AI problem

Helkor Duner

Hello. I tried to create missions for the company. Now there was a problem. I am sure that in most of the original missions, bots do not create engineers and MCV even if it is required (except for maybe 9 levels). But in my mission, the bot still hires engineers. It is desirable for me to get rid of attacks on buildings from the enemy at all (as is necessary in the mission), I tried to change all the values - make first attack building delay to 9999999, attack building stength 0, etc. All this does not help.

34 minutes ago, Helkor Duner said:

Hello. I tried to create missions for the company. Now there was a problem. I am sure that in most of the original missions, bots do not create engineers and MCV even if it is required (except for maybe 9 levels). But in my mission, the bot still hires engineers. It is desirable for me to get rid of attacks on buildings from the enemy at all (as is necessary in the mission), I tried to change all the values - make first attack building delay to 9999999, attack building stength 0, etc. All this does not help.

Hey there!

The value to prevent the AI from making Engineers is in the UnitBuildPriority. Set this to 0.000:
https://prnt.sc/mj8pw2

That will make the AI never train Engineers. The UBPs can be customized to make the AI use a specific combination of units. In that AI, the Missile Tank is set to 0.010, so the AI will make sure to have at most one Missile Tank among its forces at any time - and that's all.

It's impossible to prevent the AI from attacking buildings unless you make those buildings belong to a side friendly to that AI, but setting all "AttackBuildingPriority" entries to 0.000 will cause the AI to attack the nearest target, not specific buildings (note: this will break special weapons like Saboteurs). You can also set their Morale AttackBuilding and MinMorale to 0, though they may send at least one attack before never doing it again.

Also, make sure EnablePractice is set to 0 unless you want the AI to build new structures beyond what you place on the map for them. Among other weird things "practice AIs" tend to do, like build MCVs.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Fey
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fey said:

Hey there!

The value to prevent the AI from making Engineers is in the UnitBuildPriority. Set this to 0.000:
https://prnt.sc/mj8pw2

That will make the AI never train Engineers. The UBPs can be customized to make the AI use a specific combination of units. In that AI, the Missile Tank is set to 0.010, so the AI will make sure to have at most one Missile Tank among its forces at any time - and that's all.

It's impossible to prevent the AI from attacking buildings unless you make those buildings belong to a side friendly to that AI, but setting all "AttackBuildingPriority" entries to 0.000 will cause the AI to attack the nearest target, not specific buildings (note: this will break special weapons like Saboteurs). You can also set their Morale AttackBuilding and MinMorale to 0, though they may send at least one attack before never doing it again.

Also, make sure EnablePractice is set to 0 unless you want the AI to build new structures beyond what you place on the map for them. Among other weird things "practice AIs" tend to do, like build MCVs.

Hope that helps!

Thank you very much, this information will be very useful to me.

Fey already answered your question. Keep in mind that the AI will always send eengineers paired with some infantry and trooper if possible. Eengineers, St.Fremen and Saboteurs have their own behaviour and his attacks canot be modified directly. As soon as those units are ready (or Sab has the full Stealth bar) they will "attack".

But yes, a priority of "0.000" will prevent that AI to produce the specific unit on the name.

Edited by Cm_blast

Hello again, I will not even create a new topic. I completed this mission, about the effect that I wanted, I received. In the new mission, I have another task, which I have been trying to set up for an hour.

It is necessary to make AI attacks similar to the attack of the Harkonnen from the 7th mission for the Atreides. There, they wait a fairly long time, train the army, units do not go anywhere, but then a large army sharply attacks. I even tried to completely copy the settings of Harkonnen from that mission, but alas, it did not help.

What happens to me? From the very beginning of the mission, the enemy begins to train the trikes on one base, to order a missile tank to the old port on the other base. After they immediately attack.

Thanks.

On 2/10/2019 at 10:35 PM, Fey said:

No prob, mate! If ya need anything else, there's the AI manual:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27803-d2k-ai-manual/

Or ya could always ask me. I helped Cm_blast write it. :)

On 2/10/2019 at 10:55 PM, Cm_blast said:

Fey already answered your question. Keep in mind that the AI will always send eengineers paired with some infantry and trooper if possible. Eengineers, St.Fremen and Saboteurs have their own behaviour and his attacks canot be modified directly. As soon as those units are ready (or Sab has the full Stealth bar) they will "attack".

But yes, a priority of "0.000" will prevent that AI to produce the specific unit on the name.

619976497_(226).thumb.png.efd0dbba9b00a873cf7a0a29e6da1dd1.png511639094_mapimage.thumb.jpg.2df9b2d624ffd58d9acebf52ee7cb34a.jpg

Edited by Helkor Duner

7 hours ago, Helkor Duner said:

snip

Hallo!

