[Updated/Release] Ordos Remake Campaign by Dark Wesker

Dark Wesker

I'm completely finished with this campaign. Now you can choose all missions versions/variants (1a and/or 1b, 2a and/or 2b, 3a and/or 3b, 4a and/or 4b, 5a and/or 5b, 6a and/or 6b, 7a and/or 7b, 8a and/or 8b, 9a, 9b and/or 9c). Download Full version - http://www.mediafire.com/file/c14n5wfw1za4tqw/[Full]_Ordos_Remake_by_Dark_Wesker.zip

Mission 7a is not very Hard. And waiting is not a problem. Mission 8a is more complicated (Death Hand & Ornithopter with Stealth Fremen). 

I played the mission 7. The beginning is ok, although is weird the initial wait for having a MCV. If at least there is a chrono (or the briefing said something) and a Raider to start scouting the nearest spice are while waiting.

It was an intention to wait. Do something different. In the old version you have no one unit in the beginning. I added to Gruntmods to be a mission fail, if you lose all the units. In my campaign is not the same as everyone.

Only the Atreides strong. And hard to defeat. The Harkonnen and Emperor with fremen it is nothing. Only in the beginning they annoying.

Did you know that the Emperor can't do the upgrades because the lack of money?

No, I don't know. Thanks for the information, but I will not change anything.  They have a starport and they can have them. Let this mission to be easy. But you can change if you want. In the Mission 8a they are more  serious and harder to defeat.

With the new editor I see what's bad. Emperor and Harkonnen can't used starport. Must to be "BuyUnits 1", right?  And then they use? So, I made it more difficult. 7a more money (Emperor&Harkonnen) and can use starport. And more...6b too can use starport (Even Emperor with Fremen, I think so ). - http://www.mediafire.com/file/j8d6qx27foqrp1l/Mission_6b_and_7a_harder.zip

Edited by Dark Wesker

18 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

It was an intention to wait. Do something different. In the old version you have no one unit in the beginning. I added to Gruntmods to be a mission fail, if you lose all the units. In my campaign is not the same as everyone.

I am not saying otherwise, but you need to give some tip at least. Just imagine (I know is hard to do when you are the author) that you don't know nothing about this map; was a map done for someone else.

You start with a light infantry and... "what I am suppose to do"?
I waited 5, 10, 15, 20 secs... nothing happens.
At near 30 seconds my first through was "Ok, the creator forget to place the CY or he just deleted the MCV by accident", so I minimize the game, open the editor and saw you are suppose to wait 40 seconds for the MCV to arrive.

I am not saying "I command you to drop the MCV now!" but:
This time we need mercenary help. And they our ally. But they fight for money and it costs a lot. Defend their base and protect their forces as they attack. The MCV will arrive in 40 seconds, wait for it. <-- this part, written in bolt is added by me.

Just a small indication to let the player to know that the MCV will arrive in 40 seconds, or "will arrive shortly" if you don't want to say numbers.

In the old version you have no one unit in the beginning. I added to Gruntmods to be a mission fail, if you lose all the units. In my campaign is not the same as everyone.

This hasn't really to do with old or new version. There is an even (both version) that said "mission fail" (loosing the map) trigger if the player don't have any buildings and units. But You can add to that the event "timer > 1500", so only the game will fail if you loose all your buildings, all your units AND the game went for more than 1 minute (by that time the MCV already arrive).

But I don't suggest you to do that, because if not units or buildings are present the initial screen (where the screen is at the very beginning of the game) will appear at a random location, maybe on top of the fog of war, making hard to find you or your ally.

With the new editor I see what's bad. Emperor and Harkonnen can't used starport. Must to be "BuyUnits 1", right?  And then they use? So, I made it more difficult. 7a more money (Emperor&Harkonnen) and can use starport. And more...6b too can use starport (Even Emperor with Fremen, I think so ). - http://www.mediafire.com/file/j8d6qx27foqrp1l/Mission_6b_and_7a_harder.zip

You are right, that set to 1 they order by their own. Just be carefull if you already created several "starport delivery" given for free to the AI. I mean, if you are giving units for free and on top of that he can buy even more, well, will be tough to defeat them. 

I don't mind if you give to the player some deliveries too. The Ordos combat tanks are weak and the lack of missile tanks makes hard to take all those turrets =(.

Ps: played mission 8. The initial/s wave caugh me off guard, but I was luck enough to have a tank exploring the area, so the assault get spliited and could take them easily.

Edited by Cm_blast

Just a small indication to let the player to know that the MCV will arrive in 40 seconds, or "will arrive shortly" if you don't want to say numbers.

Ok you're right. It was necessary to write this information. But I will not fix it, too late. Everyone has any bugs. For example "War of Assassins" Does not have mission win and/or fail (I wasted a lot of time for nothing) Has not been corrected (maybe I'm wrong? All this was with Gruntmods Edition)...and etc....

But You can add to that the event "timer > 1500", so only the game will fail if you loose all your buildings, all your units AND the game went for more than 1 minute (by that time the MCV already arrive).

I don't understand this yet. But maybe I'll figure it out.

You are right, that set to 1 they order by their own. Just be carefull if you already created several "starport delivery" given for free to the AI. I mean, if you are giving units for free and on top of that he can buy even more, well, will be tough to defeat them. 

I know that. 6b given for free only Fremen and Emperor. But money them is very limit.

