[WIP] Harkonnen Campaign progress thread

Fey

Just now, Cm_blast said:

To me the remplacement it's just as a failsafe. A sandworm eating the Ai harverster and it's doom. But in later levels he can just build more as needed.

And the player can harass the AI with or without remplacements anyway.

And no, for today I am not going to look at the editor any more. I'll rest instead.

Right, that makes sense.

Yeah, but the player can completely destroy the enemy's economy with no chance of recovery with enough persistence :P So I keep the failsafe!

No worries, mate! Rest well, and thanks for the help.

9 hours ago, Fey said:

Yeah, but the player can completely destroy the enemy's economy with no chance of recovery with enough persistence :P So I keep the failsafe!

I do that too. If there is room then I just use it. If I need room I remove if the AI have like 3 refs or something like that. By the time the player kill all the harversters and wait until the Ai depleted his money on harversters the game was won anyway.

your welcome.

Edited by Cm_blast

On 10/4/2017 at 8:15 AM, Cm_blast said:

I do that too. If there is room then I just use it. If I need room I remove if the AI have like 3 refs or something like that. By the time the player kill all the harversters and wait until the Ai depleted his money on harversters the game was won anyway.

Right.

By the way, I just modded the, uhh... mod, a little bit. Why didn't anyone tell me Quads were underpowered as hell? :P They've received a 50% damage boost and 10% HP boost. Siege Tanks have received a 50% HP boost, and cost 200 additional Solaris, and there were a few minor tweaks with warhead damage, slightly nerfing this or that, or buffing this or that.

I did some testing. These aren't all of the tests, not by a long shot, but check 'em out:
Missile Tanks vs Trikes:

Looks about right.

Missile Tanks vs Raiders:

Raiders are slightly more effective.

Missile Tanks vs Siege Tanks:

This fight ended up with all units destroyed. Siege Tanks cancelled out Missile Tanks, and vice versa. I got a chuckle out of that.

Missile Tanks vs Combat Tanks:

Tank destroyers. All three Combat Tank variants could only take these to 50% HP, so that's perfect.

Combat Tanks vs Quads:

All three Combat Tank variants were taken to 50% by Quads.

Anyway, Quads are no longer useless. I haven't updated any files yet, since I'm still testing on campaign missions to be sure, but you wanna check out the unit balance and see how the new Quads feel?

Edited by Fey
Attachments removed; out of space for new uploads.

2 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

By the way Fey, since you are editing a lot with Tibed. You have not thought about making the sietchs to create fremen in the tradicional way instead being generated with unit spawns?

I've made it so that if one has an Atreides Barracks, a tech level of 5, and a Sietch, one may train Fremen from the Barracks. Same thing with Imperial Sardaukar at TL5 if you have an Imperial Palace and Harkonnen Barracks.

@Cm_blast @Domaithianus
I worked up the briefings and a new map for the Harkonnen campaign. I also adjusted the mod, as y'all can see above.

H1V1, H1V2, H2V1, H2V2, H3V1, and H3V2 can all be found in the attached zip, linked here:
6 of 15 Hark.zip

As well as the new updates to the mod. The mod should work across ALL campaigns, so it's meant to be balanced within the smuggler campaign as well. If you ever revisit that campaign, or if you have yet to play through a couple of maps, I'd love to hear how the changes to the Quad and Siege Tank in particular affect the gameplay.

The Harkonnen campaign thus far makes use of defense areas to improve AI competence. The AI should defend Spice fields, critical weak points in their allies' bases, and ambush your forces in dunes. I'm curious about where this design technique can be applied to the smuggler campaign, so if you have any suggestions, please lemme know! All the maps were tested and beaten on hard mode at max speed.