The H7V1 AI is kinda weird in how it's set up. The player's own rock island is actually within the AI's defense zone, so if the player builds far enough to the right (or moves units on the right side of the island), it triggers the AI's "emergency" mode. This forces it to ignore its cashstash and switch from a 1250 tic buildrate to a 1 tic buildrate, and it'll send defense forces to your base since it thinks you're in its base.

The AI you've got there has a build rate of 1000 tics, which is one unit every 40 seconds. And this could be a tank or just a Light Infantry. Since it attacks every 9000 tics (6 minutes), it'll send very few units along with whatever it's ordered at the starport.

To make the AI build up more stuff for a stronger attack, change the BuildRate parameter to something faster, like 250-500 (new unit every 10-20 seconds). You could also boost the AttackBuildingStrength to something like 50-70 so the AI dedicates more of its standing forces to an attack. You could also spawn some free units in at the start so the AI gets a little something to buff up its first attack, and fill in the blanks with some reinforcements. Not too many reinforcements though, just a couple of Carryall drops near the start will do to keep the player on his toes.

If the AI is attacking constantly, it seems you've got two side 1 bases there in a formation where the AI's defense area will be in the player's base. That's probably the issue. Try making the bottom-left or top-right bases belong to a different allocation index, so the defense boxes are drawn like this:
https://prnt.sc/ml0ww6

Instead of like this:
https://prnt.sc/ml0x5t

Hope that helps. :)

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Helkor Duner said:

Hello again, I will not even create a new topic. I completed this mission, about the effect that I wanted, I received. In the new mission, I have another task, which I have been trying to set up for an hour.

It is necessary to make AI attacks similar to the attack of the Harkonnen from the 7th mission for the Atreides. There, they wait a fairly long time, train the army, units do not go anywhere, but then a large army sharply attacks. I even tried to completely copy the settings of Harkonnen from that mission, but alas, it did not help.

What happens to me? From the very beginning of the mission, the enemy begins to train the trikes on one base, to order a missile tank to the old port on the other base. After they immediately attack.

Alright, I was about to answerd this but Fey caught me.

Overall it's just this part.

24 minutes ago, Fey said:

Instead of like this:

the AI just draw an imaginarie rectangle around all the buildings owner of that AI; I am talking only about the Harkonnen ones, here the smuggler and Atreides doesn't count. As you can see, the player it's inside the area the AI it's about to defend, it believes that you are attacking it because you are "near" his base; that's the logic the AI uses and, because of that, he will try to fight you with any units available.

The best you can do it's what suggest Fey: 1 of those two bases, instead using the "harkonnen" side; change it into other side; Imperial, for example.

Then, on the missions settings change the alloc. index of the Emperor to be Harkonnen and that's it: of course later you need to update the Imperial AI tab, but at this point I guess you know how to do that (or you can just simply export/import the one the Harkonnen are using to have those two Ais to behave the same).

With that it's enough; with the "first attack building delay" you can control the time the AI waits until attacking for the first time. The bigger the number it's, the more time the wait to attack the first time.

Remember that 1500 ticks = 1 minute (in game time); so if you want that AI to wait 15 minutes before attacking the first time, his first attack building delay needs to be 15*1500 = 22500 ticks.

Edited by Cm_blast
  • Upvote 1

Thank you very much, I don’t have any minor attacks anymore - indeed, the player’s base was in the AI zone. But for some reason they stopped attacking altogether only when the carryalls were planted with the hunt parameter. Smugglers (atreides with a modified index) bring units to the starport and must attack every 15,000 ticks. But during the game they are engaged only in defense. I even decided to put the percentage of attack at 100 for the sake of verification - they still do not attack the player. I hope I will solve this problem, thanks for the help that already is.

On 2/14/2019 at 3:46 PM, Fey said:

Hallo!

The H7V1 AI is kinda weird in how it's set up. The player's own rock island is actually within the AI's defense zone, so if the player builds far enough to the right (or moves units on the right side of the island), it triggers the AI's "emergency" mode. This forces it to ignore its cashstash and switch from a 1250 tic buildrate to a 1 tic buildrate, and it'll send defense forces to your base since it thinks you're in its base.

The AI you've got there has a build rate of 1000 tics, which is one unit every 40 seconds. And this could be a tank or just a Light Infantry. Since it attacks every 9000 tics (6 minutes), it'll send very few units along with whatever it's ordered at the starport.

