Emperor suddenly stopped working!

Brummy...

Hi there,

I've had the game for years and years, and it always worked fine on my laptop, but when i picked it up for the first time in almost 2 years, after I finally found the old disks again, it just wont work. I bought new disks thinking that my old ones were just too scratched or something and it still wouldn't run. So I then tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it wont even run to reinstall. I'm not great with computers but have been spending alot of time recently on forums trying to get my old favourite (Emperor: battle for dune) working on my laptop and I can't seem to find a fix that works. I don't even know why it stopped working in the first place. 

I'm really hoping someone can help me  because it's very rare that I find a game that I love this much. If you need info about my laptop to help then let me know and i'll reply asap, thank you!

Double posting.

I remember recently trying to run GTA SA and it didn't run at all.
Turns out it was something else that, more or less, had nothing to do with the game (it was the save file, of all things).

Your case might be similar in that it's not the game itself.

It may be all maps are corrupt, or the settings (which you'll find in the registry, so maybe you need to run Emperor as admin?).

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Emperor:_Battle_for_Dune

On 8/21/2018 at 7:10 PM, TAK02 said:

I think there was something about the Emperor installers not working when Win10 is involved...

http://dune2k.com/Duniverse/Games/Emperor/Downloads/Patches

Look for the install fix.

Oh wait, Emperor installs, but won't run?

...try the link above, maybe something went wrong with the installation, hence why it doesn't work?

Hey thanks but my laptop is Windows 7 not Windows 10. And after I uninstalled, I tried to reinstall and it won't work for me (so it's not installed on my laptop, that's the main problem at the moment). If you think the link might still work for me, i'm happy to have a go at it. Although I do think i've tried a patch before..

I've also tried running it as admin multiple times and nothing seems to change. 

Edited by Brummy...
Forgot to add a reply for the second message

On 8/21/2018 at 7:10 PM, TAK02 said:

I think there was something about the Emperor installers not working when Win10 is involved...

http://dune2k.com/Duniverse/Games/Emperor/Downloads/Patches

Look for the install fix.

Oh wait, Emperor installs, but won't run?

...try the link above, maybe something went wrong with the installation, hence why it doesn't work?

Thank you SO SO much TAK02!! It actually installed this time and it looks like its running smoothly. I have tried a method almost identical to the one on the link you provided before, however it was a different website and the files did not work. This time with yours it worked perfectly and has installed on my laptop. Fingers crossed I won't have any trouble when playing it. 
Thanks again, you've made my week! :D

7 hours ago, TAK02 said:

I remember recently trying to run GTA SA and it didn't run at all.

Turns out it was something else that, more or less, had nothing to do with the game (it was the save file, of all things).

Your case might be similar in that it's not the game itself.

It may be all maps are corrupt, or the settings (which you'll find in the registry, so maybe you need to run Emperor as admin?).

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Emperor:_Battle_for_Dune

^^This might still be relevant should Emperor fail to run.

Tell me how things go.

Edited by TAK02

• 8 months later...

Can install client without probs, but after exit the client then it won't launch at 2nd time :/ I've tried to launch it as Win 95 & all the rest way older OS's. I always launch it as Admin. I have Win 7 X64 SP1 OS. Installed Battle for Emperor with Virtual CloneDrive 5.5.0.0 

Please Assist :)
Kindly: Fedaygin

Edited by Fedaygin
Added details.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
On 10/1/2019 at 3:40 PM, TAK02 said:

Virtual CloneDrive 5.5.0.0 

Try without it, if you can...

Howdies. Here's very late reply ^^ Gonna try with Win10's own 'Mount' feature now that have Win10 :D Not possible without virtual stuff cause no cd / dvd drive in use on these days. As we know now they're not part of Pc tower. So if someone wants to get it then it's external via usb. Ofc as friend of nature & animals i prefer to buy games only digitally cause it's more environmental friendly way than buying retailed ver. 

Remember everyone to send message to Brian Herbert & WB about giving some slack to strict licensing so we could see new Dune RTS or some sort of RTS / Survival mixup game in near future. Send via Twitter & Directly by email. Go watch Dune in Cinema, watch it also on HBO Max & share good word about it <3 The pre planned second & maybe third movie's arrival (Also Sisterhood Telly Series) depends on Oct. 22nd movie's success. Good rest of September o/