How to edit Briefing?

MattBaker

39 minutes ago, MattBaker said:

Does someone know how to edit the Briefing of every mission?  Thanks. I finished a couple of missions but don't know how to type in the briefing. 

Thanks!

In the "mission settings" (F10) windown, to the left there is a line "use .ini file for additional mission settings"; mark that and that's it, you can write your own briefings, giving the map a name and more.

10 hours ago, MattBaker said:

Does someone know how to edit the Briefing of every mission?  Thanks. I finished a couple of missions but don't know how to type in the briefing.

Thanks!

As Cm_blast said, enabling the .ini file for additional mission settings allows for a custom briefing to be written, which shows up in the Mission Launcher when the map is selected. And, I believe adding an asterisk* to the 'music' section of the .ini causes a random track to play on mission start.

It's great seeing other modders around! Please do make a work-in-progress thread at your convenience for your campaign, or a release thread if you plan to simply release what you've got. Others can check out the maps and give you feedback, allowing you to hone your craft and improve! :)

On 12/4/2018 at 6:40 AM, Fey said:

As Cm_blast said, enabling the .ini file for additional mission settings allows for a custom briefing to be written, which shows up in the Mission Launcher when the map is selected. And, I believe adding an asterisk* to the 'music' section of the .ini causes a random track to play on mission start.

It's great seeing other modders around! Please do make a work-in-progress thread at your convenience for your campaign, or a release thread if you plan to simply release what you've got. Others can check out the maps and give you feedback, allowing you to hone your craft and improve! :)

Oh, yes I found it! But I'm still use the previous version. I use the mission selector panel in D2k, so I need to add a Mission Launcher in it... Guess I have more work to do:happy:

Dune2000 is the FIRST computer game I played, in 1998. I really love it! Glad to see others players still playing this game!

On 12/3/2018 at 9:14 PM, Cm_blast said:

In the "mission settings" (F10) windown, to the left there is a line "use .ini file for additional mission settings"; mark that and that's it, you can write your own briefings, giving the map a name and more.

Thanks bro!  I use the mission selector panel in D2k, so I need to add a Mission Launcher in it... Guess I have more work to do:happy: