Download Gruntmods Edition 1.6.2.4 Update

Gruntlord6

It's been a long time since I've published an update for the GruntMods Edition. This time I decided to tackle three simple problems that have been an issue for awhile:

• Error messages appearing when the news feed is loaded
  • The built in updater not working
  • Issues with A1V1, A1V2, H1V1, H1V2, O1V1 and O1V2 having most of the events happening outside the playable area

To solve these issues with the launcher, I have updated it to a newer version. The most important change is that it no longer includes an automatic update feature. I made numerous changes to the server infrastructure that broke this feature, and since we don't make updates to the software often this feature is largely unnecessary.

In regards to the mission specific issues, Cm_blast was kind enough to provide updated mission files to address the issue.

That's all for this update, I haven't forgotten about mission 3 of Rise of The Mercenaries but I will need to clear more free time for that to be completed.

You can download the updated version from the GruntMods Edition webpage: https://gruntmods.com/dune_2000_gruntmods_edition/

2 hours ago, Gruntlord6 said:

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Man, it has been a long time!

Thanks for the update, man. We appreciate it. :)

Regarding Rise of the Mercenaries, you may be quite happy to know that Klofkac has also recently updated his editor again. We have the tools and the capacity to generate new maps at an incredibly fast rate! Here's a link to the thread where he dropped the file:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27824-map-and-mission-editor-finally-a-small-update-after-all/?do=findComment&comment=396362

Hope that helps. :D

Edited by Fey

On 6/22/2019 at 7:13 AM, Gruntlord6 said:

It's been a long time since I've published an update for the GruntMods Edition. This time I decided to tackle three simple problems that have been an issue for awhile:

• Error messages appearing when the news feed is loaded
  • The built in updater not working
  • Issues with A1V1, A1V2, H1V1, H1V2, O1V1 and O1V2 having most of the events happening outside the playable area

To solve these issues with the launcher, I have updated it to a newer version. The most important change is that it no longer includes an automatic update feature. I made numerous changes to the server infrastructure that broke this feature, and since we don't make updates to the software often this feature is largely unnecessary.

In regards to the mission specific issues, Cm_blast was kind enough to provide updated mission files to address the issue.

That's all for this update, I haven't forgotten about mission 3 of Rise of The Mercenaries but I will need to clear more free time for that to be completed.

You can download the updated version from the GruntMods Edition webpage: https://gruntmods.com/dune_2000_gruntmods_edition/

Hey gruntmods! did you fix the BLOXXXX error?
I already send you a PM (long time ago) of some people reporting the error that the game cannot find "BLOXBASE", "BLOXBGBS"  or any other "bloxsomething" because it's missing on the instalaction. 

This is the list of BloxXXXX which are the tilesets of the game, It should be 7 ".r8" and another 7 ".r16" files with the name,

Fey and myself uploaded those files to people that had missing them on the previous update you made.
like here:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27821-dune-2000-gruntsmodeedition-error-during-launching-any-mission/?do=findComment&comment=395952

I uploaded only the 16 versions which people were reporting (but could be missing the r8 as well, but the game won't crash if you don't change to 8 bit on the options game.

My file has been downloaded 30 times already, so I guess there were plenty of people having the same trouble. Some found those files when extracting directly the .exe of your package, it's just that the installer skipped them during instalaction? I have no idea.

Just to be sure, the group bloxXXXX in the image of the top are the original's names from the game (my file has a couple of them extra I added by mistake, I think; those are for other custom campaigns but has nothing to do with the original game).

On 6/22/2019 at 7:13 AM, Gruntlord6 said:

If at any moment you are planning to start working on that campaign contact me; I still have the rearrange of your two first missions I did long time ago to make your maps to appear on the "mercenaries" submenu; you may continue from there.

Edited by Cm_blast

On 6/22/2019 at 5:43 AM, Cm_blast said:

Hey gruntmods! did you fix the BLOXXXX error?

Yes the error was fixed last night, thanks for the heads up.

If at any moment you are planning to start working on that campaign contact me; I still have the rearrange of your two first missions I did long time ago to make your maps to appear on the "mercenaries" submenu; you may continue from there.

Hopefully I get some more time to finally finish it, I still get emails asking about it.

Maybe after this weekend when I get back from Montreal :p

On 6/24/2019 at 5:26 AM, Gruntlord6 said:

Hopefully I get some more time to finally finish it, I still get emails asking about it.

Maybe after this weekend when I get back from Montreal :p

By the gruntlord, are you going to update anytime the d2k+site?

