economy question

Diablogrunt

Economic level affects several game elements, including cargo production, freight revenues, stock prices and town growth. Since other events and managers can affect things like cargo production and freight revenues directly, the exact effects of an economic step can vary. These then interact in complex ways to produce the economy, so a percentage can't be reckoned.

There are five economic levels from depression (0) to boom (4). Each event moves it one or more steps unless it would go past the minimum or maximum. The game engine also sometimes moves the economy in March and September.

I can now see that the event economy settings are completely different than the set game economy % level. I was hoping to be able to adjust the game % level for a map with 3 scenarios according to starting dates. I think the best I can do here is set the % economy at the recommended level for the middle starting date which will be too high for the minimum starting date and too low for the maximum starting date, but I see no alternative.

20 hours ago, Diablogrunt said:

the event economy settings are completely different than the set game economy % level

Aha... You refer to the average economic growth rate for a map. For most maps, the starting dates are close enough together that such tension is not a problem. I suppose you could write an event trigger or two based on start year that would give an occasional boost to late-starting games or drag early starting games so that they converge a little. You should also ask yourself how wide a range of start years you really need.