New GruntMods Edition Installer Available (1.6.2.3)

Gruntlord6

You may have thought I died, but I'm still alive and kicking! (Just very tied down by real life.)

There is a new version of the game installer available. The changes include:

• Support for installing the cutscenes in the additional languages of French, German and Italian
  • Support for installing when the existing version is already installed (Although it is highly recommended you uninstall any existing versions)
  • Fixed the issue with the English cutscenes not downloading correctly

Please note, the launcher has not been updated as I’m still working on reprogramming it with lots of new features. As such the update functionality will not work at this time. If you want to install this version please use the full installer.

You can download the installer form the download page: https://gruntmods.com/dune_2000_gruntmods_edition/

Edited by Gruntlord6
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Gruntlord6 said:

You may have thought I died, but I'm still alive and kicking! (Just very tied down by real life.)

There is a new version of the game installer available. The changes include:

• Support for installing the cutscenes in the additional languages of French, German and Italian
  • Support for installing when the existing version is already installed (Although it is highly recommended you uninstall any existing versions)
  • Fixed the issue with the English cutscenes not downloading correctly

Please note, the launcher has not been updated as I’m still working on reprogramming it with lots of new features. As such the update functionality will not work at this time. If you want to install this version please use the full installer.

You can download the installer form the download page: https://gruntmods.com/dune_2000_gruntmods_edition/

Oh snap! Look who's still kicking!

Hey mate. Thanks for the update. :D

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 9:04 PM, Gruntlord6 said:

By the way; I think it's the time to recover the vanilla initial dune 2000 maps: A1v1, A1v2, A2v1, etc... the two early missions and version from the game.

I know that they got expanded because an error with the high-res path with small maps long time ago, but seems that it's no longer a problem: I just tried it right now.
https://prnt.sc/ljhzh3

That's how it looks the first Atreides mission, at the maximum resolution possible and all the map explored. this was done copying the vanillla for a portable version I have over here and copy both .map and .mis on the gruntmods mission folder.

So, I am playing the original map (not the expanded) as you can see how the map goes to a corner (the expanded would have a black area around).

I don't know if would be another errors dependinf of the resolution of the screen (apart from the resolution of the config), but if that's not a problem then it's the time to recuperate the original maps (both versions on the two first missions per house) and having them ready by the time a new gruntmods release it's done.

Edited by Cm_blast

@hasan9540  that icecheat trainer for old 1.06  dune2k should work on gruntlord..

dune2000 on 4k monitor with largest map possible  does not appear to be glitchy but smaller maps yes. also if you start bulding and you  right click on any other bulding  once  it completes you cant put it again [known old bug]...........another  fun behavior happens if you select bulding [ready to place] and you  quickly move your mouse and release the left button,sometimes bulding gets catapulted 1 or 2 cells away from base. ........ also there is issue with dune2k  while playing eve-online game,sometimes it cause  the eve-online client to crash into taskbar and could not be recoverd even from taskmanager panel i tried to maximize the game window from there but all got was grey screen and had to close the eve client,it happens only with d2k running at full screen and i alt tab to that other game.

1 hour ago, Nuclear_harvester said:

dune2000 on 4k monitor with largest map possible  does not appear to be glitchy but smaller maps yes

Oh, I didn't know that. Nevermind, then.

At least I will place here a reminder about the problem that people are having with this lastest update: missing files during instalaction. People mostly is reporting "BLOX<something>.r16 missing file" type of error.

Edited by Cm_blast