On 6/28/2019 at 8:30 PM, Krypto said:

This isn't specific to this update but I've noticed with the Gruntsmod version, why is Rise of Harkonnen and Robotix mixed up in the menu? Is their an easy way I can fix this myself? :D

Hey, stupid question but is "rise of harkonnen" a new mod, that I haven't heard of before 

Jasper

18 minutes ago, Krypto said:

yeah boii

oh hey Krypto

I ran into that bug too but I think it was different tracks. Try deleting the extra tracks included in gruntmods? That might affect something, I dunno.

On 6/30/2019 at 9:56 PM, Krypto said:

Nah it's a music track, in the music menu selecting 'Rise of Harkonnen' actually plays Robotix and vice versa.

I was curious about this one; and I think it's just the string of text it's wrong, because the music was fine on my game buuuuut, I was testing it into one of my own maps (using the spanish strings).

Here, both music selecction from both versions. As you can see, on the english version those two are swapped.

At least on the vanilla (portable) v 1.02 of the english game the tracks are correct (I just tested it); I am not going to bother to update that portable to the last version to check if this problem it's gruntmods related (or funkyFresh modified dune.exe, since I have the vanilla game updated but with that modded file) or that was already on the vanilla game.

Edited by Cm_blast

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/22/2019 at 12:13 AM, Gruntlord6 said:

What about the file errors that you now get when you try to play skirmish mode? Are those being looked at? I know 1.6.2.3 made it so that if you tried to play skirmish, the game would never work again unless reinstalled.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/9/2019 at 5:53 PM, Colos said:

What about the file errors that you now get when you try to play skirmish mode? Are those being looked at? I know 1.6.2.3 made it so that if you tried to play skirmish, the game would never work again unless reinstalled.

First I've heard of this and the music error, I'll have to take a look.

Oh, hey Gruntlord! Nice to see you again.

By the way, Klofkac's map editor has been getting some updates. Not sure if you heard, but I believe he has a new version out. Would be a great update for the D2k toolkit. :)

Edit: Never mind, I just saw you reply on the map editor thread. But it was updated again with a new manual Cm and I wrote up, so you should have another look!!

Edited by Fey

9 hours ago, Fey said:

Oh, hey Gruntlord! Nice to see you again.

By the way, Klofkac's map editor has been getting some updates. Not sure if you heard, but I believe he has a new version out. Would be a great update for the D2k toolkit. :)

Edit: Never mind, I just saw you reply on the map editor thread. But it was updated again with a new manual Cm and I wrote up, so you should have another look!!

It's not like I ever left, I just have very little free time running my own business.

Sometimes the months just woosh right by, makes me forget to check out the forum.

3 hours ago, Gruntlord6 said:

It's not like I ever left, I just have very little free time running my own business.

Sometimes the months just woosh right by, makes me forget to check out the forum.

Heh, of course. :) There's never enough time in the day, unfortunately. I hope everything is going well with business!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/18/2019 at 2:55 PM, General Crum said:

Hey guys. 

Was wondering if anyone had the old version of that allowed the build que patch as well. Lost my old version and the new one doesn’t have it built in. 

Any help would be awesome. 

Thanks Fam 

The old version doesn't include support for the High res patch so it's either one or the other sadly.

• 4 months later...

I'm experiencing a bug with the settings menu in this launcher version. After a clean install the settings menu works as expected, but after launching multiplayer the settings get overwritten by the multiplayer settings. Clicking 'configure settings' will then open up a simplified settings menu, and even in the 'advanced settings', under video options the DxWnd settings are missing, as well as the entire right column of the normal video options.

• 7 months later...
On 4/8/2020 at 3:00 PM, M2k said:

I'm experiencing a bug with the settings menu in this launcher version. After a clean install the settings menu works as expected, but after launching multiplayer the settings get overwritten by the multiplayer settings. Clicking 'configure settings' will then open up a simplified settings menu, and even in the 'advanced settings', under video options the DxWnd settings are missing, as well as the entire right column of the normal video options.

I'm having this issue too. 

On 6/30/2019 at 1:57 PM, JasperRowan said:

Hey, stupid question but is "rise of harkonnen" a new mod, that I haven't heard of before 

Jasper

Before you quoted @Krypto, what he suggested is that Music names in Dune 2000's Options it's Music Panel displayed Music with incorrect names.

On 6/28/2019 at 2:30 PM, Krypto said:

This isn't specific to this update but I've noticed with the Gruntsmod version, why is Rise of Harkonnen and Robotix mixed up in the menu? Is their an easy way I can fix this myself? :D

@JasperRowan, Krypto wants Grunt Mods to fix Incorrect Music names error. You may be suggesting to fix this error has Minor Importance and instead this update really isn't stupid to suggest.