[Release] Harkonnen: Reign of Evil Campaign

Dark Wesker

New my campaign. My campaign is different from the original. But the goal is the same as the original. This campaign have a lot missions (12) + versions (16) = 28 missions. Also I made music for this campaign. My campaign is nothing special, just can be too hard to play.

Spoiler

5Id9a67.jpg

QjkNvtB.jpg

K0j6Kqx.jpg

* Anyway, you can use my maps and music for your purposes or make any new changes to my campaign.

[UPDATED] DOWNLOAD

(UPDATED) Without music:

[Without music] Harkonnen Reign of Evil.zip

I forgot about the mission 1b:

HROE Mission 1b.zip

These missions had a problems 5a, 6a and 8a. But I fixed. I hope so. If something bad let me know.

HROE 5a6a8a.zip

Edited by Dark Wesker

Currently I tested b and c (the finale missions). And you can play them. But you can try the others. I uploaded it again because I needed to fix a little thing. But this is not a problem to play.

If you do not want to download again. Just change c fremen to 0 (side)  or leave itI also a bit edited text/message.

Edited by Dark Wesker

Ok, played the two versions of the first maps.

They are like the day and the night, lol. Mission 1a it's a very big empty area and 1b a small area with narrow corridors.

Map 1a you should gives some indications or using the "tile revealed"/"reveal map" combo just to help. Light infantry it's not a fast unit and they barely reveal the area around them; taking the base was easy, but the sandworm was a pain, since no other vehicles were present the sandworm was on my harverster, I lost a couple when they were almost full =(.

Now, the other map it's better for me, although you need to totally disable any reinforcement after the outpost it's destroyed, because yes, the final ultimate wave didn't appeared, but the others in interval yes so I was "he lied! more reinforcements are coming".

Attacking the outpost it's really hard, so I was wondering if really worth the effort, and more knowing that the enemy still will send reinforecements even if I risk my units.

The mission objectives are the same. Version a is easy/normal and b hard. The version b problem is sandworms and enemy.  Outpost is not necessary to be destroyed. But if you do not destroy it, it can be harder or maybe not.

Map 1a you should gives some indications or using the "tile revealed"/"reveal map" combo just to help. Light infantry it's not a fast unit and they barely reveal the area around them; taking the base was easy, but the sandworm was a pain, since no other vehicles were present the sandworm was on my harverster, I lost a couple when they were almost full =(.

Not always should be easy/simple. That was my idea. Dune must to be Dune. And the harvester needs to be protected.

* If the mission will look easy (on normal mode), then try on hard mode. My goal is to be possible to play on hard mode.

Edited by Dark Wesker

3 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

Outpost is not necessary to be destroyed. But if you do not destroy it, it can be harder or maybe not.

I know, but since you give this objetive my first option was to try it (If a map has a secondary objetive I try to do it always, even if it is not necesary).

Still, you should add the outpost condition on the intervals too, because you briefing said: "You can stop the reinforcement if you destroy the Outpost.", but when I did it and still enemies were coming, that's just a lie.

Not always should be easy/simple. That was my idea. Dune must to be Dune. And the harvester needs to be protected.

I just mean to place some details, don't need to add lots of things, but a rock here, a small rift there, or even some spice since there are so many sandworms in the open area placing some spice fit the map.

This is like playing the desert of King quest V: all looking the same and full of scorpions that kills you if you are close (yes, I never passed that part of that game =().

Well, hard to protect the harverster with 4 infantry and 1 trike. I use the trike placing him in the other way of the sand to decoy the sandworm. But I don't mind this; I just could get some reveal map when the player is near the base or something.

If you remember my first map in my Fremen campaign, the map it's just a road, so it's impossible to get lost, but even with this I add some reveal map to help the player to know what it's next.

Edited by Cm_blast

If you remember my first map in my Fremen campaign, the map it's just a road, so it's impossible to get lost, but even with this I add some reveal map to help the player to know what it's next.

Sorry, but everything has to be different from you. I'm doing to be more interesting. But if that's not interesting, then skip the mission/version.

* Otherwise, you can change or use my campaign (maps).

but when I did it and still enemies were coming, that's just a lie.

You're right, maybe it's my old mistake. I fixed. 

HROE Mission 1b.zip

By the way, you can play the mission 12 versions b, c, d and e. The only one left (a). It can take a long time with this. Because this should be a very hard version.