To make the AI build up more stuff for a stronger attack, change the BuildRate parameter to something faster, like 250-500 (new unit every 10-20 seconds). You could also boost the AttackBuildingStrength to something like 50-70 so the AI dedicates more of its standing forces to an attack. You could also spawn some free units in at the start so the AI gets a little something to buff up its first attack, and fill in the blanks with some reinforcements. Not too many reinforcements though, just a couple of Carryall drops near the start will do to keep the player on his toes.

If the AI is attacking constantly, it seems you've got two side 1 bases there in a formation where the AI's defense area will be in the player's base. That's probably the issue. Try making the bottom-left or top-right bases belong to a different allocation index, so the defense boxes are drawn like this:
https://prnt.sc/ml0ww6

Instead of like this:

Hope that helps. :)

On 2/14/2019 at 3:52 PM, Cm_blast said:

Alright, I was about to answerd this but Fey caught me.

Overall it's just this part.

the AI just draw an imaginarie rectangle around all the buildings owner of that AI; I am talking only about the Harkonnen ones, here the smuggler and Atreides doesn't count. As you can see, the player it's inside the area the AI it's about to defend, it believes that you are attacking it because you are "near" his base; that's the logic the AI uses and, because of that, he will try to fight you with any units available.

The best you can do it's what suggest Fey: 1 of those two bases, instead using the "harkonnen" side; change it into other side; Imperial, for example.

Then, on the missions settings change the alloc. index of the Emperor to be Harkonnen and that's it: of course later you need to update the Imperial AI tab, but at this point I guess you know how to do that (or you can just simply export/import the one the Harkonnen are using to have those two Ais to behave the same).

With that it's enough; with the "first attack building delay" you can control the time the AI waits until attacking for the first time. The bigger the number it's, the more time the wait to attack the first time.

Remember that 1500 ticks = 1 minute (in game time); so if you want that AI to wait 15 minutes before attacking the first time, his first attack building delay needs to be 15*1500 = 22500 ticks.

211609004_(228).thumb.png.0287943a551f2b1e5fe6883aa054b4bc.png

3.jpg

Edited by Helkor Duner

1 hour ago, Helkor Duner said:

Thank you very much, I don’t have any minor attacks anymore - indeed, the player’s base was in the AI zone. But for some reason they stopped attacking altogether only when the carryalls were planted with the hunt parameter. Smugglers (atreides with a modified index) bring units to the starport and must attack every 15,000 ticks. But during the game they are engaged only in defense. I even decided to put the percentage of attack at 100 for the sake of verification - they still do not attack the player. I hope I will solve this problem, thanks for the help that already is.

First, you need to check the "Guardgroupsize" which it's 1000: that define the amount/strengh of units that will use to defend his base, now. I am guessing those Atreides recieves units via script, right? because they don't have money.

If you want the Atreides to not make use units to defend his base at all, just change the GuardGroupSize value to 0. Any unit the AI recieves will be ready to attack.

"protectstreng" and "Defendstrengh" don't really affect here: those are just the % of the units used at once to do that job. For example, if you have a very big AI base being defended by 50 tanks and you have the protectstrengh value to 10, the AI don't mobilize all the 50 tanks at once when you are shooting at the enemy turret/building, you will see only 5 combat tanks going to defend (and if those died, more join).

Also, keep in mind that the "first attack building delay" has a randomized default value of 25 (defined by the line called "TimingRandomPorcentaje"). This means that the AI it's not going to attack exactly at 15500 ticks but around this number; appliying a 25% random, may be more, may be less.
With a basic calculation: 25% of 15500 it's 3875; so you can expect the Ai attacking in between ~13560 and ~17430 ticks. <-- the calculation it's a guess, from my experience I deduced the AI will attack in bewteen 12.5% early or 12.5% later; I may be wrong, but his is an approach.

There is other thing that I don't know exactly how it works or how you have it in your map.
A line that said "morale AttackBuilding": I saw Ai's that don't attack at the timer set because you are killing his allies <-- I saw Ai's stop attacking, but I never manage to replicate this in my playground-test map.
I don't know if you have any other value than 100, but if you haven't it, just place 100 just to be safe. I know for sure that with 100 the AI morale never change and attack as usuall.

So here the main solutions:
*Reduce the area guard size of that AI to a lower number or just simply to "0" if you want every single unit delivered to be used as future attacks.
*If you really want to AI to attack at 15500 ticks everysingle time, changing the "timingrandomporcentaje" to "1" will do the trick, but if don't mind to just be around that number the random just will make the maps a bit less fixed.
*And checking "Morale AttackBuilding" and setting it to 100 if it wasn't, just to be more safe.

