[Updated/Release] Ordos Remake Campaign by Dark Wesker

Dark Wesker

Updated

I updated my campaign. But firstthis campaign is similar to the original. Only more options and much more complicated. Some more, the missions have a choices - versions (a, b: 1-8; c and d: 9).

What's new?

- Everyone can Buy units (using starport);
- small changes (spice, messages, briefing...);
- new music;
- you can play for Sub-Houses (Mercenaries, Emperor, Fremen and Smugglers);
- the Mission 9d (you can use the power of the enemy);
-
Probably everything.

Download

Without music:

[Without music] Ordos Remake by Dark Wesker.zip

Edited by Dark Wesker

I played the first three missions, but only the "a" version since the two versions shares the same point (in another run I'll play the version "b").

Before saying anything: Are you planning to do any more changes or this is just "I remake this but don't want to touche it anymore"?.

I have a few suggestions, since for example in the second mission (version "a") is hard to tell what will happen at least you played before or you are the author. I mean, after doing the first part of the mission I was "now what?"

But if you only want to have the maps updated and nothing more I will skip suggestions and just focus on how I feel playing it.

Ps: One of your maps might have given me an idea.

Edited by Cm_blast

I just changed the maps, situations, more complexity but not anything more (story, etc...).  

Are you planning to do any more changes

My biggest changes is the strengthening of the enemies (their base). And allies. Also enemies will always have a harvester. If you try destroy all harvesters you will never destroy them. This is an old job, I did not have any other plans and now with this campaign. Except add more options or version. Version A is heavier or easier than B. For example mission 3 A is Easy but B is Hard. Mission 6 A more difficult than B. Missions 7 - 9 is not hard even if enemies defense is (very) high. Only mission 9b had to be very hard. If you try the old version and find out what's wrong. Maybe I or you could fix it. Whatever, I will try to create a new one. 

I have a few suggestions, since for example in the second mission (version "a") is hard to tell what will happen at least you played before or you are the author. I mean, after doing the first part of the mission I was "now what?"

Maybe you mean messages? I didn't do any messages. The second mission A is simple.  At first there was only a rescue operation and then usual situation. Version B is another choice to be a helper. It's just a mission choice and nothing more.

As I wrote I will not do anything else for this campaign. Except for versions (4b, 5b, 7b, 8b and 9b or more).

2 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

My biggest changes is the strengthening of the enemies (their base). And allies. Also enemies will always have a harvester. If you try destroy all harvesters you will never destroy them. This is an old job, I did not have any other plans and now with this campaign. Except add more options or version. Version A is heavier or easier than B. For example mission 3 A is Easy but B is Hard. Mission 6 A more difficult than B. Missions 7 - 9 is not hard even if enemies defense is (very) high. Only mission 9b had to be very hard. If you try the old version and find out what's wrong. Maybe I or you could fix it. Whatever, I will try to create a new one. 

Get it; good to know that you will work on something new.

2 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

Maybe you mean messages? I didn't do any messages. The second mission A is simple.  At first there was only a rescue operation and then usual situation.

Messages are not necessary, just an indication on the briefing itself like "start searching to the south of your position" to help to know where I should start searching. I died once trying to find the guy, because I didn't know where he is.

The briefing can also said "after rescuing the guy, Will send you a MCV to the west. Deploy it and destroy the Harkonnen". Because right now I heard the "reinforcements have arrived" dialoge but I don't know what units will land and where the carryall will land. Took me a while to found the MCV.

Overall I like the three mission I played.
First mission was interesting, although if a couple of troopers were given, or at least the AI didn't repair the building will be better (Ai repairing faster that you can damage).

The third mission is not a bad idea, but the money necessary is too much for a such low reward.
If you give me like 5-10 combat tanks saving money is worth it; or if it was 1 devastator alone that would worth it too.
The MCV is tempting (and I save money for that), but I could use all that money to build units and build the map normally. But anyway, I save money enough, deploy it and from there I win.

