[Release] Alliance of Atreides Campaign

Dark Wesker

I created another campaign - Alliance of Atreides. Your role is to be the ally of House Atreides and them protect. This campaign is easier than others. Only the last mission is very hard or nightmare difficulty. The enemy has infinite resources and three nuclear weapons. I'm not good with story. Just I create to be something new to play and I like to do something.

What you can expect:

* Twelve missions (no versions)
* New Music (only for "Alliance of Atreides")
* In beginning will be very easy. The difficulty (Normal/Hard/Very Hard) will begin at the mission 8 or 9. Maybe for you will be earlier.
* Color can be different.
* + "Atreides Remake" campaign edited version (my first campaign).

Spoiler

cRPh4t6.jpg

HJaCFTH.jpg

cU5YDq6.jpg

SD1wzdr.jpg

Mission 12:

H83kUIz.jpg

emug6Pz.jpg

8yZjX5Q.jpg

[UPDATED] DOWNLOAD

[Updated] Without music:

Updated, fixed mission 11 - [Without music] Alliance of Atreides by Dark Wesker.zip

* Fixed the mission 5, Morale AttackBuilding - ally 100, for example in the last mission the enemies were 50 and I changed to 80. The color should be the same.

I forgot add one thing to the message - AOA mission 6.zip
I made it easier - AOA mission 7.zip In beginning you will get the reinforcement.

Who is afraid and do not like the challenges (easier the last mission) - AOA mission 12 easier.zip

Very Easy (In mission 12, reuploaded): - AOA Mission 12 Very Easy.zip

* Enemies defense lower
* You have starting 20 000 credits
* Atreides have 100 000 credits
* Atreides have defense on this Area.
* You will have receive a lot units (before 12, now 24 and something more).
And other things.

AOA Mission 12 Very Easy.zip

Edited by Dark Wesker

Hi guys, I wasn't logging in for a long time.  i download it . i played. i saw a lot of new campaign, good news for me, i will play other campaigns. This campaign like it. Don't hard, but pleasant. Ideas for the player are nice. And finally misson very very hard, i think you are crazy man, Emperor haha they think we are best, in game i saw : " i will be power " and in the finally mission i saw  a lot of death hand missle ( three times ) very bad lol but i like it. i saw a lot of devastrator was come :D 

Thank you for campaign again. And finally picture :D

Adsız.jpg

Played the first 5 missions. The first one it's weird because the enemy it's more stronger than you until you recieve a few trikes. From there the map was easy.

Then mission 2 to 4 they are simple and are played the same way: use all the money. go all in. Win.
I just let the ally to protect the first 1-2 waves so I didn't loose any unit early, but besides that they don't do anything.

Mission 5 it's a classic map, so not to much to say. I just want to warn about the "morale attack building". In this map and in the Harkonnen evil mission 12e you have some Ais with a morale attack building lower than 100. This can be a big problem in the long run.

If the player suffer too many casualties, the AI it's going to stop attacking for a while, grouping too many units but never attacking again.

You can see only the Atreides remain, but to destroy the Imperial I lost plenty of units, so the Mercs have all that stuff around his base.
I "Cheated" by attacking the Merc's harverster so they could come to help me; with all the things he has in his base plus the group I had ready to attack we defeat the Atreides in a single strike.

But this is like cheating; I don't like to need to do this type of "tactic" because the AI it's not going to attack again naturally.

Back to the Alliance Atreides campaign: In mission 5 there are 2 rifts with wrong tiles. One it's in the Atreides base and the other in the Ordos.
Also, you need to choose a specefic Index, because in the missions the player it's a different one. For example in mission 1 you are 68, in mission 3 71 and in mission 5 64.
The colour it's similar, but not exactly the same.

Edited by Cm_blast

I just want to warn about the "morale attack building". In this map and in the Harkonnen evil mission 12e you have some Ais with a morale attack building lower than 100. This can be a big problem in the long run.

This has to be 100?  It's not a problem for me to play. And AI behaves differently. But they are attacking.

Back to the Alliance Atreides campaign: In mission 5 there are 2 rifts with wrong tiles. One it's in the Atreides base and the other in the Ordos.

I see, can be any my mistakes. But that does not pose a problem playing. The original also has bugs.

6FfHjSc.jpg

Also, you need to choose a specefic Index, because in the missions the player it's a different one. For example in mission 1 you are 68, in mission 3 71 and in mission 5 64.
The colour it's similar, but not exactly the same.

I know, but the color for example 68 is not the same. That's why they are different. And I do that to be possible deploy MCV. Otherwise I can't do it. My (68) color should be the dark red.

Y49m5A8.jpg

But in other missions the color is different (brown, black in map).