And finally, as a recomendation for testing a bit more easy: I may suggest you to add into your maps, a reveal map event to trigger at timer =1 with a radius of 0 (the positions doesn't matter). This will reveal the whole map to you, so even if you are just "playing" your map you can spy what the AI it's doing from time to time without using debug mode.

Also, to help you track the timers you can write on the "time limit" the 15500 value, so you are more aware around which moment that AI will send the attack.

Edited by Cm_blast

On 2/16/2019 at 6:08 AM, Helkor Duner said:

211609004_(228).thumb.png.0287943a551f2b1e5fe6883aa054b4bc.png

3.jpg

Interesting 😮 Something I just noticed now, you don't put Thick Spice tiles around your Spice blooms :P

For the record, Spice bloom tiles can't be harvested (so they don't spawn) until all the nearby Thick Spice tiles are gone, so if you want Spice blooms to appear sooner, this is a good thing for the map. Nothing important or relevant, just thought I'd acknowledge that.

As Cm recommended, those three solutions:

On 2/16/2019 at 7:27 AM, Cm_blast said:

*Reduce the area guard size of that AI to a lower number or just simply to "0" if you want every single unit delivered to be used as future attacks.
*If you really want to AI to attack at 15500 ticks everysingle time, changing the "timingrandomporcentaje" to "1" will do the trick, but if don't mind to just be around that number the random just will make the maps a bit less fixed.
*And checking "Morale AttackBuilding" and setting it to 100 if it wasn't, just to be more safe.

Should fix the problem entirely. My biggest AIs usually only have a guard group size of around... 40, and for weaker AIs, 30 or 20. That seems to do just fine.

I've been going back through my OG smugglers campaign and tuning up the AI and stuff. If you want some examples of fierce AIs to go off of, I'll send you the maps re-done thus far (S01V1 through S06V2)! It'd require modded files to play, but can always look in the editor at what the AI does. I've got stuff building up from just an MCV in a specific order, UnitBuildPriority tricks, designated defense areas, and more.

Hope that helps!

Edited by Fey

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2019 at 3:27 PM, Cm_blast said:

First, you need to check the "Guardgroupsize" which it's 1000: that define the amount/strengh of units that will use to defend his base, now. I am guessing those Atreides recieves units via script, right? because they don't have money.

If you want the Atreides to not make use units to defend his base at all, just change the GuardGroupSize value to 0. Any unit the AI recieves will be ready to attack.

"protectstreng" and "Defendstrengh" don't really affect here: those are just the % of the units used at once to do that job. For example, if you have a very big AI base being defended by 50 tanks and you have the protectstrengh value to 10, the AI don't mobilize all the 50 tanks at once when you are shooting at the enemy turret/building, you will see only 5 combat tanks going to defend (and if those died, more join).

Also, keep in mind that the "first attack building delay" has a randomized default value of 25 (defined by the line called "TimingRandomPorcentaje"). This means that the AI it's not going to attack exactly at 15500 ticks but around this number; appliying a 25% random, may be more, may be less.
With a basic calculation: 25% of 15500 it's 3875; so you can expect the Ai attacking in between ~13560 and ~17430 ticks. <-- the calculation it's a guess, from my experience I deduced the AI will attack in bewteen 12.5% early or 12.5% later; I may be wrong, but his is an approach.

There is other thing that I don't know exactly how it works or how you have it in your map.
A line that said "morale AttackBuilding": I saw Ai's that don't attack at the timer set because you are killing his allies <-- I saw Ai's stop attacking, but I never manage to replicate this in my playground-test map.
I don't know if you have any other value than 100, but if you haven't it, just place 100 just to be safe. I know for sure that with 100 the AI morale never change and attack as usuall.

And finally, as a recomendation for testing a bit more easy: I may suggest you to add into your maps, a reveal map event to trigger at timer =1 with a radius of 0 (the positions doesn't matter). This will reveal the whole map to you, so even if you are just "playing" your map you can spy what the AI it's doing from time to time without using debug mode.

Also, to help you track the timers you can write on the "time limit" the 15500 value, so you are more aware around which moment that AI will send the attack.

On 2/17/2019 at 3:41 AM, Fey said:

Interesting 😮 Something I just noticed now, you don't put Thick Spice tiles around your Spice blooms :P

For the record, Spice bloom tiles can't be harvested (so they don't spawn) until all the nearby Thick Spice tiles are gone, so if you want Spice blooms to appear sooner, this is a good thing for the map. Nothing important or relevant, just thought I'd acknowledge that.

As Cm recommended, those three solutions:

Should fix the problem entirely. My biggest AIs usually only have a guard group size of around... 40, and for weaker AIs, 30 or 20. That seems to do just fine.

