What is the next most important house in Dune after the Fremen?

X3M

So, I was discussing this with some friends. But they don't really know Dune.

We have the Atreides, Ordos, Harkonnen and Corrino.

Then we have the most important sub house, is the Fremen.

But who comes next? Who is the next most important sub house that adds fuel to the war fire?

And should Ordos be replaced by one of the original houses?

• 2 weeks later...

Are you talking about the books or the games? Fremen aren't a "sub-house", which isn't even a term used in the books in the first place. There are Houses Major and Houses Minor, of the Landsraad. Houses Major Atreides and Harkonnen aren't "important" (I don't know what you mean by that), they are just the focus of the narrative (and the conflict). It is known from the books that House Harkonnen was way wealthier than House Atreides, but the Atreides had better military, and they were related to House Corrino which may or may not have played a role in the Atreides getting control of Arrakis (but of course the whole scheme was to take the Atreides down with the Emperor's approval).

On 13.03.2018 at 9:41 AM, X3M said:

But who comes next? Who is the next most important sub house that adds fuel to the war fire?

Factions interested in the conflict apart from those mentioned above were the Bene Gesserit and the Spacing Guild (obviously), CHOAM and possibly the smugglers.

Houses Minor are mentioned briefly in the books but not specified. There were House Minor members present on Arrakis during the overthrow of Atreides rule, and the Baron ordered Rabban to take hostages from each such House so that they would not spread word of the events that would contradict the "official" version.

On 13.03.2018 at 9:41 AM, X3M said:

And should Ordos be replaced by one of the original houses?

What? Where?

I never expected to get an answer.

I was still pondering on making a Dune board game. But we are used to the houses as mentioned in dune2/dune2k and emperor battle for dune.

The board game would be limited to a number of "races". 4 or 6 races, due to cutting out excess material. But that was back then.

Plans have completely changed by now. Chances are very low that the theme is going to be Dune.

But thanks any way for the answer!