What would your sonic tank be like and what will it have?

Dr.Kran

1 minute ago, FembotESMP said:

If I had all those components then it becomes an emitter?

At an extent if the components the components were enough to generate a sound field to the opposite direction.

Just now, Dr.Kran said:

At an extent if the components the components were enough to generate a sound field to the opposite direction.

Mines would generate a sound that prevents others from seeing behind a sound wall for stealth while equipped with a sonic cannon.

4 hours ago, FembotESMP said:

Mines would generate a sound that prevents others from seeing behind a sound wall for stealth while equipped with a sonic cannon.

A stealth Sonic Tank? o_O

1 minute ago, Dr.Kran said:

Sounds can be used for original purposes too and it wouldn't be unlike Atreides to have stealth weapons.

Fremen should be hard to see in the sunlight and their use for cover in the original dune can be to blend in.
Maybe a vehicle with sand camouflage on it would be closer to finding itself in my mod for house Atreides.

5 minutes ago, FembotESMP said:

477073150148870157.png Fremen should be hard to see in the sunlight and their use for cover in the original dune can be to blend in.
Maybe a vehicle with sand camouflage on it would be closer to finding itself in my mod for house Atreides.

477073179580301324.png Then I suggest you make all units for Atreides have long reload rate weapons and try TIBED light making all stats very low so it would seem stronger.
1 whole damage or hitpoint should count as 100 each. For example if you had 300 in stats that would count as 3000 instead.

Edited by Dr.Kran

2 minutes ago, Dr.Kran said:

Sounds can be used for original purposes too and it wouldn't be unlike Atreides to have stealth weapons.

Oh yeah! Don't get me wrong, it sounds cool, but it also sounds like it'd be overpowered. :) Given Dune's lack of stealth detection mechanics, it would be too easy to position those units and break enemy fortifications, or flank massed units. Even accounting for the Sonic Tank's low speed... all it would take is positioning them ahead of time at a convenient location.

Besides, if it were stealth then the behavior would change. It wouldn't fire automatically at encroaching enemy forces, and that's super important for Sonic Tanks, which are powerful defensive weapons!

2 minutes ago, FembotESMP said:

Fremen should be hard to see in the sunlight and their use for cover in the original dune can be to blend in.

Oh hey, you're a modder too? Gosh, we're getting a whole lot of traffic these days. That's really great. :D I do like the idea of camouflaged Fremen. They already have fairly bright outfits and the in-game Fedaykin are stealthed, though I would absolutely not say no to a new set of sprites for them. More fun stuff is better!

How would you implement this camouflage idea? Just give them brighter colors and make them harder in general to see, kind of like those robots in Descent that had the same texture as the walls? And in that case, how do you account for the AI, which can 'see' the units there anyway? And what about the player who's commanding them, how does he identify those units at a glance so he can command them effectively?

5 minutes ago, Fey said:

Oh yeah! Don't get me wrong, it sounds cool, but it also sounds like it'd be overpowered. :) Given Dune's lack of stealth detection mechanics, it would be too easy to position those units and break enemy fortifications, or flank massed units. Even accounting for the Sonic Tank's low speed... all it would take is positioning them ahead of time at a convenient location.

Besides, if it were stealth then the behavior would change. It wouldn't fire automatically at encroaching enemy forces, and that's super important for Sonic Tanks, which are powerful defensive weapons!

Oh hey, you're a modder too? Gosh, we're getting a whole lot of traffic these days. That's really great. :D I do like the idea of camouflaged Fremen. They already have fairly bright outfits and the in-game Fedaykin are stealthed, though I would absolutely not say no to a new set of sprites for them. More fun stuff is better!

How would you implement this camouflage idea? Just give them brighter colors and make them harder in general to see, kind of like those robots in Descent that had the same texture as the walls? And in that case, how do you account for the AI, which can 'see' the units there anyway? And what about the player who's commanding them, how does he identify those units at a glance so he can command them effectively?

The purpose for the sonic tank is to destroy or raid, not defend and they do very bad at it already against 3 quads which could destroy them for it's price. 
 and nothing more, if it was made lighter then it 

My sonic tank doesn't carry a lot and does damage low at a fast fire rate and is designed to move as quick as a regular tank because it only carries iron components and doesn't cargo ammo which makes it faster looking than regular tanks.

Just now, FembotESMP said:

The purpose for the sonic tank is to destroy or raid, not defend and they do very bad at it already against 3 quads which could destroy them for it's price. 

My sonic tank doesn't carry a lot and does damage low at a fast fire rate and is designed to move as quick as a regular tank because it only carries iron components and doesn't cargo ammo which makes it faster looking than regular tanks.

The damage rate for your sonic tank doesn't unbalance things if it's weaker but faster but what about the image shape? If you need help with the image art then I'll be glad to help you make them. If you decide to change things further I'll also suggest you make your tank look like a light and stable combat tank with a rotating or non rotating turret that fires a continuous or non-continuous sound ray. I'm also making 1000 different Atreides, Ordos, Harkonnen, Mercenary, Smuggler and Sardaukar tank halls, turrets and vehicles that you can choose from which will be available to a few people though. I'll only make Atleast 12-80 good ones for each house for the public though.

Oh yeah, that's a fair point. Still, I guess you could place it further back behind Concrete Walls or a turret line, out of the range of Quads. And, you could always cover it with a bunch of Combat Tanks.

