How to add other music in game

MattBaker

And by the way, I create missions just because I like this game. If there're bugs or suggestions I'd like to hear, but I really don't like to read criticisms such as "you should do..." or something based on your own ideas and judgements. If you have better ideas, fine, make it work in your own missions. Is it hard to praise? Is it complex to say " I really like H5v2 mission"? 

That's why I don't like to reply to some comments.

I'm on Ordos Missions and have an idea about a whole campaign, but maybe it's not a good idea to share with you guys.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, MattBaker said:

How to add other music in game? Or, in other words, how to convert music to .aud format?

In the completed mods and tools index link, I found this. I think it's what you're looking for:
https://d2kplus.com/audio-converter/

Hope that helps!

4 hours ago, MattBaker said:

And by the way, I create missions just because I like this game. If there're bugs or suggestions I'd like to hear, but I really don't like to read criticisms such as "you should do..." or something based on your own ideas and judgements. If you have better ideas, fine, make it work in your own missions. Is it hard to praise? Is it complex to say " I really like H5v2 mission"? 

That's why I don't like to reply to some comments.

I'm on Ordos Missions and have an idea about a whole campaign, but maybe it's not a good idea to share with you guys.

Thanks.

Oi mate, don't be discouraged from making maps just 'cause you get some negative feedback! In a previous post, you said:

And don't be too serious about some questions like background stories and "I am Harkonnen why do I get Fremen".

What I took from that was that gameplay was your primary concern, and so that's what I tried to offer feedback and suggestions on - in the form of criticism. Because if I don't criticize a map's shortcomings, why is a suggestion then warranted? How can it be said what should change if it's not said why what's already there falls short?

I know it can be difficult to take criticism, especially lots of it at once. So, I apologize if I made you feel uncomfortable. Sincerely.

Still, suggestions offered despite criticism are also one's own ideas and judgments. But remember, I never offered suggestions that would fundamentally change the missions you designed and the ideas you had. If I offered suggestions for a puzzle map, it remained a puzzle map. Those suggestions were based on my experience playing through, and where I think a map could be improved, while remaining faithful to the original intent and design.

To be crystal clear: Offering criticism is my way of showing affection towards a map or campaign. Just as much as offering praise! It means I want to give your map(s) a shot and help you hone your craft so future ideas of the same sort are improved. More fun, and more fulfilling to play and create. And the length at which I go on about your work indicates the time I put in to analysis and the dedication I have to being meticulous and thoughtful. The only issue is, praise only says what you're doing right, and criticism is more versatile and warrants more lengthy responses by default. So, while you may see more criticism than praise, please remember that it's all in the pursuit of learning! As they say, we cannot see into our own fishbowls; we cannot watch our own backs. That's why I regard others' perspectives as so important, and offer my own where I can.

In the Atreides campaign, I remember 4V1 and 5V2 fondly, and 7V1 and 7V2 were also distinctly good and fun.

So, don't stop sharing and don't give up, mate. There's nothing to be ashamed of in receiving criticism, as none of us know everything by default and we all benefit from improvement. I hope you understand. :)

On 4/17/2019 at 3:14 AM, Fey said:

In the completed mods and tools index link, I found this. I think it's what you're looking for:

Hope that helps!

Oi mate, don't be discouraged from making maps just 'cause you get some negative feedback! In a previous post, you said:

What I took from that was that gameplay was your primary concern, and so that's what I tried to offer feedback and suggestions on - in the form of criticism. Because if I don't criticize a map's shortcomings, why is a suggestion then warranted? How can it be said what should change if it's not said why what's already there falls short?

I know it can be difficult to take criticism, especially lots of it at once. So, I apologize if I made you feel uncomfortable. Sincerely.

Still, suggestions offered despite criticism are also one's own ideas and judgments. But remember, I never offered suggestions that would fundamentally change the missions you designed and the ideas you had. If I offered suggestions for a puzzle map, it remained a puzzle map. Those suggestions were based on my experience playing through, and where I think a map could be improved, while remaining faithful to the original intent and design.

To be crystal clear: Offering criticism is my way of showing affection towards a map or campaign. Just as much as offering praise! It means I want to give your map(s) a shot and help you hone your craft so future ideas of the same sort are improved. More fun, and more fulfilling to play and create. And the length at which I go on about your work indicates the time I put in to analysis and the dedication I have to being meticulous and thoughtful. The only issue is, praise only says what you're doing right, and criticism is more versatile and warrants more lengthy responses by default. So, while you may see more criticism than praise, please remember that it's all in the pursuit of learning! As they say, we cannot see into our own fishbowls; we cannot watch our own backs. That's why I regard others' perspectives as so important, and offer my own where I can.

In the Atreides campaign, I remember 4V1 and 5V2 fondly, and 7V1 and 7V2 were also distinctly good and fun.

So, don't stop sharing and don't give up, mate. There's nothing to be ashamed of in receiving criticism, as none of us know everything by default and we all benefit from improvement. I hope you understand. :)

Thanks, bro. that's really helpful. I had a bad day and went online and saw those I didn't want to read. I should be more positive.

On 4/17/2019 at 3:14 AM, Fey said:

Hope that helps!

Sadly the audio converter doesn't work. I click "open" and add the .aud music from D2k, it stops working. Others can't click. My system is Windows 8.1. Never mind I just skip the music part

3 hours ago, MattBaker said:

Thanks, bro. that's really helpful. I had a bad day and went online and saw those I didn't want to read. I should be more positive.

Hey man, it's cool. I think we all have those days. :)

If you'd like my feedback to be more specific about certain aspects other than what I've been providing it on, I'll need you to be very specific. I kinda have the autisms, so unless folks are extremely specific about what exactly they want, I may easily misconstrue what's said.

2 hours ago, MattBaker said:

Sadly the audio converter doesn't work. I click "open" and add the .aud music from D2k, it stops working. Others can't click. My system is Windows 8.1. Never mind I just skip the music part

Oh damn, really?

Trying it myself, the same things happens. Apparently going into the "audwav" folder reveals that critical components of the converter "can't run on my PC." I've got Windows 10. Maybe it would work on a virtual machine, or something? I don't know how to set up a virtual machine; I've never had to work with those before. That seems to be the problem though, those files not running, so maybe that helps you get somewhere. :P

I tried the program myself. It doesn't works (Win 7)

Testing things at least I manage to trigger an specific error: The program it's for 32 bits only.
The program was made in 2013, so yeah, only old SO or at least on 32 bits.

Edited by Cm_blast

On 4/19/2019 at 3:43 PM, Cm_blast said:

I tried the program myself. It doesn't works (Win 7)

Testing things at least I manage to trigger an specific error: The program it's for 32 bits only.
The program was made in 2013, so yeah, only old SO or at least on 32 bits.

ok, I'll pass the music part . thx