I don't mind if you give to the player some deliveries too. The Ordos combat tanks are weak and the lack of missile tanks makes hard to take all those turrets =(.

That's why allies get for free to much units. In the Mission 7b and 8b the Mercenaries do not get, but you get.

Ok, I fixed it (7a):
Full - http://www.mediafire.com/file/c14n5wfw1za4tqw/[Full]_Ordos_Remake_by_Dark_Wesker.zip
7a - http://www.mediafire.com/file/rc4u25pb53ofllz/7a.zip

or

7a.zip

Edited by Dark Wesker

I finished the campaign.

I think you should know, for future creations: The AI has a proportion of the units he builds, this is a 1:1 proportion, so if the Atreides have 1 combat tank, he will build 1 trooper, 1 siege tank, 1 sonic tank... and won't build a new combat tank until them.

Just to said you that if you give to the ally of the player several tanks around the walls, that AI is not going to build tanks anymore, because if there is 4 combat tanks and 4 siege tanks that you placed manually, the AI first will build 4 light infantry, 4 troopers, 4 quads...

I created the extra mission "Time to blow up" - http://www.mediafire.com/file/b7k2snm6ep4a3k1/Ordos_Remake_Extra_Mission.zip

The mission objective is blow up the three buildings.

* Just don't look at the map. Otherwise it will not make sense.

The mission difficulty:

- Hard or Very Hard (Blind)
- Easy or Normal (if you looked at the map or maybe you are lucky).

--------

New project is The Harkonnen ("Reign of Evil") campaign. Will be:

- Much more missions than 9
- Each mission will have a versions
- Much more music
- And much more difficult

I still have the Atreides campaign. But much needs to be changed. But I don't know if I will do anything.

Edited by Dark Wesker

Played your saboteur map, well, it's just a "trial and error" type of map. Once you know where the buildings are the mission is really easy.

Now, the Fight for Emperor A. Your ally don't buy units so that building is useless.

The mission was easy, but I miss having at least a few fast units to scout the area so I can see where I should deploy the harverster in the first minutes of the game.

Anyway; I couldn't beat the map because the game crashed.

I don't even know what the text means, but I think has to do with the AI having too much trouble to reach the player. I reloaded my save (like 5-10 min before the crash) and I can see the "Emperor side" having a good amount of tanks, and since there is barely room to move all those units when attacking the player (plus the extra deliveries you given) that makes the AI to crash.

You need to help the AI to move their units. Removing walls, or rifts, or something. I don't know.

Edited by Cm_blast

Played your saboteur map, well, it's just a "trial and error" type of map. Once you know where the buildings are the mission is really easy.

It's true. The mission just for fun. Try until you succeed.

Now, the Fight for Emperor A. Your ally don't buy units so that building is useless.

Again it was done on an old editor. Well, will need to make corrections.

Anyway; I couldn't beat the map because the game crashed.

Strange, was not errors for me. Or maybe the mistake is that then I added the Heavy Factory for fremens in small area ( I do not remember or tried it) Maybe I will expand the places.

The mission was easy, but I miss having at least a few fast units to scout the area so I can see where I should deploy the harverster in the first minutes of the game.

Because it's easy. I don't think it necessary. But in the future maybe I give the fast unit.

49 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

Again it was done on an old editor. Well, will need to make corrections.

If you update that map you can also change the control Harkonnen/Emperor, so in the launcher is in the Emperor group of missions. There is in the editor a menu "map" - "change structure owner", so you can make the emperor side being another side so the player now can truly be Emperor.

53 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

Because it's easy. I don't think it necessary. But in the future maybe I give the fast unit.

Fair enough.

8 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

I updated my campaign.

- Everyone can Buy units (using starport);
- small changes (spice, messages, briefing...);
- new music;
- you can play for Sub-Houses (Mercenaries, Emperor, Fremen and Smugglers);
- the Mission 9d (you can use the power of the enemy);
-
Probably everything.

Download

Just being curious. There is any new reinforcements for the player?.

I remember some maps hard to beat an enemy because the AI being so defensive or having like 15 turrets. Now that they buy stuff from the starport that'll make even harder to destroy the bases, and even harder to defend yourself since now those Ai's buying stuff will attack with at least 10-15 units more per wave (plus the deliveries for free you are giving to them on top of be able to buy manually more).

Edited by Cm_blast

There is any new reinforcements for the player?

No (a bit 6a) , but you can try the missions 7b and 8b.  You will have a lot reinforcements.

Now that they buy stuff from the starport that'll make even harder to destroy the bases, and even harder to defend yourself since now those Ai's buying stuff will attack with at least 10-15 units more per wave (plus the deliveries for free you are giving to them on top of be able to buy manually more).

Yes, my campaign is now harder. But now you can play for sub-housesShould be easier.:)

• 5 years later...

I just played through your whole campaign including the subhouses. You did a great job and the improvements mentioned here are spot-on. I really enjoyed the difficulty and was only able to win by land grabbing and baiting beserks to empty out the AI bases. Was only able to do that at all by using my AI ally as cover. Then I had a blast treating the AI to pieces in less than 20 minutes from the endless ally onslaught. I had a great time even 6 years later. Thank you for a fun and entertaining 4 weeks.

I have a couple bugs to report: 5a - freeze when capturing startport area  - either at attack of turrets or capturing of peripheral buildings.

7a - initial 3 trike drop, when baiting to merc turrets for destruction. the fired missiles from the turrets results in a freeze. 

Edited by armorlord