Edited by Dark Wesker

1 hour ago, Dark Wesker said:

This has to be 100?  It's not a problem for me to play. And AI behaves differently. But they are attacking.

If you look into the original maps (Ordos campaign) the mercs always have 100
I can't tell exactly how that think works, but I know for sure that heavily depends of the ally units being killed.

Imagine that when a unit died, the AI allied with that player increase "Fear" for 1 point (could increase more if the units are tanks and less if infantry, I don't know that for sure).

Now, the player send an attack of 40 units, and all of them died in the process. Your ally has 40 of "fear", but his attack morale it's 50, so he still attacks.

But I just had grouped another 40 more units and attack them. My units died, now that ally has 80 of "fear", so this ally it's not going to attack until his "fear" it's less that 50.

Probably this "fear" decrease over time and/or when the player kills enemy units, but if the player has an insane amount of units and I attack the enemy with no strategy; just sending at random, loosing the light vehicles because I didn't wait for stronger units to group; I'll loose a thousand of units in a short time.

And because this way to play, the mercs (also Ordos) are not going to attack for 20, 30, maybe 50 minutes.
Setting the attack morale to 100 you know for sure that something like that it's not going to happen, they just attack when it's the correct time.

Less attack morale works when it's the AI, because the AI never group 100 units in a single strike, thus affecting much less his allies morale; but a human player it's a different story.

For experiencie: there is one map from the smuggler campaign made by Fey's. The attack morale of the ordos was 50 I think. They were attacking at first, but after I start to attack one the Imperial bases, the Ordos enter this "fear" mode and they didn't help me for the rest of the game, so I was totally alone to defeat another 2 big enemies withouth any help. And this happen because I lost a good amount of units in a very short time trying to defeat the first base.

see, can be any my mistakes. But that does not pose a problem playing. The original also has bugs.

I mean this part, this is not a bug, just a mistake choosing the wrong tile.
59ff500bcee68_wrongtitle.png.8aaedcc013d2c93966d209b8cb0dc96c.png

Should looks like this (or similar).
59ff50826ce53_fixedtitle.png.e72b8356ede0265d40c862639483721d.png

I know, but the color for example 68 is not the same. That's why they are different. And I do that to be possible deploy MCV. Otherwise I can't do it. My (68) color should be the dark red.

But just choose one. If you can't deploy with an specific index, then don't use it. Use the one you can for all missions. It's confusing seeing how the colours of my own units and buildinds slighty changes from map to map because you are using different index from map to map.

If 71 can handle the MCV, use it for all the missions and that's it.

Edited by Cm_blast

Thanks for the explanation. :)don't know yet everything. 

I mean this part, this is not a bug, just a mistake choosing the wrong tile.

Yes I know. This happened because I used a quick way (automatically or something like that) and it often happens. But I'm always fixed. Only this time I do not know why I did not do it. Sorry.

If 71 can handle the MCV, use it for all the missions and that's it.

71 can't deploy MCV. I used where to be without MCV. Maybe I'll fix this campaign. When I create other versions. But this in the future. And I will use a brown color. Will be the same. But I wanted dark red color.

Edited by Dark Wesker

48 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

Thanks for the explanation. :)don't know yet everything. 

I don't know everything yet either. I found this the first time I tried 2 AI with the same numbers and both at 50 of morale. They both attack the first time, but in the second time, after AI number 1 was loosing units (against my turrets), the untis of the AI number 2 (which had some units in midway to attack me) suddenly start retreating to his own base.

15-20 minutes later, AI number 1 just send attack after attack. AI number 2 didn't attack once.

43 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

71 can't deploy MCV. I used where to be without MCV. Maybe I'll fix this campaign. When I create other versions. But this in the future. And I will use a brown color. Will be the same. But I wanted dark red color.

I said a random index; I don't remember which one can. You used the 64 for mission 5, here you can deploy a MCV.
In mission 6 you used 68 and can deploy a MCV. You can pick the one you like the most.

Well, there isn't any solution then. But still, you are using 3 different indexes, at least pick only a couple of them :P; one for MCV maps and the other for non-MCV missions.

Because you know, at the end doesn't really matter. My Tleilaxu Campaign look like mud-green the whole campaign, and look the same when I instaled Windows xp (and gruntmod) into another hard drive. Now I have Windows 7 and right now they looks turquoise, so at the end it's going to depend of the computer or who knows.

With colors is complicated. Your Tleilaxu campaign can't deploy MCV. If i'm right. I think these are always the same (for me is brown):

32 Atreides
33 Harkonnen
34 Ordos
35 Emperor
36 Fremen
37 Smugglers
38 Mercenary

usHRbkS.jpg

When I tried to test, for me always the same. Should be also different. Therefore it is best to use them. And I will change to these.

