[Release] Alliance of Atreides Campaign

Dark Wesker

1 hour ago, Cm_blast said:

Now, there is a huge mistake in the events. When the Palace it's destroyed the game crash "too many deliveries". I checked in the editor; the flag 41 to call the event once it's missing, so that needs a fix ASAP.

Sorry I don't understand. I played twice, first when i testing, second when i changed color (32) and Morale AttackBuilding. And no problems, errors. I don't see whats wrong or just do not understand.

Played mission 10 and 11. The hardest part in mission 10 it's when your ally decide to send all the units to attack, so you need to protect him, but you really can't do anything to avoid that to happen.

Yes, the mission 10 is hardest. I wanted to add something more in mission 11. But I decided to leave as it is because the last mission is very hard.

Now, It's a bit confusing facing a black enemy when the player it's also so dark. Sometimes I think a quad it's enemy but was mine, or I try to click a few of my troopers but they are from the enemy.

It could be but for me it was not and allies fought against them.

26 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

Sorry I don't understand. I played twice, first when i testing, second when i changed color (32) and Morale AttackBuilding. And no problems, errors. I don't see whats wrong or just do not understand.

The problem it's in the "without music" version; that had the problem. I just saw the other version it's fine, but not the other.

31 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

It could be but for me it was not and allies fought against them

In my case a few Sardaukar enter for the only infantry entrance, He destroyed 2 windtraps, and then I send the airstrike to destroy another 2 more; because of that his rocket turrets stopped working, so I took my oportunity to take the weaker enemy.

I don't know how you do, but for me, my allies usually only provide a few defences or reduce a bit the enemy numbers, but I am the one that do all the work: I destroy all the turrets, units around the base and most of the buildings.

Anyway; I loaded the mission 11 and destroyed everyone and left the Palace for last, so tecnically the map it's win. Let's see mission 12.

24 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

The problem it's in the "without music" version; that had the problem. I just saw the other version it's fine, but not the other.

Fixed - [Without music] Alliance of Atreides by Dark Wesker.zip My fault, sorry. It happened when I delete "Play Music".

I don't know how you do, but for me, my allies usually only provide a few defences or reduce a bit the enemy numbers, but I am the one that do all the work: I destroy all the turrets, units around the base and most of the buildings.

Black enemy is weak and emperor (with or without Atreides) destroying them. I'm just helping with airstrike.

Anyway; I loaded the mission 11 and destroyed everyone and left the Palace for last, so tecnically the map it's win. Let's see mission 12.

When I changed "Morale AttackBuilding" for me is different now. Maybe it's easier or maybe is harder. But it's easier for me.

16 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

Black enemy is weak and emperor (with or without Atreides) destroying them. I'm just helping with airstrike.

Nah, they have too much stuff to be defeated by a few tanks and sardaukar alone. It's more quickly doing it myself, and without turrets I can destroy them attacking by the west side.

At least this time this enemy can be attacked withouth interference (the previous mission the Ordos are too close to the mercs, so it's impossible to fight them alone).

Right now I am in the middle of the mission 12 (45 minutes of game). It's going to be hard because my ally once again has nothing around his base. Well, I am going to group my units in his front door now; I hope that's enough to prevent the atreides to continue to suicide his units for nothing.

31 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

It's more quickly doing it myself, and without turrets I can destroy them attacking by the west side.

Yes, it's easier and quick to do it yourself. But I concentrated on others and I left these at the end. For me they were not a threat.

31 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Right now I am in the middle of the mission 12 (45 minutes of game). It's going to be hard because my ally once again has nothing around his base. Well, I am going to group my units in his front door now; I hope that's enough to prevent the atreides to continue to suicide his units for nothing.

AI is not good and them need to be defended. This is the purpose of the game (campaign).

Edited by Dark Wesker

Will, With the 40 minutes from early and 1 hour or so more, and I still not finished.

Personally, I think you went too far with this mission. A massive base, plenty deliveries and etc... (fighting 4 enemies defending the same area it's insane).

I got lucky the Atreides send his units one by one, so the Central Imperial area were every minute more further to his base, so at the end the central Imperial area went near the Atreides base, so I could fight that group alone, killing all those units leaving the central enemy area unguarded.

Then I send some troopers to take a couple of the enemy turret rockets and a big attack to damage lots of buildings, but of course, there are still 3 more enemies near defending, so I couldn't take the whole "Ordos side".

And here I was starting to be bored, so I decided to go Trojan Horse. Deployed a MCV in the enemy area and placing barracks to capture every building I could before the enemy destroyed it and so go on.

I think overall the enemy don't have more factories, but I still need like half an hour just to take the remaining forces, maybe more.