Here's some info about H3V2:

Spoiler

Starting units: 4 Trikes, 2 Quads, 3 Grenadiers
Starting base: ConYard, Wind Trap x2, Refinery, Silo x2
Enemy AI: 4
Objectives: Destroy all hostile forces in Qanat Pass.
Unique aspects: Multiple practice AIs with strategic defense areas will reinforce the enemy position.
Fey's comments: This is the first map in the Harkonnen campaign where you see House Ordos. They have plenty of mercenary allies and will call for even more help over time, or if you get a little too close for comfort. The mercenary AIs have specific build orders meant to maximize their efficiency... like, the one on the east side will tech up to Light Factory first and put down two Refineries because they're a likely battle adversary aside from the Ordos themselves, and will need lots of funds and firepower to hold that position. The one on the west side will pump out infantry and assist in the defense of the Ordos' base entrance. The last mercenary AI, which starts with a base, will attack frequently in order to harass you. The battle may get hectic as you fight on many fronts, especially after you expand to the ruins of the initial mercenary AI's base, but focused attacks on specific enemy positions and on enemy Harvesters will break the enemy base to pieces. Moriaen will comment on the action, as will you after the Ordos have paid their dues, and De Vries will keep you informed on new developments throughout the battle.

Have fun!

Edit: I spotted an error in H1V2 where the fremen at the final sietch spawn atop the cliff. I'll take care of it later. And I should make the reinforcement on H2V1 for if you take out the S2 base first happen only if you've already built an Outpost... and I could have sworn I made the Imperials on H2V2 build units at a more reasonable rate that won't sink their Spice into the ground so quick...

Edited by Fey
Error spotting...

I am totally out for now. Finally the other hard drive start to do weird sounds, freezing and not initiating.

Now I have totally new Hard drive, but I am not totally sure about this. I am hearing some sound; people said those sounds are part of this model of hard drive, but I think I heard other type of sound... I am not even sure about that (I'm still restless right now), because maybe the whole computir is broken, so I am not going to download any updates because I feel I Am going to lost everything.

In fact. I can't even look right now at the "device administrator" (where you look the drivers and that type of stuff, but I could like 1 hour ago).

So for now I am not getting fun =(.

14 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

I am totally out for now. Finally the other hard drive start to do weird sounds, freezing and not initiating.

Now I have totally new Hard drive, but I am not totally sure about this. I am hearing some sound; people said those sounds are part of this model of hard drive, but I think I heard other type of sound... I am not even sure about that (I'm still restless right now), because maybe the whole computir is broken, so I am not going to download any updates because I feel I Am going to lost everything.

In fact. I can't even look right now at the "device administrator" (where you look the drivers and that type of stuff, but I could like 1 hour ago).

So for now I am not getting fun =(.

No worries, Cm. I hope you fix the problem!

@Cm_blast - Since you replied, I suppose you can still answer questions even if you can't play. Right?

I'm tinkering with tilesets at the moment, as you can see:

But I need to adjust the TileAtr data to fit with the new set. I saw a thread with the editor, but the download link was empty... I tried the current toolkit's version of the TileSet editor, but it just let me save the image into the game. I don't know how to modify the tiles within that image. Have you got the old version of the tileset editor, by any chance, or do you know how to work the new version? And on a related note, has anyone drawn up tilesets for Draconis IV or Geidi Prime?

Edit: Pardon me, I found a new working link and it has the functions I was looking at. I'll edit again if it works or doesn't :)

Edit 2: Looks like it's working. I can change how the tiles function, what's passable and what's not...

...but there are some funny visuals. Any way to get rid of these?

Edit 3: I worked up a test map for this tileset so we can play around with it a bit. It has a lot of the terrain implemented, like forests and lakes, and a weak Harkonnen AI on it. Tanks can move right alongside lakes, but it's been marked as "dunes" regions so they move slower. There are rocks for infantry and pathways where the rivers aren't so deep, and can be crossed.

Perhaps some sort of orange structure can be implemented, where the craters wouldn't look out of place, if fixing that is a serious hassle. I may also need to make the dirt roads unbuildable and just leave them in the middle of nowhere. Anyway, I uploaded the test... the .r8 and .r16 files should go in the "data" directory, TileAtr8 should go in "bin," and there are three mission files that of course go in "missions." Then, everything should work. Could someone confirm for me? Thanks!
TilesetTest.zip

Edit 4: So far, I've been unable to locate the graphic for craters. Anyone know where I can find it? Hopefully it's not a hassle to change...