My mod changed up the behavior of Concrete Walls and projectile interaction with them; I forgot Quads can normally fire over them. 😅

4 minutes ago, FembotESMP said:

Sorry, this is really confusing. You seem to be talking graphically, mechanically, and technically, simultaneously. Could you speak practically, instead? :)

Just now, Dr.Kran said:

The damage rate for your sonic tank doesn't unbalance things if it's weaker but faster but what about the image shape? If you need help with the image art then I'll be glad to help you make them. If you decide to change things further I'll also suggest you make your tank look like a light and stable combat tank with a rotating or non rotating turret that fires a continuous or non-continuous sound ray. I'm also making 1000 different Atreides, Ordos, Harkonnen, Mercenary, Smuggler and Sardaukar tank halls, turrets and vehicles that you can choose from which will be available to a few people though. I'll only make Atleast 12-80 good ones for each house for the public though.

Wait, A THOUSAND?! o_O But dude, one spriteset is hard enough! I mean, that seems like it'd take, like, forever. I'm sure only one or two would make everyone quite happy!

That would be very nice, I'll mail you about my sonic tank's look but I feel like making it myself though.

6 minutes ago, Fey said:

Oh yeah, that's a fair point. Still, I guess you could place it further back behind Concrete Walls or a turret line, out of the range of Quads. And, you could always cover it with a bunch of Combat Tanks.

My mod changed up the behavior of Concrete Walls and projectile interaction with them; I forgot Quads can normally fire over them. 😅

Sorry, this is really confusing. You seem to be talking graphically, mechanically, and technically, simultaneously. Could you speak practically, instead? :)

No sorry, I don't speak on forums (This is not a practical term.).

It's just a tank that has a weak sonic cannon with really light equipment for strain control and better mobility.

It's just a tank that has a weak sonic cannon with really light equipment for strain control and better mobility.

Oh, alright. So, like a light vehicle with a less-powerful Sonic Tank kind of weapon. That seems like it might be a neat idea!

1 minute ago, FembotESMP said:

A very thorough specification for your sonic tank design. I might also download your mod when you're finished making it.

3 minutes ago, FembotESMP said:

I meant with your terminology, mate. Like, practically applied to the game. If the vehicle is made out of certain parts, that might help us figure out what it should look like, but that doesn't necessarily narrow down how it should act in-game. Like, before I wasn't sure if you were talking about how the vehicle should look, how it should act, or how it fits in the overall game design.

Your following explanation was much more clear and easily understandable because you were concise and specific; you said it was a light tank with a weak sonic cannon. Better mobility, lower damage. You see what I mean? :P

3 minutes ago, Dr.Kran said:

A very thorough specification for your sonic tank design. I might also download your mod when you're finished making it.

Hey Kran, I've been meaning to ask. You've been around here before, right? What brings you back here out of the blue, and what's with all the, uhh... surveys, as y'all put it?

I mean, I share your passion for creating mods and stuff, but this is a lot all of a sudden. So, I'm inclined to ask for the occasion. :)

11 minutes ago, Fey said:

Hey Kran, I've been meaning to ask. You've been around here before, right? What brings you back here out of the blue, and what's with all the, uhh... surveys, as y'all put it?
I mean, I share your passion for creating mods and stuff, but this is a lot all of a sudden. So, I'm inclined to ask for the occasion. :)

I offered these surveys to people to share or give activity and purpose for their methods/personnel.

Your reasons for directories are for your aggreement's sake. My reasons/decisions are for conjunctioning Dune 2k are perfectly encoded/unrelated to another's cares/loves for survey/activity. There's a certain level/caliber for each point/personality having care/love at an extent/sum for the angles/physics in proper/specific fields/areas like Dune 2000 or Age of Mythology conjunctioning. The biggest or top fan(s) for a content/property would feel lame, insulted or infuriated for a particular response unlike me being very isolate with my properties.

I offered these surveys to people to share or give activity and purpose for their methods/personnel.

Your reasons for directories are for your aggreement's sake. My reasons/decisions are for conjunctioning Dune 2k are perfectly encoded/unrelated to another's cares/loves for survey/activity. There's a certain level/caliber for each point/personality having care/love at an extent/sum for the angles/physics in proper/specific fields/areas like Dune 2000 or Age of Mythology conjunctioning. The biggest or top fan(s) for a content/property would feel lame, insulted or infuriated for a particular response unlike me being very isolate with my properties.

Titans expansion? Very nice if you have it.
I'm also a huge fan in the Dune 2k or Age of Mythology games.  

You talk funny, mate. XD But I think I understand - you're just plain passionate, am I right? :)

That's reason enough to do just about anything, I suppose. It's really nice to meet someone with that level of excitement! Although it's also quite surprising.

2 minutes ago, FembotESMP said:

Titans expansion? Very nice if you have it.
I'm also a huge fan in the Dune 2k or Age of Mythology games.  

Ayy lmao, I like Age of Mythology too. I'm horrible at it though! I'm much better at D2k.

Seems everyone around here is into similar stuff. Classic games. Who would've thought? 🤔

My Sonic Tank would be either like the original. Weak when alone. Indeed defeated by 3 Quads. But strong when in a massive group.
But I also like the one shot, kill version of EbfD.

Long range is a pre.
A lot of splash is a pre.

PS. Atreides have a little bit of stealth in EbfD. And I guess, you could count the Fremen (dune2000)? Even if they are not really a part of the Atreides. Atreides have more stealth than the Harkonnen for sure.

• Upvote 1