I've been going back through my OG smugglers campaign and tuning up the AI and stuff. If you want some examples of fierce AIs to go off of, I'll send you the maps re-done thus far (S01V1 through S06V2)! It'd require modded files to play, but can always look in the editor at what the AI does. I've got stuff building up from just an MCV in a specific order, UnitBuildPriority tricks, designated defense areas, and more.

Hope that helps!

Sorry for the long answer. Could not answer before. Thanks for the help. Where can I read about how conditions interval and casualties work? I can't understand how they work

18 minutes ago, Helkor Duner said:

Sorry for the long answer. Could not answer before. Thanks for the help. Where can I read about how conditions interval and casualties work? I can't understand how they work

Hey, nice timing. I just got on. :P

Intervals are timers measured in tics. 25 tics = 1 second in in-game time, 1500 tics = 1 minute. What differs intervals from timers is this:
 - You can specify how many times you want the event tied to an interval to run.
 - It has different timers for initial trigger and repeated triggers.

So, let's say you want to have reinforcements show up for the player at 5 and 8 minutes in, and that's that. The interval would have:
 - 7500 Start Delay
 - 4500 Interval
 - 2 Run Count

Reinforcements will show up at 7500 tics, then another 4500 tics later, and then never again.

Casualties are kind of weird, but they work around proportions. You've got a threshold and proportion, and what they do is this:
 - Thresholds are how many units, minimum, need to be lost for the faction this is for.
 - Proportions are a ratio of how many units are killed compared to how many units are lost.

So let's say you don't care about the proportion and simply want to make it so that "when 10 units are lost, my event will trigger." Here's what ya'd do:
 - Set the threshold to 9. It will trigger when units lost surpasses the threshold.
 - Set the proportion to 0.001. This is failproof as the side would need to kill 1,000 units for every 1 lost to make the event not work.

And there you go.

Now, just as a good final example, let's say you want the player to be doing really well against an AI enemy for them to receive infinite reinforcements, you want the first reinforcements to arrive no sooner than 10 minutes in, and it's on an interval for every minute. Here's how we'd set that up:
 - Create an interval with start delay 15000 (ten minutes), interval 1500 (one minute), and a run count of 99999.
 - Create a casualties event with a threshold of 49 and a proportion of 1.100.
 - Add a reinforcement event giving the AI one Combat Tank using both of the above conditions.

Once that's done, the player will need to kill 11 units for every 10 lost AND 50 of the AI's units will need to die before the casualties condition is met. If that's done, then one Combat Tank will arrive every miunte (at 10 minutes and on) for that AI. Should the player lose enough units compared to the AI, the casualties condition will no longer be met and the Combat Tanks will stop coming.

Hope that helps!

53 minutes ago, Fey said:

Hey, nice timing. I just got on. :P

Intervals are timers measured in tics. 25 tics = 1 second in in-game time, 1500 tics = 1 minute. What differs intervals from timers is this:
 - You can specify how many times you want the event tied to an interval to run.
 - It has different timers for initial trigger and repeated triggers.

So, let's say you want to have reinforcements show up for the player at 5 and 8 minutes in, and that's that. The interval would have:
 - 7500 Start Delay
 - 4500 Interval
 - 2 Run Count

Reinforcements will show up at 7500 tics, then another 4500 tics later, and then never again.

Casualties are kind of weird, but they work around proportions. You've got a threshold and proportion, and what they do is this:
 - Thresholds are how many units, minimum, need to be lost for the faction this is for.
 - Proportions are a ratio of how many units are killed compared to how many units are lost.

So let's say you don't care about the proportion and simply want to make it so that "when 10 units are lost, my event will trigger." Here's what ya'd do:
 - Set the threshold to 9. It will trigger when units lost surpasses the threshold.
 - Set the proportion to 0.001. This is failproof as the side would need to kill 1,000 units for every 1 lost to make the event not work.

And there you go.

Now, just as a good final example, let's say you want the player to be doing really well against an AI enemy for them to receive infinite reinforcements, you want the first reinforcements to arrive no sooner than 10 minutes in, and it's on an interval for every minute. Here's how we'd set that up:
 - Create an interval with start delay 15000 (ten minutes), interval 1500 (one minute), and a run count of 99999.
 - Create a casualties event with a threshold of 49 and a proportion of 1.100.
 - Add a reinforcement event giving the AI one Combat Tank using both of the above conditions.