Edited by Fey

On 10/10/2017 at 1:42 PM, Fey said:

Since you replied, I suppose you can still answer questions even if you can't play. Right?

Not really xD.

Well, Finally I took the computer to repair, but I am finally back. Seems that it was the power supply. Was failing so any hard disk was being turned off and on quickly every few minutes (or hours). Now I have a new one, and I really hope I can rest.

If it wasn't for all the trouble I should have my campaign released by now. Anyway. downloading right now gruntmod and start to giving use to this thing.

On 10/10/2017 at 1:42 PM, Fey said:

...but there are some funny visuals. Any way to get rid of these?

I don't know how to remove those. I remember trying back in time to replicate Dune 2 graphics, but the crates always look like that. There are online maps using Red alert tileset, but those still have the crates. Maybe the are integred in a .exe file or something like that. I have no idea.

51 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Not really xD.

Well, Finally I took the computer to repair, but I am finally back. Seems that it was the power supply. Was failing so any hard disk was being turned off and on quickly every few minutes (or hours). Now I have a new one, and I really hope I can rest.

If it wasn't for all the trouble I should have my campaign released by now. Anyway. downloading right now gruntmod and start to giving use to this thing.

I don't know how to remove those. I remember trying back in time to replicate Dune 2 graphics, but the crates always look like that. There are online maps using Red alert tileset, but those still have the crates. Maybe the are integred in a .exe file or something like that. I have no idea.

No worries, I'm glad you (hopefully) got the problem sorted. :)

So, if we were to create tilesets for grassy areas or whatever, we'd have to use bright orange platforms or something that could conceivably have the color orange beneath it. Okay, good to know. I'm just happy I got another tileset to work with Dune 2000, and that I found out how to customize the terrain's data to change where units can and cannot tread, although perhaps one of our map editor making friends would have an idea of where the crater data is stored...

I got working on H4V1 in the meantime. It's coming along. Aside from the tileset test map, H1V1 through H3V2 have been given some polish and released. Please do have a look when you get the chance, Cm!

11 minutes ago, Fey said:

No worries, I'm glad you (hopefully) got the problem sorted. :)

So, if we were to create tilesets for grassy areas or whatever, we'd have to use bright orange platforms or something that could conceivably have the color orange beneath it. Okay, good to know. I'm just happy I got another tileset to work with Dune 2000, and that I found out how to customize the terrain's data to change where units can and cannot tread, although perhaps one of our map editor making friends would have an idea of where the crater data is stored...

I got working on H4V1 in the meantime. It's coming along. Aside from the tileset test map, H1V1 through H3V2 have been given some polish and released. Please do have a look when you get the chance, Cm!

Yes, hopefully.

Maybe one day we can have custom crates, for now seeing how the thing works I am focusing in regular maps. In fact, I have that map where the player recieves X credits every few minutes, without any spice to harverst. I have this idea for a Draconis IV map, but I just turned it into a regular "no spice here".

If all goes well, I'll start with a general test with all my campaign (some of them are already in a good spot, others still need a bit of balance) and creating the unfinished missions, so I can start playing yours and the other campaign over there.

Just now, Cm_blast said:

Yes, hopefully.

Maybe one day we can have custom crates, for now seeing how the thing works I am focusing in regular maps. In fact, I have that map where the player recieves X credits every few minutes, without any spice to harverst. I have this idea for a Draconis IV map, but I just turned it into a regular "no spice here".

If all goes well, I'll start with a general test with all my campaign (some of them are already in a good spot, others still need a bit of balance) and creating the unfinished missions, so I can start playing yours and the other campaign over there.

Sounds good to me, man. I don't plan on doing a no-Spice thing, but limited resources could work! I design a lot of my maps with attentiveness to player aggression, enabling or even encouraging them to attack new locations early on. With the incentive of finding a new field of resources at a small enemy forward base, it could make for some fast-paced, fun maps. So the enemy doesn't eat up all the Spice too quickly, we could use allocation indexes, build rates, and infinite credits for the AI.

