you must make a log-file with your, devided into 2 sections. One for install. And 1 for uninstall, and in each section stands what to install or remove to place the mod, or remove it.

Then you get a program with a list of all mods it can see (with that log-file) and you can say, install. Or you can say, remove the current mod, and reset Emperor to normal

I could make this btw, for all games, as long as I get lists, what lists exactly! which files should go where

VidiWare's reply:
You mean that a data file like:

Shadow over Arrakis mod v1 - Data file "arrakis_v1.log"

rules.txt,datamodel

artini.txt,datamodel

texture.tga,data3ddatatextures

model.xbf,data3ddataunits

building.xbf,data3ddatabuildings

My reply:
I see thanks. That is all?

But I can't work at it this week, but next week, wait, I make my own topic

Any comments?

As said, I hope I can do something tomorrow, or else next week

No update is needed, you make a file named *.lgt (lgt = lg = logfile t = hehe, timenn, just to have a original file type, no confusing then) And there stands the name of the mod, the files which need to be installed. And maybe some info about the mod, author etc.When you install a mod, it copies all files to the folders they belong, which ARE noticed in the lgt-file. And when you remove the mod, it removes all the files listed in the lgt. Sometimes things need to be replaced. So I must make some backup-files with it. So that you can always say to 'Reset Emperor to Default'No multiple mods nowThings important when using:-All lgt-files must be in a specefic folder-In the lgt stands in which folder the modfiles are located WITHIN the folder where Modswapper stands (the Emperor folder)-The Modswapper itself must be in the Emperor folder, and not higher or lower. To provoke all questions where Emperor is installed etc.Don't worry it are only 2 files, if I'm right-2 files, 1 exe file, and 1 file to remember some things, like which mods are installed-It's free :) :P, no serious, mayb people ever wonder :PASAP, I will get a file-structure of the lgt-file. Which every mod must have, will it works with ModswapperI have a src-shot. But it is a bit empty yet, you see the buttons which are used. And the list of availabe mods. The one now listed is from a test-file. You may translate it if you want :P, but the result isn't satisfactingYeah, this is not needed but fun. Whoever makes the best icon (32x32 + 16x16) for Modswapper, I will choose that icon :), about the results may not be complained blablabla etc. :P

It's a nice one, but too faded, have you an original? Don't forget that a ico-file has:2 images, one from 32x32 and 16x1616 colorsSo the best way to save is with a 16 color bmpWhat's stands beneath mod switcher?I'm now working with the file copyer, And is the list above the full list of possible modfilesI miss the label-files and soundtxt-filesBut for now the file structure looks like this:<Name>{put here the name of your mod, not too long}<Info>{put here all info you like, length doesn't matter, but don't flood}<End> //This closes the Info-tag<Files> //Now the modfiles{here comes the folder where the modfiles are (in /Modlogs/), this must be original<Text files>{list all text-files here *.txt}<End> //close the tag<Buildings>{Put all buildings XBF here}<End> //close buildings tag<Units>{guess what, all units XBF here}<End><Textures>{all tga-files here, the textures}<End><End> //This closes all!I can change the structure, but this is it mainly

Sorry, I can't help it. I didn't invented the ico-file :(It has to be that, otherwise my program won't except itOk, my first beta is out!Read the readme.txt well before you use itAnd please report any bugs etc.

Um, maybe you want to shorten this line.E:WestWoodEmperorDATATIMENDelphi 4ModswapperMaybe remove the Delphi 4And, possibly the TimenOkay.At the current time, this is what are in mods.DataMoviesDataMusicDataSFXDataStringsDataModelData3ddatatexturesData3ddataunitsData3ddatabuildingsAnd their equivelents in RFH/RDH files, so, all the 3ddata ones are in a RFH/RDH file called 3ddata0004.rfh etc model0003.rfh/rdhetc

Most people uses rfh/rfd, since that format is compressed so it makes the files very small, and why do people need to manually edit that file, make an visual editor for it.Why do they need to list the building xbf and unit xbf seperate, they are both handled the exact same way.

Yes, the AI files are in AI0001.rfh/rdh, 0002.rfh/rdh, and the files dataai.But, we haven't looked into that much yet.Timenn, how do you use your moddyswappermajig?Perhaps? Just perhaps, we could make it a standard, with every mod, you know how there is a readme, well, maybe every mod should come with a log file for now on.

Where do you see that line? Delphi 4Timen etc...?

Thanks for the list, but which files must go there? I know it from almost all.

And I will make an update what replaces the rfh/rfd files, or put the new ones with that. And the original ones will be backuped.

And making that log-file is very simple. I can add a template if you want, but it is actually, only some typing at the right place.

And you must say what are buildings and what are units, because I can't (and so the program can't) see what is a builing or a unit, in the filename.

Ok, that's just a matter of adding into the log-file.

And, the program is just doing what you always do, placing the right files where you would do

Well that's what you need, otherwise it won't work with Modswapper.

Ok, I will see what I can do this week, was away this weekend.

Could you make the file format customiseable so mod authors simply have to add in the paths - something like the Emp music inis...

#include AIFiles

#include ModelInins

[AIFiles]

Dest="DataAI"

0="KobraClifftopPatrol0.txt"

[ModelInis]

Dest="DataModel"

0="Rules.txt"

1="ArtIni.txt"

But when you say you are talking about 'textures' for example, then you don't need to add the path, because there is only 1 correct path, am I right?

But I can add that #include buildings, #include textures etc. So you won't have to make empty tags (<Buildings> ... <End>)

Perhaps when you have finished this, you could make a simple program that lets modders, ie, me, or other people not understanding your lgt files, that lets us just input the required fields, and it makes the log file for us?

If you know what I mean.

Damn WinZip >:(Ok, I updated that now, it should do what it has to do.And I added a template file, but it will be all temporary, for I'll make a big-update this week I hope.I deleted the other zip-file