Once that's done, the player will need to kill 11 units for every 10 lost AND 50 of the AI's units will need to die before the casualties condition is met. If that's done, then one Combat Tank will arrive every miunte (at 10 minutes and on) for that AI. Should the player lose enough units compared to the AI, the casualties condition will no longer be met and the Combat Tanks will stop coming.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the help, now I finally figured out all the conditions.  By the way, I really needed orders with the condition “more n-tics” and “each n-tics”, the intervals will help me with this.

Edited by Helkor Duner

1 hour ago, Helkor Duner said:

Thanks for the help, now I finally figured out all the conditions.  By the way, I really needed orders with the condition “more n-tics” and “each n-tics”, the intervals will help me with this.

Any time. :D Say, you plan to release any maps soon? Always interested in checking out new stuff, although I can be slow at actually getting around to it. lol

1 hour ago, Fey said:

Any time. :D Say, you plan to release any maps soon? Always interested in checking out new stuff, although I can be slow at actually getting around to it. lol

I have been working with this maps for now.) I can post multiplayer maps, which I did if you're interested (here’s one of them, for example - this video.) Can you explain to me how to publish my on the forum? (in which section, create topics, etc.)

As for the same mission - unfortunately, the problem remained, and not even a single tip helped. All the settings of AI are quite standard, but for some reason there are no attacks, even if I played 30,000 ticks. I do not want you to make a map for me, but you could see a screenshot - maybe you will find something. Thanks.

Снимок экрана (281).png

Edited by Helkor Duner

28 minutes ago, Helkor Duner said:

I have been working with this maps for now.) I can post multiplayer maps, which I did if you're interested (here’s one of them, for example - this video.) Can you explain to me how to publish my on the forum? (in which section, create topics, etc.)

As for the same mission - unfortunately, the problem remained, and not even a single tip helped. All the settings of AI are quite standard, but for some reason there are no attacks, even if I played 30,000 ticks. I do not want you to make a map for me, but you could see a screenshot - maybe you will find something. Thanks.

Снимок экрана (281).png

Nice music in that vid. :P Something to note: Spice Blooms will actually stop working past 32 on a map, so you'd need to drop that number from 45 in the MP map or a whole bunch of 'em ain't gonna do anything. Also, you use the preset selector for the Dunes? I can hardly see the borders, so I just use auto-complete for dunes. o_O

I do see a couple of things. I see side 0 has AI enabled, upgrades enabled, and 1 credit. The AI will not wait to use upgrades, so it's a good idea to give them more than enough cash to complete all their upgrades from the start of the map or they might wind up with one of the upgrades "on hold." They'll never restart the upgrade if that happens.

I suppose you could also reduce the guard group size. That might help too.

Finally, attack building delays need to have 00 on the end or they glitch up. At least, that's what Cm and I have found. We don't really know why that's the case, but try making the first attack building delay 100 instead of 1 and maybe things will be fixed. If you want them to attack with their starting units, you'll need to set the "FreePercentage" to 100 too. If you want the pre-placed units to stay where they are on guard mode, spawn in a bunch of units with an event at 1 tic as "Free" units and they should join in the attack at 100 tics in.

About publishing maps, I've always made WIP threads for campaigns in progress and release threads for finished stuff. No one's complained to me that I'm in the wrong section or something, so I'd recommend just making a release thread. You can zip up your maps, attach them to your post, and then add the attachment for download. I doubt there'd be a different section for MP, so right here should be fine: https://forum.dune2k.com/forum/11-dune-2000/

Hope that helps. :D

Edited by Fey

4 hours ago, Fey said:

Nice music in that vid. :P Something to note: Spice Blooms will actually stop working past 32 on a map, so you'd need to drop that number from 45 in the MP map or a whole bunch of 'em ain't gonna do anything. Also, you use the preset selector for the Dunes? I can hardly see the borders, so I just use auto-complete for dunes. o_O

I do see a couple of things. I see side 0 has AI enabled, upgrades enabled, and 1 credit. The AI will not wait to use upgrades, so it's a good idea to give them more than enough cash to complete all their upgrades from the start of the map or they might wind up with one of the upgrades "on hold." They'll never restart the upgrade if that happens.

Finally, attack building delays need to have 00 on the end or they glitch up. At least, that's what Cm and I have found. We don't really know why that's the case, but try making the first attack building delay 100 instead of 1 and maybe things will be fixed. If you want them to attack with their starting units, you'll need to set the "FreePercentage" to 100 too. If you want the pre-placed units to stay where they are on guard mode, spawn in a bunch of units with an event at 1 tic as "Free" units and they should join in the attack at 100 tics in.

