Gruntmods Crash before missions

Deevis

I have been playing Gruntmods and I cannot seem to solve an issue. Sometimes, but not all the time gruntmods will crash just before selecting a mission in the campaign with no error message(it's just the generic this program has stopped working one), this has happened while playing through the atreides (happened at mission 6) harkonnen (happened twice at mission 9) campaign at different points but on another occasion I have been able to replay the atreides campaign without experiencing this once. When this crash happens even if I have a save before it happens or an earlier save I will always get the crash at the mission it happens at.

Has anyone ever had this issue and found anything that works in solving it?

17 hours ago, Deevis said:

I have been playing Gruntmods and I cannot seem to solve an issue. Sometimes, but not all the time gruntmods will crash just before selecting a mission in the campaign with no error message(it's just the generic this program has stopped working one), this has happened while playing through the atreides (happened at mission 6) harkonnen (happened twice at mission 9) campaign at different points but on another occasion I have been able to replay the atreides campaign without experiencing this once. When this crash happens even if I have a save before it happens or an earlier save I will always get the crash at the mission it happens at.

Has anyone ever had this issue and found anything that works in solving it?

Hey mate. Through what means are you starting up the game, have you touched the video settings in the D2k config, and is there an error message? If so, what error message are you getting?

I start the game through the gruntmods launcher by the "Launch Campaign" button. I recall having to do somethings within the video options so the in game movies would play at all but I do not recall seeing any errors the first time I opened the video options and I am not getting any when opening them again. This is what my settings are if this is somehow doing this.

dune2kvo.png

26 minutes ago, Deevis said:

I start the game through the gruntmods launcher by the "Launch Campaign" button. I recall having to do somethings within the video options so the in game movies would play at all but I do not recall seeing any errors the first time I opened the video options and I am not getting any when opening them again.

Hmm. I have "Disable High DPI Scaling" checked, but I don't think that has anything to do with the crashes...

I mean errors with the game. When the game crashes, does an error window pop up?

This may be imperfect, but I and others have had success launching the campaign maps through the "Mission Launcher" application. It should be in your main D2k directory along with the other executable programs. Doing it this way means no in-game movies, but again, it seems to have fixed crashes and a few other miscellaneous issues. :)

An error window pops up after a few seconds when it crashes and what shows up is the "this program has stopped working windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" and there is a button to close the window. There isn't anything else to it.

That is unfortunate as playing through the campaign in it's entirety with the little briefings is part of the charm of the game.

14 minutes ago, Deevis said:

An error window pops up after a few seconds when it crashes and what shows up is the "this program has stopped working windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available" and there is a button to close the window. There isn't anything else to it.

That is unfortunate as playing through the campaign in it's entirety with the little briefings is part of the charm of the game.

Damn, that doesn't sound like a problem with the game itself. It's gotta be something else, some sort of compatibility issue perhaps?

I hope the Mission Launcher works. Again, sorry if that's the only way, but it's better than nothing at all, right? :)

You can also play fanmade content via the Mission Launcher. Here's a link to the index:

https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27756-all-completed-mods-and-tools-index-dune-2000/