Color Issues with Certain Armies

Rumpdebump

Hey everyone, Im having a bit of an issue regarding certain army colors looking incredibly distorted. The main armies (atreides, harkonnen, and ordos) look fine, along with the emperor, ixian, fremen, smuggler, and mercenary armies. However, the spacing guild, and the support armies (aka all the armies supporting the emperor in WOA Sandstorm Final Mission) appear to have a weird distorted color to them, almost technicolor-esque to them. As for installation purposes, all I have done was the base installation and had to allow directplay to be enabled ( I run on a Win 10). Other than that, the game runs great. Any support would be great!

On 26/9/2017 at 9:49 PM, Rumpdebump said:

Hey everyone, Im having a bit of an issue regarding certain army colors looking incredibly distorted. The main armies (atreides, harkonnen, and ordos) look fine, along with the emperor, ixian, fremen, smuggler, and mercenary armies. However, the spacing guild, and the support armies (aka all the armies supporting the emperor in WOA Sandstorm Final Mission) appear to have a weird distorted color to them, almost technicolor-esque to them. As for installation purposes, all I have done was the base installation and had to allow directplay to be enabled ( I run on a Win 10). Other than that, the game runs great. Any support would be great!

Nothing you can do about that.

The game has a file called "colour.bin". Back in time I open it with an online hex-editor, you can check this post:
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27380-coloursbin-research/ (there is an image, that'll help you to understand better).

If you look at the image you can see 16 lines. Every 2 lines represents the colours from Atreides, Harkonnen, Ordos, etc... so only the 8 original houses have good colours.

Feda and myselft tried to add other factions like the Spacing guild or the Tleilaxu, but since those are not official, we use an index different from 0-7 (Atreides-Sandworm); so the game go to the "colour.bin" and pick up 2 lines at "random" resulting in those distorting colours.

So don't worry. The colours from those "factions" are going to look weird always. It's just the limitations from the game.