* I updated the downloads files. Fixed mission 5, changed Morale AttackBuilding and color (32), should be the same.

I failed again. I forgot add one thing to the message - AOA mission 6.zip

Edited by Dark Wesker

6 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

Your Tleilaxu campaign can't deploy MCV. If i'm right. I think these are always the same (for me is brown):

My Tleilaxu Campaign can deploy MCV; in several maps you need to build your own base; in fact, since the index it's Imperial, I place a MCV instead a CY so the player can build the High tech factory.

Played mission 6 and 7:
Mission 6 it's good. I was to tell about a minor problem but I think you fixed in the last update, so now it's good. The Atreides are a bit useless, but anyway.

Mission 7: Ok, this one can be a bit unfair. At the beginning I could order a MCV as my first buy and a harverster in the second. Even deploying and having a ref I barely could survive with some troopers and a couple of combat tanks I could effor by harversting.

So... if the orders in the starport are not active (since sometimes all of them are in grey, impossible to make any order) or they are not so cheap, could be to hard to win the map; it's just about being lucky. If the MCV wasn't active since several minutes later could be impossible to win. With only 6000 credits you need to reserve at least 3000 just to have MCV+refinery, so you can't just really buy too much stuff anyway.

If I can do a suggestion; you can do something like this:
* Give 1/more starport delivery/reinforcements to the player (5-10 minutes or so); don't need to be combat tanks or anything, but at least a few troopers/infantry; they can help, but can die quickly too.
* Said to the player that can't order a MCV until 5-10 minutes (for example). So at the beggining the player need to use the initial 6000 credits to order some units to defense himself and the ally. And after the time runs out, you give for free the MCV and 5000/X extra credits, so the player can deploy it and using that money to build refs and etc.

You can make the mission to fail if the player order the MCV too quickly, or having the Harkonnen attacking with a big force if the MCV appears before you give it for free, so the player it's punished for doing that.

Anyway; you forgot to add a second mission fail to trigger if the player loose all the buildings and units. Right now the game only ends if the Fremen are defeated, but not if the player it's dead.

For me is not hard mission. But I made it easier - AOA mission 7.zip In beginning you will get the reinforcement (after one minute). But you still need to buy MCV

1 hour ago, Cm_blast said:

you forgot to add a second mission fail to trigger if the player loose all the buildings and units. Right now the game only ends if the Fremen are defeated, but not if the player it's dead.

I'm not. The only missions ends when Atreides lose. You can see what happens next or restart game.

Edited by Dark Wesker

38 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

For me is not hard mission. But I made it easier - AOA mission 7.zip In beginning you will get the reinforcement (after one minute). But you still need to buy MCV

Good, Maybe now you are giving too much units, but anyway; works for me.

I was refiring about luck. The stuff you can buy in the starport it's random. If you can do a MCV + harverster in the first order the game will become more easy, but if you only can order a carryall and a trike and two minutes later you can only build a siege tank and another trike, can be hard trying to help the Atreides and defending yourself.

Edited by Cm_blast

Good, Maybe now you are giving too much units, but anyway; works for me.

If someone is difficult, I have to make it easier. This campaign should be easy/normal, except the last mission.

I was refiring about luck. The stuff you can buy in the starport it's random. If you can do a MCV + harverster in the first order the game will become more easy, but if you only can order a carryall and a trike and two minutes later you can only build a siege tank and another trike, can be hard trying to help the Atreides and defending yourself.

You can cheat, just need restart game when will be MCV.

18 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

You can cheat, just need restart game when will be MCV.

But Cheat should not be require to win a map, also think that not everyone knows exactly how the game works. Maybe an anonimous player start, he don't get the MCV until late (because was in grey for 6 minutes), and by the time he orderit, the enemy it's already to strong and get's killed.

This player will said "this is too hard, i quit" and never bother to play the map again. In reality he didn't loose because he played bad, but because he didn't know you are suppose to restart if the MCV it's not available at first.

You can give a try into the "rules" section in the editor. There are a few lines about the starpot; I think one of them can make the starport to have more units at the beginning or something like that. 

I tried in the past trying to make the starport to never increase the units (so you never could get anything), but maybe you can do the opposite, I don't know, worth at try if you want to explore that. the "increaseProb" it's the main line to check.

Edited by Cm_blast

19 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

You are right, but now should be fine with correction. Now you can protect yourself and Atreides.

Yes, with all those units recieved should be enough to make the map more fair.

I'll probably continue later with the next mission. At least Atreides were usefull in this mission 7, so I hope in the next missions my ally/es continue to help :P.