Oh, almost forget. in Third mission there is a harkonnen reinforcement with "(None)", so they land on the map but don't defend the base or attack the human. Don't know if that was on purpose, but I'll report just in case.

Edited by Cm_blast

Messages are not necessary, just an indication on the briefing itself like "start searching to the south of your position" to help to know where I should start searching. I died once trying to find the guy, because I didn't know where he is.

I forgot to inform about that. Sorry, maybe in the future I will correct it.

First mission was interesting, although if a couple of troopers were given, or at least the AI didn't repair the building will be better (Ai repairing faster that you can damage).

You need to play more slowly here and more careful.

The third mission is not a bad idea, but the money necessary is too much for a such low reward.
If you give me like 5-10 combat tanks saving money is worth it; or if it was 1 devastator alone that would worth it too.
The MCV is tempting (and I save money for that), but I could use all that money to build units and build the map normally. But anyway, I save money enough, deploy it and from there I win.

You're probably right. But that was the idea in the begining.

in Third mission there is a harkonnen reinforcement with "(None)", so they land on the map but don't defend the base or attack the human. Don't know if that was on purpose, but I'll report just in case.

They should have been in guard or maybe is my mistake. Thanks for reporting.  In the mission 3b too. But I left on the harvester. Where spice or near your base. 

I suggest to try one Harkonnen mission (too 2014 years) http://www.mediafire.com/file/w9ab5m758c08v74/Very_Hard_Harkonnen_Missions_2a.zip

This campaign is unfinished. But if someone want, can test 5 missions. Only old version - http://www.mediafire.com/file/gvg6jd1nbvutqtg/Harkonnen_Very_Hard_Missions_2014_(not_complete).zip

Jasper1993, not only, you can be anything. You need change SideId=*. 0 Atreides, 1 Harkonnen, 2 Ordos, 3 Emperor, 4 Fremen, 5 Smugglers and Mercenaries. One mission is missing. Original Ordos mission 4. I tested for Smugglers.

1 hour ago, Dark Wesker said:

I forgot to inform about that. Sorry, maybe in the future I will correct it.

It's ok, things happens; you are the owner, you know where the stuff is, so you don't need any indication. Is hard to think otherwise. As authors we always assume things.

1 hour ago, Dark Wesker said:

You need to play more slowly here and more careful.

Yeah, I know. In my run survived 3 Raiders and like 9 infantry, but even with that feels like forever to take the building. But still could take it at a good pace.
But in term of a game. If there isn't any other enemy to defeat (except the harverster itself), so I cannot loose and the game don't said I fail, then is a bit weird thinking "well, I didn't fail, but I fail".

Anyway, controlling the units is a bit hard xD. You give the attack order to 2 units but the one behing keeps pushing his teammate (and this one getting killed because is not shooting). 

47 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

I suggest to try one Harkonnen mission (too 2014 years)

I download it, I will have it with the others to play later, but first your campaign :P.
The Emperor's ones are just the original maps but with more enemies/Ais, Right?

1 hour ago, Jasper1993 said:

Great remake however if its possible can you switch it so that you play as the mercenaries 

With the editor you can do it. If you are saying "I want to play this maps but as the mercenaries", then you need to do two steps.
1: Disabling the AI to the merc --> AI enable 0 (in the AI tab it's the second line, and of course in the merc sub-tab).
2: Press "test" menu and then "launch with settins", there you choose mercenary and that's it.

Edited by Cm_blast

In my run survived 3 Raiders and like 9 infantry, but even with that feels like forever to take the building. But still could take it at a good pace.

These are not powerful units like quad and trooper. That's why it look so long.

The Emperor's ones are just the original maps but with more enemies/Ais, Right?

I edited the map, more size and enemies with an allied bases. More protection and forces. And one more enemies - House Ordos (only version B). They have a large base. In other words they are the main ones with Atreides. 

