Entity drums

entity drums

7 hours ago, entity drums said:

Hi everyone, in regards to hi scores the highest I've ever gotten is 1240 as the Ordos. the ranking is called "chief warlord" is there a ranking higher than this? and if so what amounts of points do I need to get it?

Hey mate!

Aye, I believe "Emperor" is the max rank and it takes like... somewhere over 1400 points to get it. Pretty tricky!

Also, welcome. You new around here? :)

On 3/1/2019 at 11:54 PM, Fey said:

Hey mate!

Aye, I believe "Emperor" is the max rank and it takes like... somewhere over 1400 points to get it. Pretty tricky!

Also, welcome. You new around here? :)

Thanks a lot! can anyone confirm this?

Yeah just joined recently. I used to play this as a teen and loved it. I've set myself the challenge of completing the mission 9s on hard and getting "emperor" ranking. though this is probably REALLY hard!!

Also, thanks for welcoming me!

2 hours ago, entity drums said:

Yeah just joined recently. I used to play this as a teen and loved it. I've set myself the challenge of completing the mission 9s on hard and getting "emperor" ranking. though this is probably REALLY hard!!

Also, thanks for welcoming me!

Well then, good luck mate! You should pick up Gruntmods if you haven't already - you'll be able to select the mission from the Mission Launcher without needing to go through the entire campaign up to that point.

There's plenty more content after the original game is done thanks to modders' efforts, so if you're still hungering for more D2k, have a look at this thread:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27756-all-completed-mods-and-tools-index-dune-2000/

For anything else, ask. Cm_blast and I are still actively working on stuff, and we'll be around to answer questions too, whether you're looking to make stuff yourself or you're looking for recommendations on stuff to check out. :)

7 hours ago, Fey said:

ell then, good luck mate! You should pick up Gruntmods if you haven't already - you'll be able to select the mission from the Mission Launcher without needing to go through the entire campaign up to that point.

Don't ever need gruntmods. There is a mission selector you can apply on the vanilla game to start from the mission you want.

10 hours ago, entity drums said:

I know you are talking about Dune 2000 and not Dune 2, but on that game I got the "Emperor" ranking once in my life. Was a time that I only lost 2 units during the final mission. I was "wait, Emperor? that's new!", then I saw I only lost 2 units that were 2 trikes/quads I send to scout.

3 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

Don't ever need gruntmods. There is a mission selector you can apply on the vanilla game to start from the mission you want.

I know you are talking about Dune 2000 and not Dune 2, but on that game I got the "Emperor" ranking once in my life. Was a time that I only lost 2 units during the final mission. I was "wait, Emperor? that's new!", then I saw I only lost 2 units that were 2 trikes/quads I send to scout.

Oh yeah, there's that too! lol

A friend of mine was having trouble getting d2k to run through the normal application, but using the mission launcher for some reason made D2k run without problems. I dunno how that works. :D

...And how'd you only lose two units in a level? o.O

2 hours ago, Fey said:

...And how'd you only lose two units in a level? o.O

I was talking about Dune 2. If you have the repair pad and carryalls, as soon as the unit it's at 49% the carryall comes, pick up the unit, go into reparations and, if the building it's totally surruonded (walls and/or other buildings) the carryall pick up the unit and drop it where he was, so you can advance very slowly that way.

But that was Dune 2, nothing to do with dune 2000 (which sometimes I sacrifice troopers because they are at 20-30% health xD.

1 hour ago, Cm_blast said:

I was talking about Dune 2. If you have the repair pad and carryalls, as soon as the unit it's at 49% the carryall comes, pick up the unit, go into reparations and, if the building it's totally surruonded (walls and/or other buildings) the carryall pick up the unit and drop it where he was, so you can advance very slowly that way.

But that was Dune 2, nothing to do with dune 2000 (which sometimes I sacrifice troopers because they are at 20-30% health xD.

