Very fast animation

Helkor Duner

Hello! I hope there are still people who will help me, because I do not know what will help me. I have Windows 10, but since there also did not work, I put windows XP on virtual box. Thinking that I would finally be able to play the game of childhood, I launched Dune 2000. First, I have only a small window in the center of the screen with the game. This is only one problem - the main problem is that even in the main menu, the mouse moves with low FPS. When I start to play the company, on the minimap the sectors of the houses appear at once by 3 and not simultaneously with the voice acting. Pressing buttons, sounds either do not play at all, or play with a delay. The gameplay itself is unplayable. Everything is very sharp and jerky. When I begin to create a building, the scale gradually comes on for a second, further braking, and so on all the time. Further, for the sake of experiment, I set the speed to the highest ... I wish I didn’t do it. I remember very well what the maximum speed should be, but when I set it up, the combine reaches the spice in a second and comes back, by the way, I won the first level somewhere in 10 seconds. Statistics also accumulated in spurts and instantly. All that I described above, you can look at the video. Tried to run in 480p, run in compatibility mode for old windows - nothing helped. The drivers also tried to update, does not help. Put the 9th directx, does not help. Configuration: 1920x1080 60hz. I 8700, 16gb ddr4, 500gb ssd, integrated graphics. HELP

Edited by Helkor Duner

Dune 2000 should work on Windows 10. Did you already try this version: https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26661-dune-2000-106p-game-patching-bug-fixes-new-features/

You need to replace the dune2000.exe file with the one in the topic above. You can also try the dune2000config.exe tool (put it same folder as dune2000.exe) to change resolution and set max fps. No... latest version of tool you cannot change that, but perhaps it set standard at max 60fps.

Edited by D2k Sardaukar
  • Upvote 1

On 1/3/2019 at 9:56 PM, D2k Sardaukar said:

Dune 2000 should work on Windows 10. Did you already try this version: https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26661-dune-2000-106p-game-patching-bug-fixes-new-features/

You need to replace the dune2000.exe file with the one in the topic above. You can also try the dune2000config.exe tool (put it same folder as dune2000.exe) to change resolution and set max fps. No... latest version of tool you cannot change that, but perhaps it set standard at max 60fps.

Thank you so much! Now I have a dune earned on Windows 10 without lags. The only problem arose with DuneConfig. Everything can be seen on the video. Changed settings does not help.

Edited by Helkor Duner

6 hours ago, Helkor Duner said:

Thank you so much! Now I have a dune earned on Windows 10 without lags. The only problem arose with DuneConfig. Everything can be seen on the video. Changed settings does not help. https://youtu.be/WU6bxnCXgv0

No problem. The 'stuck' menu image is also on my pc. On larger maps this is not a problem.

I will post your video in the 106p-game-patching-topic. Maybe the creator, Funkyfresh, knows how to fix it.

11 hours ago, Helkor Duner said:

Thank you so much! Now I have a dune earned on Windows 10 without lags. The only problem arose with DuneConfig. Everything can be seen on the video. Changed settings does not help.

I have some problems with the most recent config too, although I am playing with low resolutions.

Anyway; maybe you can try this other version, it's from 2016 and have a few more/different options; may worth a try.

Unzip the file and move it into the folder, it has a different name so maybe you need to rename to just dune2000config (dunno if executing this one the game reconice it well).

Just in case keep the most current version, but may worth a try if this one fix you problem.

Edited by Cm_blast

2 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

I have some problems with the most recent config too, although I am playing with low resolutions.

Anyway; maybe you can try this other version, it's from 2016 and have a few more/different options; may worth a try.

Unzip the file and move it into the folder, it has a different name so maybe you need to rename to just dune2000config (dunno if executing this one the game reconice it well).

Just in case keep the most current version, but may worth a try if this one fix you problem.

I tried it, but it works only worse.( The map still does not work, but the animation began to twitch, as if there were no configs at all. Apparently the company will have to pass on a blurred screen(

Edited by Helkor Duner