Dune 2_2019_New missions

DuneFan2019

Dune2 with new unusual interesting missions.
=================================================
This is original dune 2 with 9 new original missions for all 3 houses ( Total - 27 missions 9*3).
Simple run - only download and 1 click for run game.
+AutoHotKey script for better game control(right click for move unit, mouse wheel - for atack unit).
+Small changes for better game and strong stick to the classics game.
Example:
Wall - cost 20, increase armor and fast build. Now it sometimes need :)
Wind trap - 200 energy (for lower count passive buildings and more active buildings with standart small game limits)
All missions testing  - work fine.
Missoins Atreidis - normal diffictility. Harkonnen - easy/normal diffictility. Ordos - hard.

Video Sample

https://youtu.be/32EPgm0wePM

Spoiler

Дюна 2_2019 с новыми интересными и неожиданными миссиями.

Это оригинальная игра 1992ого по 9 новых миссий для каждого дома.
Плюс небольшие изменения, которые не нарушают логику оригинальной Дюны, а лишь исправляют некоторые недочеты.

Стены не использовались. их цена снижена, броня и скорость постройки увеличена. Теперь им тоже можно найти применение.
Орнитопер-разведчик, так же был совершенно не нужен, у него снижена цена и немного увеличена броня.
Авиационный завод, так же никто его не строил, потому что можно было купить все в космопорте быстрее и дешевле. Теперь в космопорте их заказать нельзя.

Игра имеет очень высокие ограничения на количество юнитов и зданий(Всего 80). Поэтому что бы иметь возможность реализовыать интересные миссии - пришлось все же поменять некоторые вещи:

Ветряк производит 200 энергии вместо 100.  Это сокращает общее количество пассивных зданий.
Цена зданий/время стрительства/броня пропорционально увеличена.

Девастатор для строительства игроком и компьютером не доступен. Он превращен в очень сильного юнита, который эффективно охраняет базы противника в последних миссиях.
На этот шаг так же пришлось пойти из за жестких ограничений игры на количество юнитов. Это сократило кол-во юнитов для охраны базы противника, и теперь он может проводить массированные атаки.

Не забывайте что из за бага игры, скорость игры в настройках не влияет на время высадки десанта и начала атаки противника.
Поэтому рекомендуется играть на самой высокой скорости во время первоначального развития. Иначе к моменту начала атаки вы будете развиты в несколько раз меньше.
Так же из за бага оригинальной дюны-2 в большинстве миссий ограничены возможности заказывать часть техники в космопорте.
Миссии артедисов - средние по сложности. Харконенов - самые простые. Ордосов - наиболее сложные.
Для запуска удобнее использовать скрипт Dune2MouseHelper.exe(Dune2_MH_2_0), который управляет атакой и передвижением юнитов правой и средней кнопкой мышки.
Это делает управление в игре удобнее, не нарушая оригинальную идею - когда каждый юнит управлется отдельно.

Для запуска:
Запустите Dune2019.bat
или
Запустите Dune2_MH_2_0.exe.
Потом перетащите Dune2.exe на ярлык DosBox и наслаждайтесь игрой.

If you get message  "file not found" - you need register in this forum for download. Thanks

2_Dune2_2019_NewMissions_.zip

Edited by DuneFan2019

Forum administrators, please enable the ability to download attachments for unregistered users in the forum settings. 90% of users are not registered. Trying to download the attachment, they receive a message that such a file no longer exists. It was with me. After registration it turned out that the attached files actually exist.
Thanks

8 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

Wait wait wait, you actually scripted that nuke to land everytime there? or it's just a "dune 2000 like" behaviour that spawning a DH always land in certain position? (is interesting either way).

I am interested to play in the near future.

I tried to make each mission interesting and unique. In the last battle - the battle goes against 30 palaces of the emperor. 30 rockets every 5 minutes.

8 hours ago, Andrew said:

Hi. new users need to be approved at the start to help prevent spam bots. :) I've approved your thread/post, so should work now.

yes. i know. Thanks.

What about this?

=============

Forum administrators, please enable the ability to download attachments for unregistered users in the forum settings. 90% of users are not registered. Trying to download the attachment, they receive a message that such a file no longer exists. It was with me. After registration it turned out that the attached files actually exist.
Thanks

============

3 hours ago, DuneFan2019 said:

I tried to make each mission interesting and unique. In the last battle - the battle goes against 30 palaces of the emperor. 30 rockets every 5 minutes.

I hope the map it's still balanced xD.

I already download it; I will try in another moment.

I edted dune 2 in the past; the first time I used a very bad editor that didn't even show the whole map, just buildings/units (no terrain) to add some buildings or place mercs; later I make use of Dune legacy editor to get .ini files to play on the vanilla game, but half the time the buildings didn't show up correctly or crash because the limits.

Walls and concretes count as buildings too?

4 hours ago, DuneFan2019 said:

Thanks

I contacted gobalopper; he added recently a new update to the forum (that's why your download appears that graphic, 1 week ago just appear the text with underline); I don't know if the last update it's related with this or if it is something that happen always; either way I asked Gobalopper.

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/1/2019 at 7:12 PM, DuneFan2019 said:

Dune2 with new unusual interesting missions

I Played some of the early maps. I already beat four maps on the Atreides campaign. It has a frenetic pace (at least the third map) that it's a bit hard with the original controls.

I tried with the add-on to use the mouse to give commands, but that doesn't work too well, al least here. half the time right clicking works, half the time I cannot even select my own units. Anyway; I keep using my dosbox as usual to keep playing.

I would like to have a better briefing, at least a bit of some missions because now it only said like 1 line of dialogue. I don't know exactly how it can be modded, but a bit of "you will have limited resources; I will send some missile launcher, destroy the Harkonnen base" or something like that, just to know a bit what the map it's going to be about since, like you said on the quote, those are "unusual" missions.

If you can mod the dialogue on the advice on the mentat you can use it to give a tip or two how to beat the mission or something like that. For example on the map 2 I needed to reload multiple times until I find a spice field not protected by the turrets. You may add a tip on the advice to say that there is a area more safe or at least suggest "maybe you can find a place to do your stuff".

I didn't read the briefing, but I think it's just the original, right? Because in par with I said early, the briefing saying "you need to harvest 2700 credits; but the Harkonnen are protecting most of the spice fields" just to know before hand that will happen.

But anyway; so far I am ejoying the new maps. a bit frenetic to play with the orignal controls, but not really your fault if the easy-control doesn't work here too well.

So, good work.

Edited by Cm_blast