Speaking of other campaigns, I still have to give Domaithianus feedback on O6V3 through the end... but I've been using my free time for map design and video work. :P Soon! Soon...

4 minutes ago, Fey said:

Sounds good to me, man. I don't plan on doing a no-Spice thing, but limited resources could work! I design a lot of my maps with attentiveness to player aggression, enabling or even encouraging them to attack new locations early on. With the incentive of finding a new field of resources at a small enemy forward base, it could make for some fast-paced, fun maps. So the enemy doesn't eat up all the Spice too quickly, we could use allocation indexes, build rates, and infinite credits for the AI.

Speaking of other campaigns, I still have to give Domaithianus feedback on O6V3 through the end... but I've been using my free time for map design and video work. :P Soon! Soon...

Sometimes I like to try new ideas. For example that mercenary map where it's the player who choose the side to ally, not the game or the briefing; and based on that the player start with different initial money, specific reinforcements at bigger/smaller loops... things like that.

I remember thinking a map where the player harverst X credits to recieve extra harverters, then X credits for increasing your tech, recieving MCV, revealing the map, etc... but at the end I didn't like this.

well, with 99.999.99 credits the AI it's infinite anyway. The game should last for like 20 hours just to spend all that.

Just now, Cm_blast said:

Sometimes I like to try new ideas. For example that mercenary map where it's the player who choose the side to ally, not the game or the briefing; and based on that the player start with different initial money, specific reinforcements at bigger/smaller loops... things like that.

I remember thinking a map where the player harverst X credits to recieve extra harverters, then X credits for increasing your tech, recieving MCV, revealing the map, etc... but at the end I didn't like this.

well, with 99.999.99 credits the AI it's infinite anyway. The game should last for like 20 hours just to spend all that.

Yeah, that's what I mean with the infinite Spice. And I was thinking of playing around more with the tech level thing! I used it once already in S6V1 when the Ordos get their first delivery. It boosts their tech level so they start building Deviators out of their Heavy Factory, and then use those weapons against their normal targets.

So far I'm obviously really fond of using alliances and multiple AIs. Gunseng's going to be assisting Krillys personally in H4V1, HBON, and H5V1. I do want to use more reinforcements in my maps, I already started playing around with that in H3V1 and H3V2.

New map complete!

H4V1, HBON, and H5V1 will follow the Harkonnen attack on an Atreides armor depot. H4V1, the push into deeper Atreides territory, is the only one of the three done right now. HBON will follow a one-off Atreides field commander who gets tasked with organizing the defense at the sudden new front lines, as Harkonnen forces continue their relentless invasion, and H5V1 will see the destruction of the massed Atreides armor... with a twist!

The same version of the mod in the last update is included in this zip. The map's been completed on hard mode and thoroughly tested, but if I missed something, or if you have any recommendations, please do reply to this thread! I still need feedback on H1V1, H1V2, H2V1, H2V2, H3V1, and H3V2 as well.
H4V1.zip

Details below:

Spoiler

HARKONNEN 04: Armored Assault
The Atreides are massing armor in an attempt to flank and destroy your forces during the attack on the Atreides capital territory. A pre-emptive strike on Bled el-Hajra will throw a wrench in their last resort efforts. However, to get there, you'll need to head through Atreides-occupied Tsimpo Heights. Your bloodthirsty men are prepared for the long skirmish, but are you, Commander?

Thirty Combat Tanks will be sufficient to spearhead the assault into this territory. Phase one will see you take half those tanks and trash the eastern Atreides forward base. Gunseng will tackle the western. Build up significant production capabilities and defend Gunseng's elite guard, then push through the primary Atreides position to claim victory!

Your chances of success in phase one are dubious. The desperate Atreides forces are doing all they can to defend against you. Should Gunseng fail, you will need to cover his losses and finish the western base so he may land his own MCV. If he sets up before you do, he'll tell you to hurry up. After your construction efforts are underway, the Atreides commander will use his initial military strength in an attempt to hold midfield. Don't allow him to divide you from your ally!

