Are you interested in a Mercenary Special Vehicle or Combat Tank Making competition?

Dr.Kran

Make the best Mercenary Combat tank or Mercenary Special tank.

All entries are sent to me after you've stated that you'll be entering.

Two competitions are available. Enter the first competition and you'll accept defeat and if you enter the second competition and I'll make you the rotation for the full tank if you make it in first, second or third place at the end per month for the year.

5 hours ago, Dr.Kran said:

Make the best Mercenary Combat tank or Mercenary Special tank.

All entries are sent to me after you've stated that you'll be entering.

Two competitions are available. Enter the first competition and you'll accept defeat and if you enter the second competition and I'll make you the rotation for the full tank if you make it in first, second or third place at the end per month for the year.

So if I understand this correctly, anyone can make one sprite for a new vehicle, and if you like it you'll do the full rotation for it? All 32 directions? 😮

Well, I don't have a new merc tank idea, but I did have this one idea. I only ever drew up a concept for it, and nothing more.

Spoiler

lMAPBqu.png
cqvTeMN.png

This is a hovering LAV armed with a plasma weapon similar to Storm Lashers. Rather than discharge enormous quantities of energy into a single attack, it rapidly discharges energy to damage enemies. In the first screenshot, you can see its lightning attack over water. In the second, I did some very lazy rotations, really only the top and bottom frames are the working ones. It's meant to be a longer vehicle, like the Raider.

It's meant to be based on the design of the Emperor: Battle for Dune Ordos hovering tanks. Like this:

Spoiler

O-Deviator-Big.jpg

Except the plasma conduits are on the tips. Since I'm not really an artist, I scrapped the idea in favor of the Shock Raider you can see in-game in my mod, which you requested and I sent in DMs. However, being able to bring this original vehicle to life after all would make a fantastic addition to the Storm Lasher megaturret!

Edited by Fey