About publishing maps, I've always made WIP threads for campaigns in progress and release threads for finished stuff. No one's complained to me that I'm in the wrong section or something, so I'd recommend just making a release thread. You can zip up your maps, attach them to your post, and then add the attachment for download. I doubt there'd be a different section for MP, so right here should be fine: https://forum.dune2k.com/forum/11-dune-2000/

Only tomorrow I will look in the editor, thanks.

As for the map, or rather the dunes, I don’t see them, I just remember how they should be attached to each other. But I did not understand what kind of auto-complete you are talking about, is there such a function in the editor? apparently I did not know much

4 hours ago, Fey said:

4.thumb.jpg.49087e3b83669c951a7f4b89c56452f6.jpg

Also about the atreides. They have nothing but starport. I did this so that they did not order anything and were not dependent on the rest of the base. Therefore, they have no money, and orders come through events, as the Cm_blast has guessed.
And the settings of AI, like upgrates, I just copied from others - but if they somehow interfere, I'll remove them

8 hours ago, Helkor Duner said:

By the way, the % on the timers means "loop", the interval will allow you to do the example Fey said, but if you just want a "every X amount of min, trigger" a simple %timer do the job. Also, you can combine two %timer conditions for the same event.

For example, let's say I want to spawn a Fremen from the sietch, so I create an event to trigger a "unit spawn" with 1 Fremen every 700% ticks. On another part of the map there is another sietch and another fremen, I set it to loop of %900 ticks.

Later I want to make a starport delivery for the Atreides, I cannot add a %6.500 ticks because I have all the room filled with other stuff, but you can set that starport delivery with both %700 and %900; with those together, the event will trigger every "6300" ticks; not exactly the 6.500 I wanted but close enough.

Just to point that the game even admit this.

4 hours ago, Helkor Duner said:

- this video.) Can

By the way; just want to point, in case you are interested, that the keys on your keyboard will call for 1 specific part of the tileset, don't need to open everytime you want to change. With the middle buttom appears the letters attached.

At first take some time to learn, but overall the "1" has the top-left corner, the "0" the top-right one, "z" bottom-left and so on.

If a variation exist, like a top looking rift (no corners or twists) by pressing the same key several times it changes. I usually only open for the "half rift/half sand" and the special rocks/sands (because those changes from tileset to tileset), but the others are always the same.

4 hours ago, Fey said:

Two things I saw; the first; you have a "first attack building delay" to 1; place 500 at least. just in case; the Ai usually takes a few ticks to "fully activate"; for example, if 1 AI building it's on sand and you attack it, it begins to repair almost instactly, but if you press "test" and do this as quick as you can, the AI takes a few seconds to start doing AI things.

The map with my fastest "first attack" it's 500, do that; the AI won't attack because don't have units at that moment.

About the attack building strengh value; well, I never tried to place any other number that it's not "X0" or "X5"; you know, 100, 90, 50, 65, 85... etc; maybe has nothing to do with the problem, but if you want to be 100% sure I could suggest a simple 100 for attack strengh and 10 for both defense and defend strenghs; you won't notice barely anything, and with 100 all the units ready to attack will go (with 90 te AI will send everything or just leaving behind 1-2 units, at most).

11 minutes ago, Helkor Duner said:

As for the map, or rather the dunes, I don’t see them, I just remember how they should be attached to each other. But I did not understand what kind of auto-complete you are talking about, is there such a function in the editor? apparently I did not know much

I said it before; but I write again just for Fey.
using the keyboard it's the key!!! literally; I just press the keys and don't even open the tileset; just using the keyboards in the order and it's done.

5 minutes ago, Helkor Duner said:

Also about the atreides. They have nothing but starport. I did this so that they did not order anything and were not dependent on the rest of the base. Therefore, they have no money, and orders come through events, as the Cm_blast has guessed.
And the settings of AI, like upgrates, I just copied from others - but if they somehow interfere, I'll remove them

In the AI Tab (for Atreides) if they have the "buy units" to 0 they won't buy anything; that way you can give to them 1000 initial credits just to use them to repair the starport if damage, 1000 it's enough to repair that building a few times.

14 minutes ago, Helkor Duner said:

Only tomorrow I will look in the editor, thanks.

Indeed! Paint a bunch of dunes, then hold ctrl + shift and click them. This will paint the borders for you.

I do the borders of rock and stuff manually, but for dunes it's really helpful because they're so hard to see. You need 2x2 at least for borders to complete properly, so you can't make things 1 tile thin anywhere or it won't work.