Gunseng isn't even close to a useless AI on this map, by the way. His forces ended up surpassing mine. Perhaps it was because on hard mode my production is limited, and I dunno if the AI is at normal strength or what on hard mode, but that was the case, so. He might need a little aid during the early stages of the map, but once he gets started, his build order and unit efficiency is optimized as heck. In contrast, I was pretty neck-and-neck with him on the normal test runs...

Good luck.

Have fun. :)

Edited by Fey

I give a quick look to the spoiler, but not too much.

Answering you: the AI plays the same whatever it's normal or hard. Only the player it's the one handicapped, increasing the cost and delay to build units.

In easy the AI have all the reinforcements (and deliveries) cut in half. I think in easy the AI don't use the starport, since those are cutted in half too.

So, a map where the player don't build anything (Like my Fremen campaign) will be played the same in normal or hard.

49 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

I give a quick look to the spoiler, but not too much.

Answering you: the AI plays the same whatever it's normal or hard. Only the player it's the one handicapped, increasing the cost and delay to build units.

In easy the AI have all the reinforcements (and deliveries) cut in half. I think in easy the AI don't use the starport, since those are cutted in half too.

So, a map where the player don't build anything (Like my Fremen campaign) will be played the same in normal or hard.

Ah, great, that confirms it. Thanks, Cm.

I've already started working on HBON.

Bonus level finished.

Since it's a bonus level, it's different from the Harkonnen levels thus far. It was designed from scratch, rather than built off the original Harkonnen campaign map, and it's significantly harder than any of the maps in the campaign thus far. Although it's been tested and beaten, it's still a work in progress, so please do give me some feedback on what I should add, remove, or change! Thanks.

Either hold the Harkonnen back for an hour, or defeat them. Good luck.
H5B1.zip

Details below:

Spoiler

Your forces are scrambling to hold back the Harkonnen assault. Given that your superiors died at Tsimpo Heights, you're tasked with organizing the defense at the sudden new front lines. The Harkonnen will be descending the cliffs to Bled el-Hajra, but don't think you'll have it easy just because choke points are plentiful. Krillys and Gunseng are commanding the Harkonnen forces together. Their invasion forces are massive, and should you give them an inch, they will take a mile. Don't give them an inch.

First Lieutenant Laskos pilots a Sonic Tank during this mission. It's the only siege weapon you'll get aside from Grenadiers, so use it well. Remember, Sonic Tanks' damage is affected by distance! If you position Laskos behind Medium Gun Turrets, his weapon will hardly damage the turrets, but the Harkonnen Combat Tanks beyond will eat the deadly blast wave.

The best advice I have for this map is to keep reserve forces in every base in case they divert some infantry through the passages, and you should make very good use of Troopers, Grenadiers, and Infantry Rock. It would also pay off to strike down Harkonnen or Elite Guard Harvesters! As usual, the vast majority of the enemy's forces will come from their own production, although they do eventually receive some reinforcements, and their initial MCVs are covered by enough reinforcements to blow whatever you can scrounge up back to the stone age.

Harkonnen production is very optimized, and while Krillys techs into infantry and light vehicles first for quick production, Gunseng goes straight into tanks. With Krillys guarding his base, you won't be able to stop him from teching up very easily. Eventually, they'll send a LOT at you. Not enough that you can't fend them off with some half-decent production of your own, of course.

I'm trying to think of more ways to spice up the map, but for now, this is what it is.

The only freebie you'll get is an extra MCV after the Harkonnen wreck your initial starting position. Use it wisely. On the plus side, if you lose THAT MCV as well, you're able to build more on this map, so you can replace it yourself.

