Hard Times Narrow Guage(needs scenario)

Diablogrunt

This is my second revised map for those interested in creating their own scenario. All labels, stations, track, houses, and fixed industries were removed. Renamed the first 3 events. Left the massive number of events in place for revision or removal. Added back all the missing players, managers, and engines. I will be continuing my own scenario for this one, and most likely it will be renamed once I decide on what flavor the cities will be renamed as I have frequently done before.

Hard Times NG(needs scenario).MP2

3 hours ago, Diablogrunt said:

Left the massive number of events in place for revision or removal

Never remove events. The editor has a bug in it that will mess up the linkage between surviving neighbor-events and their effects whenever an event is deleted from the middle of the list.

Editing an event to become a trivial nothing is okay. Besides reducing them to nothingness, I like to mark dead events as multi-player only, which effectively negates them.

However, actually deleting an event corrupts the event list (screws up some pointers). Around the point of deletion, multiple events will end up pointing to the same effects. Once an event is corrupted, no known edit can repair it. It must be nullified and marked as forever unusable.

OK - I will take your word for it, but it seems to me that if all the remaining original events that are below my last revised event are changed to be nothing and then deleted there should not be a problem.

I have an inclination to play around with this map to see for myself what bad things can happen if I open the map in the editor, nullify and remove all events, clean the map of everything except cities, remove existing companies, and then start over.