Win10 game starts but doesn't function properly to clicks

aematw

Hello everyone!

I've recently decided to play the game again, had it since around 2000, then lost CD, then downloaded from abandonedwaredos and even upgraded to patch 1.06 (from 1.02).

I patched it in order to get rid of the following problem (which still remains):

When I click dune2000.exe, game starts, but then there's my typical mouse and ingame mouse (small triangle-type) - my typical cursor moves, but in-game mouse doesn't respond. Whenever and wherever I click, I get thrown out of the game (as if alt-tabbed), and when I try to reopen the game - it displays in purple, and green colors. I tried different compatibility modes, but it doesn't help. I use Win10, and about a year and a half ago game worked fine from this same computer, but I uninstalled it back then.

Is there any way to fix this? Is it my PC or game itself?

Any advice appreciated.

Best regards

3 hours ago, aematw said:

Hello everyone!

I've recently decided to play the game again, had it since around 2000, then lost CD, then downloaded from abandonedwaredos and even upgraded to patch 1.06 (from 1.02).

I patched it in order to get rid of the following problem (which still remains):

When I click dune2000.exe, game starts, but then there's my typical mouse and ingame mouse (small triangle-type) - my typical cursor moves, but in-game mouse doesn't respond. Whenever and wherever I click, I get thrown out of the game (as if alt-tabbed), and when I try to reopen the game - it displays in purple, and green colors. I tried different compatibility modes, but it doesn't help. I use Win10, and about a year and a half ago game worked fine from this same computer, but I uninstalled it back then.

Is there any way to fix this? Is it my PC or game itself?

Any advice appreciated.

Best regards

Have you tried Gruntmods Edition? Since it's freeware nowadays, you can pick up this version of the game:
https://gruntmods.com/dune_2000_gruntmods_edition/

Which contains a bunch of compatability fixes, and see if any of the video options fix the problem you're running into. GDI mode can fix a lot of things, I've found! If running the normal executable doesn't work, try running the game through Mission Launcher. That's fixed problems for me before, too. Plus, you can use the Mission Launcher to play any custom campaigns you've picked up.

You can find more stuff here:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27756-all-completed-mods-and-tools-index-dune-2000/

Hope that helps.

Thank you very much for advicing me gruntmods! I already tested campaigns and they work as initended, will check what else it offers later!

The most important is it works properly now! Thank you again <3.

6 hours ago, aematw said:

Thank you very much for advicing me gruntmods! I already tested campaigns and they work as initended, will check what else it offers later!

The most important is it works properly now! Thank you again <3.

Really glad to hear that! :)

No prob, fam. Good luck and have fun!

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem with the in-game cursor. The game runs and the keyboard works but the in-game mouse doesn't move. Also, if I left or right click then I get get sent back to the desktop. 

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated! 

On 10/12/2019 at 10:08 AM, Basataan said:

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem with the in-game cursor. The game runs and the keyboard works but the in-game mouse doesn't move. Also, if I left or right click then I get get sent back to the desktop. 

Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated! 

Have you tried using the GruntMods edition? That seems to have worked for the person who made the original post. https://gruntmods.com/dune_2000_gruntmods_edition/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...