I wish that after 1 hour:20 minutes or so the enemy stop receiving more reinforcements; and the player or at least the Atreides start receiving more units, just to avoid the map to last for so long.

Edited by Cm_blast

8 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

I wish that after 1 hour:20 minutes or so the enemy stop receiving more reinforcements; and the player or at least the Atreides start receiving more units, just to avoid the map to last for so long.

The enemies receive only 6 Devastators (all side *4, different intervals). Because Emperor can't build devastator. You only need to destroy the starports. And no more reinforcements (devastators). More, enemy has a speed to build.

8 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

And here I was starting to be bored, so I decided to go Trojan Horse. Deployed a MCV in the enemy area and placing barracks to capture every building I could before the enemy destroyed it and so go on.

If you look at the map editor. There are 4 enemies as you write. But they are all like Emperor. I choose the first Harkonnen. The bad side is take the middle (Ordos). For me the enemies not rebuild buildings and it makes easier. 

As I see this mission is difficult for you. And yes, this mission is very long and not easy. I did it because I like such difficulties and for me is not boring. And I did not do like you, "deployed a MCV in the enemy...". It is not interesting to play.

But I made much more easy mission. Who is afraid and do not like the challenges - AOA mission 12 easier.zip

* Lower speed (one factory, construction yard, except Emperor have two factories and 3 construction yard).

Very Easy (reuploaded): - AOA Mission 12 Very Easy.zip

* Enemies defense lower
* You have starting 20 000 credits
* Atreides have 100 000 credits
* Atreides have defense on this Area.
* You will have receive a lot units (before 12, now 24 and something more).
And other things.

Edited by Dark Wesker

7 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

The enemies receive only 6 Devastators (all side *4, different intervals). Because Emperor can't build devastator. You only need to destroy the starports. And no more reinforcements (devastators). More, enemy has a speed to build.

It's not "only 6 devastators"; they are 4 sides, so you are giving them 24 devastators. Even when I manage to attack and defeat lots of the enemy units and destroy some buildings, soon he it's receiving 24 devastators more and so on.

And I did not do like you, "deployed a MCV in the enemy...". It is not interesting to play.

I never use this tactic to win a mission, I feel like if I am cheating, but when a map it's so insane as this one, then I don't feel bad for using a tactic like this.
I just are too near to finish the campaign so I didn't wanted to stop now.

As I see this mission is difficult for you.

You are mistaken, the mission it's not hard, just last for too long, so this this is not a "this map it's hard, make it easy".

To me, if the enemy have a lower GuardGroupSize and the time between attack were lower too (so the enemy attacks much often) I would like it more. Enemy would be more agressive, the map would be harder with all those attacks, but when it's my time to attack, I don't need to defeat 100 enemy units, being at least 20 of them devastators.

Even if the map it's like it is now, but the Imperial Palace was in the middle of the base I wouldn't mind. At least I don't need to defeat every single side to win the mission; just after breaking one of their multiple defenses, it's enough to win (but I still need to play a good amount of time just to reach the Palace).

I did it because I like such difficulties and for me is not boring.

This it's just my personal opinion. If you like the map as it's now then it's fine.

I just want to said that I enjoyed the whole campaign, even those maps with the enemy being so defensive. It's just this one map that the enemy have too much stuff here and there.

Edited by Cm_blast

I warned, the last mission is very hard and you saw the images. Such missions are not for you. Others maybe do not like hard situations and I made for easy. Now everyone can choose difficulties. And that will be necessary for the future for new campaigns.

Thanks for the opinion. This can be useful in future. :)

I was checking your first post. Well, The morale of my enemies were 50 in the last mission, so they barely send attacks (they only "defend" near the Atreides base).

Just in case I downloaded the file in the first post again; There the enemy have 80 in the morale, so I guess it's the good version.

Anyway; I finally ended the mission and the campaign. Mission accomplished.

10 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

I finally ended the mission and the campaign. Mission accomplished.

That's great :)

10 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

I was checking your first post. Well, The morale of my enemies were 50 in the last mission, so they barely send attacks (they only "defend" near the Atreides base).

Just in case I downloaded the file in the first post again; There the enemy have 80 in the morale, so I guess it's the good version.

That's the reason why it was hard. I also played on the 50 (first time). Second when i changed morale. And I wrote all this. It was different and was much easy for me.

Edited by Dark Wesker

• 4 years later...

Although I am just playing "whatever"; I didn't realize until later that you also are the creator of this specific campaign, so here it is. your Ultimate house ordos, it is suspended but for the description on the video I simply said that this is the final mission and call it a day.

Here: (note, I restarted on the last mission, but didn't cut it, so you can see me fail at the beggining).