Possible Emperor Remake?

DMJC

OpenSAGE is a remake of the Command and Conquer Generals engine which was an upgrade version of the Emperor: Battle for Dune engine. It should be possible to edit OpenSAGE to add support for Emperor: Battle for Dune units and levels...

I believe both Dune 2000 and Emperor used engines written by Intelligent Games out of the UK which were never used by other Westwood titles.

I might be mistaken but I don't think Emperor and Generals share the same data formats so the work they're doing wouldn't be relevant to Emperor.

Nope, the engines are largely unrelated plus OpenSAGE is a long long way from being a playable game. That isn't to say when its further along it couldn't be adapated, but then so could say the SpringRTS engine if you want to just remake the game on a different engine and that one is already ready to go. If you want a proper recreation, then someone is going to have to make a start on that either by working out the file formats and then trying to match the behaviour in a custom engine like OpenSAGE or by creating a reimplementation by studying/decompiling the original binary as done by OpenDUNE and the approach being used by Thyme in creating their reimplementation of SAGE.