Mini Campaign - Mercenaries Revenge ( Last 3 Mission )

jbil1989

Hi everyone,

* At this campaign, I changed in original Ordos missions ( 7-8-9 )  and I changed teams regions.

* We have some change * I tested with hard difficulty

* Story :  Ordos is traitor, Ordos don't pay money to mercenaries, Mercenaries want to revenge

Briefing : All of them same, some change, Important Briefing : All mission Mission Fail is your ally destroyed

And in finally mission some change : When the time finish, they will come a lot of.  Meanwhile the emperor will stall them, you need fast growth

Have Fun

Mercenaries Revenge.rar

My first campaign Time Based Smugglers Campaign - Protect Mercenaries

Mini Campaign - Mercenaries Revenge ( Last 3 Mission )

Edited by jbil1989
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, jbil1989 said:

Hi everyone,

* At this campaign, I changed in original Ordos missions ( 7-8-9 )  and I changed teams regions.

* We have some change * I tested with hard difficulty

* Story :  Ordos is traitor, Ordos don't pay money to mercenaries, Mercenaries want to revenge

Briefing : All of them same, some change, Important Briefing : All mission Mission Fail is your ally destroyed

And in finally mission some change : When the time finish, they will come a lot of.  Meanwhile the emperor will stall them, you need fast growth

Have Fun

Mercenaries Revenge.rar

Wow, I started playing a C&C game and suddenly several mods appears on screen. I'll play your three maps too after I finish the others.

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/3/2018 at 7:22 PM, jbil1989 said:

* At this campaign, I changed in original Ordos missions ( 7-8-9 )  and I changed teams regions

Well, I played the first map, mission 7. I want to warn people that these maps are part of "Ordos", so do not search in the mercenary submenu.

The map it's a resedign from the original map. Here the player (mercenaries) start in a different area and you fight with only a weak but usefull ally. Now it's spice everywhere, so you never run out of spice.

The beginning it's tough. They are multiple enemies that will focus you and the initial money it's really low. You must not waste any credit on things you don't need. Good thing the terrain design help a lot to contain the enemy attacks and you ally can bring some attention towards him.

With the first bullet dodged, the rest of the campaign went smoothly, just like the original campaign is. One of the enemy bases it's slightly bigger than in the original game, but fortunatelly the other AIs have a small or cripple base (with no refinery so once they run out of money the only can rely on reinforcements or scripted deliveries).

I miss the deliveries from the original map, but here it's the enemy who receive, but it's ok, that don't make the map unplayable. So at least congrats for no just giving all the AI 4 refineries with 5 heavy factories and stuff like that; I like how the map it's right now.

Besides the timed based smuggler, this it the second work you did, right?. I guess you are using the klofack editor? (I know the smuggler one was done with the old editor). I can see how the player it's "ordos" in the editor (and appears in the menu that way), but also the events are the same as the original (or with very small changes). Event he casualties event it's there for mercenaries (Ordos in game).

For example, the "emperor/Atreides annihilated" weren't change, but in this map not only there are Harkonnen and Ordos present, but the Atreides never will get annihilated because one part of the Atreides player here it is your ally.

Overall, this map (at least this one) reminds me those early campaigns done, with the AI focusing the wall xD, I had not seen that behavior for years. It was funny.

Definitely will play the other two maps too. I hope you'll learn a bit more in the future how to use the editor so you can make the mercenaries being part of the merc menu and being able to change those "X have been annihilated" to trigger when they should and stuff like that (and doing your own stuff).

Edited by Cm_blast

On 1/4/2018 at 2:39 PM, Cm_blast said:

Well, I played the first map, mission 7. I want to warn people that these maps are part of "Ordos", so do not search in the mercenary submenu.

Nevermind, in mission 8 you play as Ordos.

You starting point it's different and your ally this time are the imperials. Overall there is no really any difference between the original map and this one (your ally have a similar set up as the original merc ally, but with extra Sardaukar).

Enemies have a increased base but it's not really that hard. Just several attacks here and there to win and of course, resisting the enemy devastators coming at you. The things that the Imperial can produce with his limited money are usefull to defend at the beggining when you are still gaining some economy, so good.

Now, want to say that you missplaced 2 things in this map. First, the player have a few walls into the enemy base. Probably you forgot (or didn't realice) that those walls are not Atreides but Ordos. You need to change this, not only because the "base under attack" but also being able to deploy things there (and having mercs attacking it like nothing).

The walls are the section in the middle area of the Atreides base. To know what walls are you can open the editor: map - change structure owner and change "ordos" for "delete"; once you see clearly what walls are eliminated (those in the mid section), you can reload the map and place Atreides walls in top of that group.

The second thing it's the Atreides Palace. The way it's place it's blocking the Fremen; they don't have any room to move against the player. You can move the Palace into another place or move the High-tech.

Edit: Played through mission 9 although I loose the map.

Well; here you are mercenaries again. I am not going to spoil anything, but I need to say that the beggining caught me off guard.

Unfortunately, this map don't seems that it's in the same pack as the other two. While in the other two maps we have a different version from the original campaign maps but with other alliances, starting point and etc... here we have a massive fight where the enemy keeps receiven units non-stop unlimited.

Here having a few turrets won't stop the massive enemy waves, and the Emperor could be a little stronger by building other units than siege tanks.

So overall the two first maps are like the original campaigns with a different set up, while this one it's like a separated map with much more action and tons of stuff for the enemy. I wish at least your ally receive more stuff too to compensate a bit.

Ps: It's weird reading the "We're losing too many men!" dialogue being the player the mercenaries.

Edited by Cm_blast

• 2 years later...

Thank you for all feedback.

I'm old friend :D Sometimes I forgat lol wall :D

"Ps: It's weird reading the "We're losing too many men!" dialogue being the player the mercenaries. " HAHAHA yes I love nostalgia :D

Thank you for game.