Edited by Dark Wesker

Sorry, but everything has to be different from you

I was only giving you an example of a map of mine. You can do it another way. For example if you don't want to simply said "go north", you can be criptic, like "if you see the crashed carryall, then you are near" or something like that.

Now, moving on the second mission. I skipped the version "a" because you already uploaded that single map early; map that I already played and beated.
Second version it's a bit unfair. The first infantry wave from nowhere appeared and destroy my silo. Since the only "weapon" it's the harverster and one was too far away while the other was attached droping the money by the time I tried to defend it was too late; I was forced to restart.

I have 3 options for you to be a bit more fair with the unknow player.
a) A very small initial force to explore my surroundings: 3 infantry, or 1 trike, or 1 infantry.
b) Revealing a bit the area around the base.
c) Split the wave into 2 with a few seconds of delay. The First wave with 2 infantry at 1500, and the second wave with 6 infantry at 1600 (4 seconds later) in the same position (for example, or the other way, the first 2 at 1400 and the other 6 at 1500).

This way, if I am given an infantry but I don't explore the surroundings, then it's my fault I didn't see the enemy coming and lost a building because of that.
If the map was revealed by you and instead looking around I am focusing on how beautifull my harversters are, then it's my fault I didn't see the enemy coming and lost a building because of that.
If I hear the "building under attack" and decide to not go with the harverster before the other 6 infantry appears, then it's my fault I lost a building because of that.

Or you can do other thing I didn't ever think of.

After losing my building, I restarted the map, but I couldn't beat it. I manage to survive one of the early trikes wave because they focused on the harverster so they barely fight back, but the second wave was too much and I lost the map again =(.

Edited by Cm_blast

If you beat the version a, the other is not necessary. Version b is very hard but it is possible to defend and beat this mission (I tested on hard mode). Harvester must to be used for crush Light Infantry. When I create my goal was to make a very complicated campaign. That's why it's so hard. And I would not change anything with her because it was not necessary. If it's very hard and impossible for you. You can go to the next mission. Or add units.

I tried again (but not until the end). There is one way, let the enemy to attack the harvester. Then you attack them.

4 images:

Spoiler

svWyGvu.jpg

mifQQtr.jpg

EyorTgG.jpg

8J5l4X5.jpg

Edited by Dark Wesker

1 hour ago, Dark Wesker said:

If you beat the version a, the other is not necessary

I know, but I usually want to try both.

Playing in hard makes no difference at all. In hard units costs more and takes more time to build, but since the map don't have anything to build (until the MCV appears) the beggining of the map it's played exactly the same in both normal and hard.

• 4 weeks later...

I had lots of trouble with my computer. I hope it's all fixed now, because I want to finish one campaign I am doing (I think overall you'll like it: good amount of initial credits and units, at least 2 or 3 reinforcements for the player, sometimes more, and being a Harkonnen one).

Also I want to play your's, since I manage to play the third mission, version a. I like the mission. Some events are a bit obscure and hard to trigger, but anyway, for now all good.

Nice to know.:)

I changed the index numbers for the missions 9b, 11a, 11b and 12d. And now AI can build devastators. The mission 11b for me is easy. So, I made it more harder.

Updated: HROE 9b11a11b12d.zip

But you can leave as it is.

* By the way, this campaign or missions is not the last.

Edited by Dark Wesker

Ok, I am done with my work, so I want to return to your campaign and continuing where I left. Mission 4.

But I am a bit confused. There is a "download" file, then the "without music..." then "HROE mission 12d", and several more spreaded in multiple posts.

Maybe you should edit the first post to upload a single file with all the stuff applied (or two if you want to separate "music" and "without music"). Or you are going to wait until it's fully finished to do it?

Thanks for posting about it. Because I made a mistake on mission 12d (HROE 9b11a11b12d). Everything is fixed and updated the first post (reuploaded files). I only forgot the mission 1b.

* By the way, if you want to be with my music. You must download the full version. Without music is no starting and conditions (only default music).

Edited by Dark Wesker

5 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

Thanks for posting about it. Because I made a mistake on mission 12d (HROE 9b11a11b12d). Everything is fixed and updated the first post (reuploaded files). I only forgot the mission 1b.

