Fey

[WIP] Smugglers Campaign 2!

38 minutes ago, Fey said:

Do a Harkonnen campaign and have the final map or two on the Atreides homeworld or something. I still remember the Atreides homeworld map from Emperor, you start on like the bottom corner and then there's a lot of water, and then the Atreides base is on this peninsula or something. Right? Maybe could re-create that now. Just need an icy tileset for Draconis IV and an industrial tileset for Giedi Prime... or, perhaps, for a Heighliner map...

Yes, could be done. Also since I already made maps with no spice and instead increasing credits, so that could be done in this specific case, although with the "increasing credits", at least if we want to do a "you got +10.000" credits takes plenty of events already (unless you set the money to 10.000 withouth looking if the player had 0 or 8.000 at that moment).

For the Ice maybe works turning up the original down-rifts, I don't know.

40 minutes ago, Fey said:

You're talking about the Gom Jabbar map, right? I remember that!

Yeah; That map. And yes, 1 ref very near of the spice plus an extra harv works fine, but when you build a new harvs and forget to move it into another spot, you can see clearly that 3 harvesters going into the single tile just keep pushing each other, slowing them down plus sometimes they go iddle for a while.

42 minutes ago, Fey said:

Oh, alright. I'm very eager to hear back from you on that, at your earliest convenience! S15 played very well for me on my testing runs, so I'm excited to hear about what other folks get out of the map. S14V1 / V2 went nicely too, but they're very standard maps. As fun as massive tank battles are on S14V1, S15 takes the cake out of this update simply for the new concept and stuff.

Since infantry in general have a higher range in the mod now, I'd love to hear how your use of infantry and infantry rock plays out, too. Troopers on infantry rock are nice and effective against any light vehicles now, and Grenadiers will always sit behind Quads. Even Light Infantry are more effective against vehicles and especially structures since all the building armor is normalized now.

I will try that soon.

18 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Yes, could be done. Also since I already made maps with no spice and instead increasing credits, so that could be done in this specific case, although with the "increasing credits", at least if we want to do a "you got +10.000" credits takes plenty of events already (unless you set the money to 10.000 withouth looking if the player had 0 or 8.000 at that moment).

For the Ice maybe works turning up the original down-rifts, I don't know.

That's probably the easiest. Giedi Prime has, like, this reddish terrain in addition to the industrial platforming, so... hmm. I guess I could see how that might work...

If I do make any progress on one such tileset, I'll be sure to let you know how it's going!

21 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Yeah; That map. And yes, 1 ref very near of the spice plus an extra harv works fine, but when you build a new harvs and forget to move it into another spot, you can see clearly that 3 harvesters going into the single tile just keep pushing each other, slowing them down plus sometimes they go iddle for a while.

The idling is something I wasn't aware of. Well, hopefully the system is functional enough. :P

23 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

I will try that soon.

Yay. :D