19 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

They should to help a bit :D In mission 9 Atreides will not be with you. But you will have a little help from Fremen. If enemies do not destroy the sietch. But the mission should be easy, only in beginning can be hard.

Mission 08 was easy. Atreides can defend themselves, and the Ordos have trouble moving, so I didn't have any trouble battling any Ordos I encounter in my way.

Mission 09 was weird. Suddenly an Ordos attack that killed all my units, but then reinforcements just in time to survive (but I lost a refinery by the time they arrive), and soon "We have to leave from this battlefield." Well, 7 minutes of helping Fremen, that's it xD. I was alone the whole game, but anyway, besides that first attack the rest of the map was easy, and with all the room available to build and harverst reaching 30.000 credits it's not a problem.

Mission 09 was weird. Suddenly an Ordos attack that killed all my units, but then reinforcements just in time to survive (but I lost a refinery by the time they arrive)

When I played your campaigns, for example Butlerian Jihad, I almost survived. Only one mission is not complete. For me is too hard. But my mission is easy to survive and protect Fremen. You need to try again. It's hard just the beginning.

Well, 7 minutes of helping Fremen, that's it xD. I was alone the whole game, but anyway, besides that first attack the rest of the map was easy, and with all the room available to build and harverst reaching 30.000 credits it's not a problem.

You can remain on this mission without any allies. But the mission 10 is not easy and you need allies. And you will receive free units (in missions 10, 11 and 12).

Edited by Dark Wesker

When I played your campaigns, for example Butlerian Jihad, I almost survived. Only one mission is not complete. For me is too hard. But my mission is easy to survive and protect Fremen. You need to try again. It's hard just the beginning.

I was writing and by accident I close this windown... well... I was about to said that the thing about your map it's the reinforcement for the player appear so quickly that I even though I was suppose to loose my initial units, and only surviving because my reinforcements arrive.

I didn't know I just played bad. I mean, it's not hard, not even in the beggining. The reinforcements for the player appears so fast that even loosing one refinery, loosing all my initial units and loosing my ally... and I wasn't even close to be defeated.

If the reinforcements for the players takes a bit longer to arrive, and I see how that Ordos wave defeat me I would think "Ok, I did bad; I'll try again the mission doing something different".

That happen to me in Mission 06. I build harverster, MCV, a ref... and then the enemy attack, I didn't have enough units, so I loose. I restarted the game, playing different (building several tanks and troopers before the MCV) and I win. However, here in your mission 09 I played (according to you) bad, but I never have trouble with the map.

If only those reinforcements given to the player took a bit longer to arrive, I, as a player, would be forced to play different. surviving for myself your first wave and then, a few minutes later, reciving a reward: several units under my control (which I'll use to defend for future enemy attacks).

But maybe you just wanted the mission to be this way (receiving units quickly); and that's fine with me, I only said was a bit weird to me because I got a reinforcements that help me with the current attack, even if I lost my units, one refinery and my ally. I didn't blame you for that.

And you will receive free units (in missions 10, 11 and 12).

Yaaay! I like how good that sound.

Edited by Cm_blast

11 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

But maybe you just wanted the mission to be this way (receiving units quickly); and that's fine with me, I only said was a bit weird to me because I got a reinforcements that help me with the current attack, even if I lost my units, one refinery and my ally. I didn't blame you for that.

You are right, I wanted. Just in case I did that and it had to help. And it helped you. That's good. :)

Yaaay! I like how good that sound.

But every 20 minutes.

That happen to me in Mission 06. I build harverster, MCV, a ref... and then the enemy attack, I didn't have enough units, so I loose. I restarted the game, playing different (building several tanks and troopers before the MCV) and I win. I didn't know I just played bad. I mean, it's not hard, not even in the beggining.

There are not many enemy units. But in the beginning you need first build units.

I didn't know I just played bad. I mean, it's not hard, not even in the beggining.

The first time is hard if you playing blind. For me this was your Harkonnen Family campaign, in mission 7.  I lost almost all units. I did not expect a quick attack (starting to play). I couldn't know anything. But everything was fine too. Your campaign also have reinforcements and it's possible to survive.

Edited by Dark Wesker

Played mission 10 and 11. The hardest part in mission 10 it's when your ally decide to send all the units to attack, so you need to protect him, but you really can't do anything to avoid that to happen.

And in mission 11. I was already expecting that first wave, so this time I build the barracks early. Now, It's a bit confusing facing a black enemy when the player it's also so dark. Sometimes I think a quad it's enemy but was mine, or I try to click a few of my troopers but they are from the enemy.

Now, there is a huge mistake in the events. When the Palace it's destroyed the game crash "too many deliveries". I checked in the editor; the flag 41 to call the event once it's missing, so that needs a fix ASAP.