Well yeah, Dune 2. :P I had no idea the Repair Pad and Carryalls were THAT useful. It's automatic? You don't need to hit that repair or retreat hotkey and get your guys to go home manually? I mean, hell, that's pretty OP. lol

2 hours ago, Fey said:

Well yeah, Dune 2. :P I had no idea the Repair Pad and Carryalls were THAT useful. It's automatic? You don't need to hit that repair or retreat hotkey and get your guys to go home manually? I mean, hell, that's pretty OP. lol

Totally xD. and carryalls here are much more faster to pick up and move, however the enemy rocket turrets can shoot the carryall more distance away that ground units. If the carryall dies while is still pick up (in movement those rockets won't hit) both the carryall and the unit dies; you can even see the carryall crashed at the sand, just like some tilesets here in Dune 2000 have a carryall on the sand (but you never got too see that ingame).

But that's enough off topic; I never paid attention of the points or ranking in Dune 2000 (probable was amazed at the cutscenes to care about points), so I dunno about 2000 points sistem at all.

Edited by Cm_blast

On 3/4/2019 at 12:13 AM, Cm_blast said:

I just finished mission 9 on hard (atreides) I only lost 2 sonic tanks the ENTIRE mission. but it said that I had lost 65?! I also lost 0 buildings (and it said i had lost a few) does it count as losing a building when you sell them? 

I scored 1305 points and got "ruler of arrakis" status

1 hour ago, entity drums said:

I just finished mission 9 on hard (atreides) I only lost 2 sonic tanks the ENTIRE mission. but it said that I had lost 65?! I also lost 0 buildings (and it said i had lost a few) does it count as losing a building when you sell them? 

I scored 1305 points and got "ruler of arrakis" status

Nicely done! Uhh... did you use only Sonic Tanks for the whole mission? O.o

Units lost could be infantry, vehicles, anything. While the KDR is fun to look at, I think speed is the most fun to work towards. Regardless of what speed you play on, the tics are displayed here in the Mission Launcher after a map is finished: https://prnt.sc/mtchqz

Time spent paused / AFK, and exiting the game and loading a save will affect the "game duration," which is real time spent, but tics will always be measured accurately. 25 tics = 1 second, 1500 tics = 1 minute. That's in in-game time. If you're playing on the fastest speed, real time to game time is somewhere around 1:2.

About points, 1305 is still pretty good. :P I don't think it counts as losing a building if you sell them, that would be pretty silly.

Edited by Fey

On 3/5/2019 at 3:40 PM, Fey said:

Nicely done! Uhh... did you use only Sonic Tanks for the whole mission? O.o

Units lost could be infantry, vehicles, anything. While the KDR is fun to look at, I think speed is the most fun to work towards. Regardless of what speed you play on, the tics are displayed here in the Mission Launcher after a map is finished: https://prnt.sc/mtchqz

Time spent paused / AFK, and exiting the game and loading a save will affect the "game duration," which is real time spent, but tics will always be measured accurately. 25 tics = 1 second, 1500 tics = 1 minute. That's in in-game time. If you're playing on the fastest speed, real time to game time is somewhere around 1:2.

About points, 1305 is still pretty good. :P I don't think it counts as losing a building if you sell them, that would be pretty silly.

Thanks I use sonic tanks and missile tanks. I literally only lost 2 tanks I didn't make any infantry or light units...

Shaokan is really fun to watch speed run on the hard missions.

It would be awesome to start up a speed running competition for the hard missions across the houses!

10 hours ago, entity drums said:

Thanks I use sonic tanks and missile tanks. I literally only lost 2 tanks I didn't make any infantry or light units...

Shaokan is really fun to watch speed run on the hard missions.

It would be awesome to start up a speed running competition for the hard missions across the houses!

Missile Tanks are awesome too. :P Hmm, I wonder why it said so many units were lost then. The Mission Launcher hasn't glitched up like that for me.

I agree! Shaokhan is a great player and his experience in multiplayer is awesome to see against AIs.

I'd totally be up for speedrunning measurements. We'd have to do it in tics though since that's what's measured; the real time would be skewed if people
save / load, quit and load game, you know. Granted, people could get really low times by using saves / loads to play maps perfectly through each part too, but /shrugs. Playing for a good real-time speed and good tics count might be a happy medium, provided the player doesn't take a break in the middle and is comfortable with max speed.

On a related note, I'm taking par time measurements on the campaign I'm working on. On hard or hard+ (hard mode + the map's optional in-game difficulty boost, enabled through choices the player makes), in an effort to encourage speedrunning. My measurements are in tics and approximate real time, fastest game speed, no saving or anything.