Map editor: problem with auto-ally

Helkor Duner

Hey. I want to make a version of the map 2p vs 6ai. First, I just set up diplomacy - but when playing with bots it does not work, when playing with players - OOS. But when I launch, for example, Habanya 2p on the same version, everything is fine. Then I started to just copy the settings of this map, but even this did not help - OOS and commands are not assigned.

Снимок экрана (208).png

I am assuming that you have the .mis file generated together with the .map file, right?
Task for partnes.map
_Task for partnes.mis (may be written in uppercase).

If not, both have to be there, and if yes; dunno, I have no really idea about coop maps, so I can only point to look into preexisted coop maps, like the several X vs Y AIs maps present that maybe can tell you a hint or 1 step you forgot.

I don't think it really affect, but place a tech 1 for everybody and some credits. The online menu has priority so doesn't really matter, but better safe than sorry (tech 0 and credits 0 crash any campaign type of mission).

7 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

I am assuming that you have the .mis file generated together with the .map file, right?
Task for partnes.map
_Task for partnes.mis (may be written in uppercase).

If not, both have to be there, and if yes; dunno, I have no really idea about coop maps, so I can only point to look into preexisted coop maps, like the several X vs Y AIs maps present that maybe can tell you a hint or 1 step you forgot.

I don't think it really affect, but place a tech 1 for everybody and some credits. The online menu has priority so doesn't really matter, but better safe than sorry (tech 0 and credits 0 crash any campaign type of mission).

Thanks for the answer. there is a file, that's right. Technology and coins 0 I put up just because it was in other maps with auto-ally. Without this, too, did not work.

On 2/6/2019 at 12:13 AM, Helkor Duner said:

Thanks for the answer. there is a file, that's right. Technology and coins 0 I put up just because it was in other maps with auto-ally. Without this, too, did not work.

Did you make use of a .ini file also? 

You were using the vanilla game if I remember, maybe not even the extra online tool it's able to properly set up alliances?

Back In time I remember playing the vanilla game with somebody, using Hamachi and applying a file that change the game to force an alliance of 2 vs 4 or 3 vs 3. This worked fine except if we used the wrong .exe, because the game reuploaded/overwrite that modded file (prac.mis, I think it was) and rever the game to the "battle royal" estate.

Later I used the online tool (still not gruntmods) and I remember picking a few of my early or Feda campaigns, doing the swap to make Atreides and Hark for player 1 and 2, set them as allies and play with my friend those maps fine; even although the AI was bad and continue to produce MCVs for no reason, but the map was playable with alliances with no problems.

I just realize; did you add 8 starting positions on your map? that's a must for any multiplayer map.

Later on the .ini there is a line to disable the initial MVC given and to remove any initial units too, so you can have you and your human ally to appear at the place youwant without disrupting the map due a own/enemy MCV/units showing in the wrong place.

Edited by Cm_blast