15 hours ago, Jasper1993 said:

id say yes but the editor i have isn't named that lol 

Well, it's called "Dune 2000 Map and Mission Editor".

I played mission 4 and half the mission 5.

Going to that blockade in mission 4 was hard for both sides xD. I was about to do the smuggler goal first, but I saw them having lots of units and the path too narrow, so I went againts the Harkonnen.

Mission 5 is hard! Without an outpost and the enemy attacking with 10 quads for one side, another 10 quads for another side, and other units attacking my starport; impossible to defend everything.

At the end I just build a repair pad so I could build another MCV and deploy it in the main base, since the other base was going to fall down anyway, even I wasted money on 1 ref and an order of some harversters, but I lost everything.

I saved the game after I finish to build the remain buildings, so now is about getting more money and defending my base.

Edited by Cm_blast

All my campaigns, when i created I testing only Hard mode. And it's possible. Yes, this is a hard mission if you play blind . What you need to know where reinforcements arrive and be ready. I'm going to make a video for this mission on hard mode soon. Mission 6a is harder. At least I think so. After a long time I did not succeed for this mission on normal mode.

Well, At the end didn't ended the mission 5. After reaching the money I forgot you also need to capture the enemy building. After taking the first two bases I skipped the rest and move on to the next mission. Too many enemies to destroy, the map not only is big enough, but on top of that there is no direct path to the Atreides base (which is hard to know that's the one having the Ix at least you destroy everyone else in your path).

I tried mission 6, well, the mission, but the map is even bigger. Althoug there are only 2 and a half enemies and lots of deliveries, but then the Harkonnen have 25 windraps. The Ordos combat tanks are so weak that they die just only by the debris of so many building (and that's not counting the 20 turrets the enemy have around the base) T_T.

Thank goodness you do not make the AI to use their starport.

Seems that the rest of the maps are all about big maps, lots of enemies and huge bases. Maybe I'll try because they are at least some mercs to help, but I don't know how to feel about those tons of buildings.

My Emperor's Return one is suppose to have a huge Atreides base because you are attacking their capital, but comparing it to your maps is pretty average.

I like to play more difficult (at least liked it), so I created this campaign similar to the original, but more difficult. As a creator it seems to me that's not very hard. But mission 6a is one of the hardest. Try version b, it should be easier and map not huge. And with mercenaries it should be easier. Because for them I gave power too. They receive a gift Deviator from House Ordos. Because they fight together.

windraps needed for base defense and without defense everything becomes easy. I don't like that.

27 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

I like to play more difficult (at least liked it), so I created this campaign similar to the original, but more difficult. As a creator it seems to me that's not very hard. But mission 6a is one of the hardest. Try version b, it should be easier and map not huge. And with mercenaries it should be easier. Because for them I gave power too. They receive a gift Deviator from House Ordos. Because they fight together.

There are ways to make a map hard without placing 5 enemies with 30 windtraps and 20 gun turrets. Tecnically that don't make the game hard, just to last longer. Those suddends drops with 20 quads and 10 tanks (like in mission 5) it's fine, if I am not to focus that attack can kill me.

33 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

windraps needed for base defense and without defense everything becomes easy. I don't like that.

Still, too many windtraps. The old editor didn't have it, so I can't blame you; the new editor can tell you exactly the energy X player have it. From now you can look at it to avoid too much building.

I mean, in mission 6 the Harkonnen have almost 180% energy. I can deleted 15 windtraps and they still have more than 100% of energy, enough to sustain the whole base.

Anyway, if you like this type of maps I suggest to you (if you didn't played) the "Emperor reign campaign by Sandworm", the "smuggle campaign by Rick Vorstenbosch", the "ordos campaign by Magier" or the three "Skorocel remakes" single maps. Those maps are not mine (but now work with the mission launcher) and use a similar style as your campaign, so you can play them (if you didn't before).

