[WIP] Honored Matres & Desert Mercenaries Co-op campaign

zidane2

On 8/30/2018 at 6:27 PM, JasperRowan said:

Hey, for someone who has no idea how to edit. Is it possible if someone can change this to a single campaign for me 😕

Dont be afraid to try it out, its not impossible , well at least the 1st mission, i'll maybe make a single player campaign after this is finished.

On 8/30/2018 at 11:27 AM, JasperRowan said:

Hey, for someone who has no idea how to edit. Is it possible if someone can change this to a single campaign for me 😕

Aye, it should be possible, just a little more tricky.

If you have a desire to learn to edit, these forums are pretty friendly and editing d2k is very easy to learn the basics for. I'm sure if you ask, someone will answer.

3 hours ago, JasperRowan said:

Hey Fey, I'll keep that in mind :) I did try to download this mod but it wouldn't open. Do you have any idea why?? 

This map it's mean to play using the "cncnet5" online option. (although I think it works using the "skirmish" option too).

The three files need to be on the path:
<directory of the game>/Dune2000/data/maps. (you'll see there lots of other maps, at least if you already executed "cncnet5" once).

On the menu then it's about searching the map, adding all the AI's needed and play it.

Edited by Cm_blast

1 hour ago, Cm_blast said:

This map it's mean to play using the "cncnet5" online option. (although I think it works using the "skirmish" option too).

The three files need to be on the path:
<directory of the game>/Dune2000/data/maps. (you'll see there lots of other maps, at least if you already executed "cncnet5" once).

On the menu then it's about searching the map, adding all the AI's needed and play it.

Ok man, I'll give it a go :D

So, here is Mission 2.

There are no harvester replacement in this mission, you have to deal with what you got. This is for story, because after the last mission the Smugglers gave you some money to build a "mining outpost" and now you have to harvest spice to pay them back and some extra spice for yourself, you cant afford replacements yet. Have fun!

- No starting Units

- Starting money: 4000

- AI 1 (Normal) ( No specific team )

- Tech level 4

[WIP]Honored Matres campaign mission 2.rar

22 minutes ago, zidane2 said:

So, here is Mission 2.

There are no harvester replacement in this mission, you have to deal with what you got. This is for story, because after the last mission the Smugglers gave you some money to build a "mining outpost" and now you have to harvest spice to pay them back and some extra spice for yourself, you cant afford replacements yet. Have fun!

- No starting Units

- Starting money: 4000

- AI 1 (Normal) ( No specific team )

- Tech level 4

[WIP]Honored Matres campaign mission 2.rar

Good. I wish I could play the way it's suppose to be.

I'll give a try anyway, even if I end playing alone.

I don't know if during online-skirmish options the maps appears on alphabetical order, but if that happens you should rename all your maps with the same name adding "1" for the first mission, "2" for second and so on. They would be more easy to find if they appear togethers (on top of that, a group of 9 maps will pop-up in bewteen the hunder skirmish maps over there).

Edited by Cm_blast

11 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

I don't know if during online-skirmish options the maps appears on alphabetical order, but if that happens you should rename all your maps with the same name adding "1

its right next to  the other co-op maps, my maps have the name "Honored matres mission #"

3 hours ago, zidane2 said:

its right next to  the other co-op maps, my maps have the name "Honored matres mission #"

Right, they indeed appear next one to the other; however one appear as "Honored matres : mission 1-something" meanwhile the other appears as "Co-op 2p vs 1 AI Honore's matres campaign mission 2".

I only know this two missions are related and are part of one campaign because I am following this posts, but nothing on their name suggests that they are part of a same story.

Edited by Cm_blast

• 2 weeks later...

I tried to play both maps using the cncnet this time.

First map was like the last time I played except this time my ally took forever to build a unit to attack the outpost. Before he was sending lots of troopers, but this time my ally just was building units to defense his base and, by the time the first attack finally arrive, they went against the enemy main base (I talk about ground units, not reinforcements)

Also "Imperials" (since you didn't said anything about sides or colors, I let the game be random; they were Ordos on my game) never send a single unit to defend the defense area; just want to tell you that you have another unknown set to 0; I suggest to pick up the original A4v1 or H4v1 and copy-paste the value there into the unknown.

