Dune 2000 gets stuck

Harry_3

Windows 10 64 b.  Dune 2000 - Gruntmods Edition

Great game!

Every so often in the middle of playing Dune 2000; the game gets stuck; the PC needs to be reset. All I can do is switching off the power. Start up again; load the the last  save and continue; 10 min. later it happens again.

Who can help me?

Regards, Harry

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi had same issue then I tried different settings and the game did not crash. Go to game file location and open 'ddrwa.ini'.  Change these settings to these:

; Override width/height and always stretch to fullscreen
; Note: Can be combined with 'windowed=true' to get windowed-fullscreen aka borderless mode
fullscreen=false

; Bits per pixel, possible values: 16, 24 and 32, 0 = auto
bpp=32

; Run in windowed mode rather than going fullscreen
; Note: Can be combined with 'fullscreen=true' to get windowed-fullscreen aka borderless mode
windowed=true

; Show window borders in windowed mode
border=True

; auto, opengl, gdi, direct3d9 (auto = try opengl/direct3d9, fallback = gdi)
renderer=opengl

; Force CPU0 affinity, avoids crashes/freezing, *might* have a performance impact
singlecpu=True

Save file.

I think 'rendered' setting to opengl does the trick so might try direct3d9 if not working. Or maybe it fullscreen/windowed resolution. Hope it works!

Edited by skooma

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Striking Drekavac,

I went to 'first go to' STEPS to get Dune 2000 to launch in Windows10 64 bits' 
I followed the steps; I think the instructions are meant in case you can't launch Dune2000. On my PC I launch dune without any problems . 1024x768 didn't work; but 1920x1080 works fine with mu monitor Iiyama ProLite XU2492HSU

Once running I could play a few evenings but  every so often in the middle of playing Dune 2000; the game gets stuck; the PC needs to be reset. All I can do is switching off the power. Start up again; load the the last  save and continue. Later it happens again.

I uninstalled the program and after restart WIN10 I installed Dune2000, starting with the first mission.  At mission 4 the problems started again; the game gets stuck. windows freezes, had to hard reset the PC.

Q: where can I find ddrwa.ini ?