Edit: By the way, Cm, if you're peeking here, I customized the build orders myself for the Harkonnen and Elite Guard AIs. There are three sorts - two super strong AIs with extremely good production and economy first appear at your initial position. If the Harkonnen take the bottom right, two medium-strength AIs show up that place some turrets and have better than average production for an AI. The easiest AIs show up if the others take the bottom left base. Here's the rundown for the first two AIs' build orders, with ratio calculations:

Spoiler

Krillys 01:
9.99900 - Wind Trap 1
5.99900 - Barracks 1
5.00200 - Refinery 1

4.99950 - Wind Trap 2
4.30000 - Light Factory 1
3.99900 - Outpost

3.33300 - Wind Trap 3
2.99950 - Barracks 2
2.50100 - Refinery 2

2.49975 - Wind Trap 4
2.39900 - Heavy Factory 1
2.15000 - Light Factory 2

1.99980 - Wind Trap 5
1.99967 - Barracks 3
1.70000 - High Tech Factory
1.66733 - Refinery 3

1.66650 - Wind Trap 6
1.43333 - Light Factory 3
1.43000 - Repair Pad

1.42843 - Wind Trap 7

1.24988 - Wind Trap 8
1.19950 - Heavy Factory 2

1.11100 - Wind Trap 9
1.00000 - Medium Gun Turret 1

0.99900 - Wind Trap 10
0.79967 - Heavy Factory 3
0.50000 - Medium Gun Turret 2
0.25000 - Medium Gun Turret 3
0.12500 - Medium Gun Turret 4
0.01000 - Silox6

Spoiler

Gunseng 01:
9.99900 - Wind Trap 1
6.66700 - Refinery 1

4.99950 - Wind Trap 2
4.99900 - Heavy Factory 1
3.33350 - Refinery 2
3.33400 - Barracks 1

3.33300 - Wind Trap 3
3.33200 - Light Factory 1

2.49975 - Wind Trap 4
2.49950 - Heavy Factory 2
2.22233 - Refinery 3

1.99980 - Wind Trap 5
1.70000 - Outpost
1.66700 - Barracks 2

1.66650 - Wind Trap 6
1.66633 - Heavy Factory 3
1.66600 - Light Factory 2

1.42843 - Wind Trap 7
1.40000 - High Tech Factory
1.30000 - Repair Pad

1.24988 - Wind Trap 8
1.11133 - Barracks 3

1.11100 - Wind Trap 9
1.11067 - Light Factory 3
1.00000 - Medium Gun Turret 1

0.99900 - Wind Trap 10
0.50000 - Medium Gun Turret 2
0.25000 - Medium Gun Turret 3
0.12500 - Medium Gun Turret 4
0.01000 - Silox6

Just in case you're interested in using one of these, or something. As you can see, Krillys (red Harkonnen AI) uses initial funds for the Barracks. He'll train Light Infantry and Grenadiers in particular, since it's otherwise rather easy to Trooper rush the enemy, given how much you start with. Anyway, this means Krillys gets his economy going more slowly, but he can offer security to himself and Gunseng early on. Gunseng (black Harkonnen AI) on the other hand goes into the Heavy Factory first, and since he's inclined to train Troopers over Light Infantry or Grenadiers, his Barracks will contribute to security against a vehicle rush, which would take too much time to get started on this map regardless. Pretty neat, eh? Maybe with a little more adjustment I can reduce the AI's starting units. It's just, after their initial tank rush (which is easy to stop with Troopers at the first choke point), they're pretty defenseless. With that great unit variety and the defense areas set up, obliterating them before they get the chance to start becomes difficult.

Have fun. :)

Edited by Fey

How you calculate those ratios to know the order?

The last time I try to change one AI to do an specific order he went out of energy when the starport (or Ix, don't remember wich one) is placed (I let the AI to do that "mistake", so works as a slowdown for that Ai at that moment to give the player some time to recover).

1 hour ago, Cm_blast said:

How you calculate those ratios to know the order?

The last time I try to change one AI to do an specific order he went out of energy when the starport (or Ix, don't remember wich one) is placed (I let the AI to do that "mistake", so works as a slowdown for that Ai at that moment to give the player some time to recover).

Divide the ratio by the number of buildings you want. For example, the seventh Wind Trap if the first has a ratio of 9.999 is (rounded to) 1.42843. So if you give a structure that you only want to build once - like a Starport - a build ratio of 1.428, it will be built after the seventh Wind Trap.