I don't know what that value do, but I can tell that right now the defence area didn't work on my play.

I started to destroy enemy harverster out of boredom, since there was nothing more to do. The map took me 40 minutes to win, but I speed the game to the max during the last 5-10 minutes or so. I already crushed all the enemy troopers I could with my tank, but in between attacks/reinforcements I couldn't do anything else but taking out more harvester.

About second map:
I used your specifications of no starting units, tech of 4, 4000 initial credits and 1 AI team.

I build a bunch of initial units, but I lost 1 harverster by the time I had almost 5000 credits because the sandworm. I let my ally to defend the base for me while I was harvesting. I had the game playing at max speed so I lost the other harverster and that was the end to me (at 8600 credits).

Probably the second human should be the one that try to gather the quota since their refs are a bit more near the spic,e, but anyway; not a bad map to play with a friend or even possible to win on alone (but playing better than I did).

You really need to add the "noMCV" line into the ini so no more MCV appearing on the middle of the enemy base and no more turrets shooting them for no reason (same with the initial credits and starting units so you no longer need to give us indications of how many money and units we should start with).

Edited by Cm_blast

• 10 months later...
On 9/16/2018 at 2:56 PM, Cm_blast said:

You really need to add the "noMCV" line into the ini so no more MCV appearing on the middle of the enemy base

is this what i need to prevent the game from spawning 8 mcv's? because i tried the noMCV and nothing happened.

its in the config file right?

Also sorry for the long silence.

is this what i need to prevent the game from spawning 8 mcv's? because i tried the noMCV and nothing happened.

its in the config file right?

Maybe you tried to write it literally, like "noMCV" or something.
This is for a map I played years ago, the tank master 1 vs 1. 3 Heavy facts + windtraps into a combat tank only battle.

The map it's "Co-Op tank master 1P vs 1AI.map" and has his own .ini "Co-Op tank master 1P vs 1AI.ini". Inside its' written like this.

[Basic]
Name=Co-Op tank master 1P vs 1AI
Author=dato

[MultiPlayer]
Crates=No
Worms=0
Credits=40000
TechLevel=3
UnitCount=0
StartWithMCV=No

With those you can force some values, like also removing initial units (besides the ones you place on the editor) and things like that. I hope that's enough.

I am fine with people coming back to create new stuff to play, more since yours will be the very first coop-campaign full ever made.

Edited by Cm_blast

So managed to get something done right after work.

Update for mission 1

- Map has been edited a little ( mostly rocks).

- Added a secret reinforcement on the map.

- Starting credits, Tech level, Unit count doesnt matter on skirmish anymore, its all in the config file now.

- MCV's wont spawn anymore.

- Emperor's defense area now works.

- Changed smuggler's unit build order a bit.

[WIP] HM Mission 1.rar

Edited by zidane2

1 hour ago, Fey said:

Ayy lmao, nice to see ya again, zidane. :D Are you around on C&Cnet or the D2k Discord at all? I'm hanging around there recently and could probably help test some maps with ya. :)

I havent been on C&Cnet all this time and i dont have the discord link . Mission 3 coming very soon.

Sorry for the little delay, had to update all of dune to the newest version and editor stopped working... again , but no worries i fixed it the same way like last time.

So here's mission 3

Your objective is to destroy 3 Outposts (base) in 3 different spots on the map, they are well prepared for a fight.

An extra objective (Optional) is to destroy the Emperor's base, maybe its worth it =]

As always Human Players should be Atreides and Harkonnen, AI's should be Ordos, Emperor, Atreides, Ordos in this order and color.

--SKIRMISH OPTIONS--

- Engineers enabled

- Crates disabled

[WIP] HM Mission 3.rar

Edited by zidane2

• 4 weeks later...

So after a long testing with AI, mission 4 is finally complete.

Your objective is to capture some Harkonnen bases. The smugglers will help you out with their units occasionally.

This level will require some tactics, because you wont have enough units to rush and you dont want to waste any time.

1st AI is Ordos and 2nd AI is Harkonnen 

- SKIRMISH OPTIONS -

- Engineers enabled.

[WIP]HM Mission 4.rar

Edited by zidane2