The last mission will have 3 versions (a, b and c). And I done it. I hope the mission 9c no more errors (untested). 9b was not any error for me when I tested on hard mode. So, who likes challenges, now you can play. Download - http://www.mediafire.com/file/vgzv3dtl66clty4/Ordos_Remake_9b_and_9c.zip

Difficulties:
9a - Normal or Hard
9b - Very Hard (terribly)
9c - Maybe a little bit easy than 9b.

I will not do of the 4b, 5b, 7b and 8b large maps. But who are and will remain. And the last mission must to be very difficult.

Still, too many windtraps. The old editor didn't have it, so I can't blame you; the new editor can tell you exactly the energy X player have it. From now you can look at it to avoid too much building.

I agree. But there should be a little more to stay that they do not lose energy so fast.

Anyway, if you like this type of maps I suggest to you (if you didn't played) the "Emperor reign campaign by Sandworm", the "smuggle campaign by Rick Vorstenbosch", the "ordos campaign by Magier" or the three "Skorocel remakes" single maps. Those maps are not mine (but now work with the mission launcher) and use a similar style as your campaign, so you can play them (if you didn't before).

I played something. But don't remember everything.

4 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

The last mission will have 3 versions (a, b and c). And I done it. I hope the mission 9c no more errors (untested). 9b was not any error for me when I tested on hard mode. So, who likes challenges, now you can play. Download -

Download it. Maybe I'll try on easy at least to check the overall map. I don't know.

For now I played the Harkonnen very hard. Well, was hard to navigate as your first Ordos map. I like the idea that, even when there is nothing to build, you can't just let your harversters to do his job freely because one block the other.

Said that. There is a new event supported with the new editor that you can use. It's the "Set cash", which changes the money of the player to the number you want.

For example, now you have the map this way:
When player reach 700 credits= reinforcements
When player reach 1400 credits= reinforcements.
etc...

Instead, you can do this:
When player reach 700 credits = reinforcements AND money to the player goes to 0 (as if you paid that money for the reinforcement).
When player reach 700 credits again = reinforcements AND again money to 0. (so overall you still need a total of 1400 credits to trigger both.

On top of that you can add a "Units purchased" message or something similar, fitting the idea that all the money you are getting is being used to bring reinforcements.

Ps: just be carefull with the "set cash" event (if you decide to use it in the future). 
A map with only refineries (as this single map of yours) does not create any problem by using this event.
A map with no refineries (but barracks/factories) does not create any problem by using this event.
A map with harverster dropping spice on the refs + barracks/factories building stuff it's going to crash the game.

Then there was no new version for editor. Thanks for information. I will try to change the settings. So far, it's just being developed (Harkonnen Very Hard missions). And I'm trying my maps/missions if something wrong I trying to fix it. Only occasionally it is not clear what kind of problem

Edited by Dark Wesker

I played the mission 7. The beginning is ok, although is weird the initial wait for having a MCV. If at least there is a chrono (or the briefing said something) and a Raider to start scouting the nearest spice are while waiting. But anyway, I manage to survive some of the attacks, building some troopers, a few tanks, the deviators help me with the devastators, loosing some harversters, building more... all fine.

I just wish that overall where less enemies to defeat at the end, or their bases were smaller and less defensive, so after the first 20-25 min (where you actually can loose), the rest of the map didn't take too much time to defeat (since at this point you are no going to loose anymore). Or even if I was the Harkonnen and Could rampage over the enemy with the Devastators.

But anyway. Saving the game and playing the rest the next day I could probably defeat the enemies remaining.

Ps: By the way. Did you know that the Emperor can't do the upgrades because the lack of money?
The Emperor starts with 1000 credits, and the AI always do the upgrades as fast as he can, without counting how many money left, so he start doing the Construction Yard upgrades (which cost 1000 credits), and try to start the barracks one. Because money is zero, the upgrade goes to a "hold" state. the AI doesn't know how to cancel and redo, so the Emperor never wil have troopers, quads or missile tanks.