5 minutes ago, Helkor Duner said:

Oh, that shouldn't interfere then. Might want to set them to not buy units though. They can't because of the lack of credits, but you could give them credits to repair the building with and they won't buy anything if you set BuyUnits to 0. Like Cm said. :P

17 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

By the way, the % on the timers means "loop", the interval will allow you to do the example Fey said, but if you just want a "every X amount of min, trigger" a simple %timer do the job. Also, you can combine two %timer conditions for the same event.

For example, let's say I want to spawn a Fremen from the sietch, so I create an event to trigger a "unit spawn" with 1 Fremen every 700% ticks. On another part of the map there is another sietch and another fremen, I set it to loop of %900 ticks.

Later I want to make a starport delivery for the Atreides, I cannot add a %6.500 ticks because I have all the room filled with other stuff, but you can set that starport delivery with both %700 and %900; with those together, the event will trigger every "6300" ticks; not exactly the 6.500 I wanted but close enough.

Just to point that the game even admit this.

By the way; just want to point, in case you are interested, that the keys on your keyboard will call for 1 specific part of the tileset, don't need to open everytime you want to change. With the middle buttom appears the letters attached.

At first take some time to learn, but overall the "1" has the top-left corner, the "0" the top-right one, "z" bottom-left and so on.

If a variation exist, like a top looking rift (no corners or twists) by pressing the same key several times it changes. I usually only open for the "half rift/half sand" and the special rocks/sands (because those changes from tileset to tileset), but the others are always the same.

Two things I saw; the first; you have a "first attack building delay" to 1; place 500 at least. just in case; the Ai usually takes a few ticks to "fully activate"; for example, if 1 AI building it's on sand and you attack it, it begins to repair almost instactly, but if you press "test" and do this as quick as you can, the AI takes a few seconds to start doing AI things.

The map with my fastest "first attack" it's 500, do that; the AI won't attack because don't have units at that moment.

About the attack building strengh value; well, I never tried to place any other number that it's not "X0" or "X5"; you know, 100, 90, 50, 65, 85... etc; maybe has nothing to do with the problem, but if you want to be 100% sure I could suggest a simple 100 for attack strengh and 10 for both defense and defend strenghs; you won't notice barely anything, and with 100 all the units ready to attack will go (with 90 te AI will send everything or just leaving behind 1-2 units, at most).

I said it before; but I write again just for Fey.
using the keyboard it's the key!!! literally; I just press the keys and don't even open the tileset; just using the keyboards in the order and it's done.

Yes thank you. Actually, of course, I know about cyclic timers (%) - but in my case for the event I need to add two conditions - % and > . And the interval helped me limit one. This is important because I already had 47 busy conditions, I even had to delete something.

And as for the hot keys for different tiles - I just haven't got enough of it yet to quickly use the tiles on the keyboard. So for now, I put tiles like that.

Снимок экрана (283).png

Edited by Helkor Duner

2 hours ago, Helkor Duner said:

Yes thank you. Actually, of course, I know about cyclic timers (%) - but in my case for the event I need to add two conditions - % and > . And the interval helped me limit one. This is important because I already had 47 busy conditions, I even had to delete something.

Tons of deliveries there xD.

Well, you can ask to myself and Fey; we both reach the event limits too often :P.

But, for example, the "starport building exist" it's not 100% needed always; I can't tell just for that imagen since there are flags and other kind of stuff, but a simple condition set like this
"Starport deliverie: Atreides side =X Units = %5000" it's enough.

If the starport exist the deliverie goes, if the starport doesn't exist then there isn't any delivered; so if you only need a delivery to trigger % ticks (and no other check), you don't need to the game to ask for the building.

I never find a game crashing because of that, and I have maps with 7 players (including human) that gets deliveries on loops.

And by the way; It took me plenty of maps before realize that the "tile reveal" don't need a 1 time only flag.

If you set a reveal map on the position X,Y and attach a message "you reached X,Y!" that's enough; the tile reveal event has a "unknown" this set how many times the thing triggers or happens or anything.

It's not bad doing it with flags, but if you need room you can clean for that part (try it yourself; remove the flag part of the conditon, just leave message "great, power station" attached to a reveal map and nothing more, place a trike/tank a few tiles away and press the test buttom so you reach that tile in just two seconds; you will read the "great, power station!" text only once.

Later you can use the "reload map" to recover the previous state in case you want.

In fact, early you have a "starport deliverie" with a "tile reveal" and nothing more, so you can do the same for your message; you will win at least 1 spot to other event.

Ps: Dunno it has anything to do with your map or not, but you can set a timer to appear on the main "mission settings (F10)" menu, were appear the line "time limit"; you can place there 21500 instead using a script to show the same timer, just to let you know to have 1 spot more if you want to add anything else.

Edited by Cm_blast