Scenario Editor Help Needed

OK, I'm trying to tweak a couple of things that annoy me in a map (not yours, Jeffrey, haven't found my platinum disk yet), but I can't figure out how to do some things. Obviously there must be some way to set up a computer company, but I can't figure out how. There seems to be no way to modify an existing computer company, and no way to have a computer player start a new company. It seems, even in the editor, the only thing you can effect is Player 0.

So how do I edit or modify the other players or their companies?

In the lower center of screen is the "list box". The most common use in a real game is probably for the train list. There is a list of players too. When in the editor, there is a special button on the end of the player list "<<switch control to the next player>>". You can tell which player you are controlling by the green outline around him.

Thank you. That's enabled me to play around with the scenario a little more, and attempt to get it a little more to my liking.

(It's not as much fun in When the Walls Come Down, if all three other players build their railroads in Poland, and that keeps happening to me again and again.)

• 2 years later...

I'm currently deriving a "CalTrain" map from the "Amtrak West" map to solve a cargo problem in my modded EXE. I want to make it more historical (of course), so I want to build a couple freight companies' pre-existing track. Unfortunately, I'm up against this starting a company problem. I can switch among players, and I have already removed all stock and company restrictions (for the moment), but I still can't find a place to click to start a company.

EDIT: Today it finally showed up in the company list box under the original pre-existing company. Maybe because it's a new day and I had reloaded the game and map? Interestingly, passengers had been missing from houses, which I had modded to be affected by diesel after 1958. When I activated refineries (a diesel producer), the passengers were displayed again. Apparently the game really is that sensitive to cargo dependencies even if it's just a booster, not a factory input.

Edited by jeffryfisher
Update