* By the way, if you want to be with my music. You must download the full version. Without music is no starting and conditions (only default music).

Good, I have the full version now. I'll restart playing where I left :P.

Let's see what surprises awaits me.

Ok, I am already into this campaign. The maps are long to beat, but that's fine. I think I took me 1 hour or so to beat the mission 4, but I enjoye it. At least the enemy it's not as defensive as your other campaign, so I like this one more.

Mission 4 was scary. Suddenly all those enemy waves out of nowhere. I was lucky to crush soldiers withouth too many casualties. But the sandworm hates me =(; I was figthing another big wave of tanks and the sandworm woke and eat 3 of my tanks; I barely survive there.

Mission 5 it's fine, but there is a problem with the alliances. You have like 3 opposite events about alliances, so the AI it's messe up. I survived until the arrive of the MCV. And then I deployed. Later several Ordos dropped near the smuggler base and start to attack the turret. The turret got destroyed but then the Ordos just stopped the attack and went against me, ignoring the rest of the smugglers.

Looking in the editor I know why, but it's confusing why the Ordos attacks the smuggler, then they are allies, then they fight again...

Mission 6 was fine too. I Stole refs, silos and was interesting how at first I was only to destroy the Enemy's base, but for some reason I had one eengineer in my group (probably one I didn't use to capture refs/silos), so I proceed to capture the Ordos CY, building my own starport.

The only wrong side here it's the message warning about the Ixian transports continue to appears even when there isn't any starport. You need to add the "building exist (Ordos starport)" condition into the message too; just for clarify to the player.

Edited by Cm_blast

Mission 4 was scary. Suddenly all those enemy waves out of nowhere. I was lucky to crush soldiers withouth too many casualties.

Will be more difficult missions. For example the mission 8a. But it's possible, I survived and beat on hard mode. For you can be impossible or maybe you will succeed to survive. 

Mission 5 it's fine, but there is a problem with the alliances. <...> Looking in the editor I know why, but it's confusing why the Ordos attacks the smuggler, then they are allies, then they fight again...

This mission is not perfect or very good. There is no more space to add flags. Alliance should be edited or deleted. Maybe someday I change the mission.

The only wrong side here it's the message warning about the Ixian transports continue to appears even when there isn't any starport. You need to add the "building exist (Ordos starport)" condition into the message too; just for clarify to the player.

Sorry if there are still problems. In other versions only the starports must be destroyed.

At least the enemy it's not as defensive as your other campaign, so I like this one more.

The enemy defense in the beginning is not high, but will be.

The mission 7a will be very long. It will need time to recover HP. But you can choose version b. You will have nine Devastators. Only problems can be sandworms.

And I'm glad if you enjoyed it :)

Edited by Dark Wesker

I win mission 8a. I'm glad at least you give a hint to the player; so I wasn't too surprise when the first wave destroyed me. Took me a couple of tries while I was figuring the best way to survive, but once I found it, the rest of the map didn't have too much trouble.

I only need to point that there is a group of Fremen that still spawn after the base has been destroyed. You already have a condition to spawn a Stealth one if the sietch exist, so you can add that condition into that spawn, because it's weird seeing some Fremens appearing for nowhere when the game said "Fremen has been annihilated!".

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

I win mission 8a. I'm glad at least you give a hint to the player; so I wasn't too surprise when the first wave destroyed me. Took me a couple of tries while I was figuring the best way to survive, but once I found it, the rest of the map didn't have too much trouble.

Good to know, congratulations :) 

2 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

I only need to point that there is a group of Fremen that still spawn after the base has been destroyed. You already have a condition to spawn a Stealth one if the sietch exist, so you can add that condition into that spawn, because it's weird seeing some Fremens appearing for nowhere when the game said "Fremen has been annihilated!".

I'm sorry for my mistakes. I fixed the missions 5a (i hope so), 6a and 8a - HROE 5a6a8a.zip Now 8a will be easier. Will not be many Fremen. If there are more mistakes, let me know. I will try to fix it.

I played mission 9 and I am halfway mission 10.

Mission 9 was good, mission 10 has too many enemies. I am not talking about attacks, but enemy bases. It's odd that in mission 9 the player recieves several reinforcements and lots of loop deliveries against one enemy, and then in mission 10 there are like 5 bases and the player doesn't get any help =(.