[Release] Emperor Mission - 2018

Hero2233

Greeting,

I'm pleased to announce that I have finally finished designing my creative Emperor Mission.

This is my first time trying editing, I hope you like it :)

Alliance; Harkonnen.

Enemies; Atreides, Fremen, Ordos, Mercenaries & Smugglers.

Difficulty Level; Normal.

Download link:

Emperor Mission by Black Pegasus - AKA Hero2233.zip

Emperor.thumb.png.3efb70c38e58bb50ed3b67375df4eb84.png

Installation Steps:

1. Make sure you have the latest version of Dune 2000 Gruntmods Edition 1.6.2.2.

2. Unzip files in your dune 2000 -> data -> Missions.

3. Use the Mission Launcher application to launch -> Emperor -> scroll down & select the mission.

4. Enjoy!

Looking forward to hear your thoughts and suggestions.

Peace out :D

Edited by Hero2233
  • Upvote 1

Good, a new map!

Played halfway the game; Smuggler are almost done but the others are still alive.

My first suggestion it's about giving to your file a custom name instead the "H8V2", since may look like a revision to the original Harkonnen campaign, but you play es the Emperor.

You can name the three files adding your name or just a title; a custom name-title will highlight between other's people work.

Now, the map itself: It's very classic. the 2 vs several AIS; at the beggining their attacks are weak but the more time passed the stronger they became. Spice everywhere and things like that.

There are a few wrong tiles here and there; on the player's area there are a few; to the north a couple of rifts are missing rifts too... stuff like that.

Now; there is a wall owner by the player in the middle of the enemy base. On the Fremen base, the starport. Just 1 of those 4 walls of the south it's property of the player; need to check that.

Also, what about that ordos Starport? You placed one but the Ordos are not even active (I hope you don't add refineries and more stuff to the Ordos, the map already have lots of enemies to fight against).

By the way, if you want a specific music to sound you need to place "RISEHARK.AUD" (with the .aud) so the game load the correct file.

Edit:
Finished the map, it's ok for a first map; you need to fix the stuff I found you, but also you had other two problems: The harverster remplacement for the player it's set into the 0,0 position; you forget to give to it a new position.

Also "The mercenaries have been annihilated" appears twice; one for the merc and another for the smuggler; need to change that.

Edited by Cm_blast