Doing multiples of several structures is a little more tricky. If you want two Refineries, you have to know when the AI will build them so you don't put too many buildings between Wind Traps. For three Barracks with a build ratio of 3.334, divide 3.334 by 2 and then divide 3.334 by 3. You'll get 1.667 and 1.11133333333333etc. Assuming the Wind Traps are set to 9.999, the Barracks will be built after Wind Traps 2, 5, and 8.

I did the calculations so I could make sure it wouldn't screw up the power, given there were so many buildings the AI was going to place, then placed the buildings in the order I drew up in the editor just to make sure it didn't take the power down.

26 minutes ago, Fey said:

Divide the ratio by the number of buildings you want. For example, the seventh Wind Trap if the first has a ratio of 9.999 is (rounded to) 1.42843. So if you give a structure that you only want to build once - like a Starport - a build ratio of 1.428, it will be built after the seventh Wind Trap.

Doing multiples of several structures is a little more tricky. If you want two Refineries, you have to know when the AI will build them so you don't put too many buildings between Wind Traps. For three Barracks with a build ratio of 3.334, divide 3.334 by 2 and then divide 3.334 by 3. You'll get 1.667 and 1.11133333333333etc. Assuming the Wind Traps are set to 9.999, the Barracks will be built after Wind Traps 2, 5, and 8.

I did the calculations so I could make sure it wouldn't screw up the power, given there were so many buildings the AI was going to place, then placed the buildings in the order I drew up in the editor just to make sure it didn't take the power down.

Thanks. I think I get it.

Usually using the default/gerenic the AI has no trouble with power. In fact, I think sometimes he can loose 2 windtraps and still has enough power, but builds another windtrap more instead the next big building.

But since my map was a 1 vs 1 duel where both players starts the same way (units, CY, no reinforcements) that was too slow against a human, so I changed it. I don't remember the numbers, but was something like "windtrap ratio 6.000= 4 windtraps more that needed; too slow" and then "windtraps ratio 5.5000 = low power" and I was "Why!?"

I won't change that AI because it's a old campaign, and besides that AI "Cheat" so I just turned it in a aggresive type of AI which focus on build and attack more than harverst, so in the mid run the AI will be low of energy for a while and won't have enough money to continue to build non-stop, so the player can recover and finish the map already.

3 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Thanks. I think I get it.

Usually using the default/gerenic the AI has no trouble with power. In fact, I think sometimes he can loose 2 windtraps and still has enough power, but builds another windtrap more instead the next big building.

But since my map was a 1 vs 1 duel where both players starts the same way (units, CY, no reinforcements) that was too slow against a human, so I changed it. I don't remember the numbers, but was something like "windtrap ratio 6.000= 4 windtraps more that needed; too slow" and then "windtraps ratio 5.5000 = low power" and I was "Why!?"

I won't change that AI because it's a old campaign, and besides that AI "Cheat" so I just turned it in a aggresive type of AI which focus on build and attack more than harverst, so in the mid run the AI will be low of energy for a while and won't have enough money to continue to build non-stop, so the player can recover and finish the map already.

Yeah, of course. Hopefully in the future it'll be helpful?

It's been fun watching the AI go ham on stuff.

1 minute ago, Fey said:

Yeah, of course. Hopefully in the future it'll be helpful?

It's been fun watching the AI go ham on stuff.

Totally.

I hope someday we found way to avoid the AI to go all-in, like with the defence area. I have a map and sometimes, because my ally attacks they stop defending and just "suicide" in a attack. I am going to use this behaviour as a feature like "The enemy will defend, but if they see they can't win, they may try to all-in in you".

10 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Totally.

I hope someday we found way to avoid the AI to go all-in, like with the defence area. I have a map and sometimes, because my ally attacks they stop defending and just "suicide" in a attack. I am going to use this behaviour as a feature like "The enemy will defend, but if they see they can't win, they may try to all-in in you".

Unlike the berserk event? How do you mean? :O