Dune 2k Gruntmods, Campaign + Mission launcher failing to start mission

Breitling

Good day all. 

To me and my mother the following issue happens to our Dune 2000 Gruntmods Edition clients - opening the Gruntmods launcher works, so does multiplayer of any sort. However, trying to open a mission in the Mission Select launcher or the campaign mode as a whole leads to it attempting to load (screen goes black for loading) and then it closes immediately with no error message of any sort, back to square 1.

Folders are excepted for Firewall etc
Version 1.6.2.3, including most recent hotfix
Windows 10 64-bit
GPUs: AMD R7 240, Geforce GT 520, both functional for literally everything else
No compatibility modes enabled

What to do, what to do...

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2020 at 12:05 AM, Pit said:

Dear all,

Same issue here. No way to go into any kind of single player game anymore, while it was perfectly working because talest Windows 10 (2004) update.

Any hints?

Thank you!

Pit

Try it with the latest version of dune2000.exe from here http://downloads.cncnet.org/Games/Dune2000/dune2000.exe

And also get the latest cnc-ddraw from here: https://github.com/CnCNet/cnc-ddraw/releases

Edited by FunkyFr3sh

I have the same issue with Windows 10 and tried the suggested solution. Nothing works and the game makes my computer freeze completely so I have to make a hard reset. I’ve checked every setting and compatibility turned off and nothing works.

I have read that others have similar issue and some haven’t found a solution to this yet.