[Release] Ixian Campaign - Masters of Technology

Cm_blast

STORY:
This campaign simply use the basic story of conquering Dune but with the adition of the Ixian faction in control by the player with some presence of Tleilaxu into the game.
However, the landscape will drastically change when a new rule it's implemented; this rules forbid to anybody to use their heavy armory to crush infantry, this means that any side will make use of any anti-infantry weaponry to stop waves of enemy troopers or even infantry, since now they can kill easily some of the most expensive vehicles.

THEME:
The Ixians were always about amazing researches of technology; so the player it's going to be given the tech advance from the most part of the game. Build tanks when others can only attack with quads and you will feel the difference in power of both sides... or mass produce troopers to destroy any enemy vehicle that try to launch at you before the siege tank appears on the game.
Ixian has a so high technolgy, that they will skip completely the production of light vehicles and light factories in exchange for a new Ixian Factory, capable of producing much more stronger tanks.
Player will notice the advantages of being given units that the enemy AI can't produce yet.

ALTERING WITH TIBED:
All the detalied info about the modified Tech tree is on a ".txt" note, but as a summary, I can tell you a few alterations:
- The player can't build the Light Factory, but in his place now you will build a "new" building called "Ixian Factory". This new factory is necessary to build Deviator, Sonic Tank and Devastator (only the player can build this) and using a separated queue (you can build a combat tank and a Sonic Tank at the same time).
- Player will build the High Tech Factory, although looks like the Atreides one. Both Carryall and airstrike are available.
- MCV can't be builded, but the Starport offers the regular stuff (trikes, MCV, carryall, etc) more CY can be deployed.
- Not for the player, but the Sietchs now actually can spawn units like the barracks (the sietch stands of his own).
- FOOT UNITS CAN'T BE CRUSHED BY TANKS. ; use your Infantry, Siege tanks or Sonic Tanks to kill troopers more easily. Player can also abuse this by training infantry and killing enemy missile tanks easily.
- The Atreides still have the regular Light factory and original Atreides Combat Tank, so they behave like normal.

TEXT.UIB
In the zip I added a Text.uib called "TextIxENG.uib", don't forget to apply this file so in the game appears "Ixian Factory" instead "Light Factory". This will affect the enemy, but since the game called "enemy building" doesn't matter. Now, if you capture a Light factory will be called "Ixian Factory" too, but don't get it wrong, Trikes and Quads will share the same queue as your Deviator/Devastators, so don't really worth it.

58eaabb692a5b_IxTechnology1.PNG.b18c876cdc1ee25aaeb0eb7996ac17da.PNG58eaabb9653d9_IxTechnology2.PNG.b53a5da42960ca0ed436f068285b45f3.PNG58eaabbcbf2fe_IxTechnology3.PNG.6bf63776ac1dea758ee0e7493626a342.PNG

FILE:
IX Masters of Technology.rar

HOW TO INSTALL:
Unzip the file and copy every folder into the root of the game.
Any folders included will go to the path that it is suppose to go.
Do not copy any pgn (screenshots) nor the readme.txt (instructions).

Mission launcher 1.2 is required.

Edited by Cm_blast
  • Upvote 1

On 13/4/2017 at 0:05 AM, Szwagier said:

very nice idea with tanks, now i need make first time light troopers and siege tanks, since best combo were(ordos player) quad+combat tank

i like it

Thanks.

Yes, I found myself building more Siege tanks than ever. Although half the reason is because the Tleilaxu-Fremen part.

As a new note, after some days I restarted playing the campaign again, and I found that I forgot to add the Sandworm in the second mission. It's not suppose to be opresive for the player, but a least 1 worm should be present.

After I end replaying the whole campaign I will update the file.

7 hours ago, Fey said:

I'm gonna give this one a try when I get the chance. :D

Train troopers :P

Oh, I found another problem, well. In mission 3 the player can destroy or capture some buildings (you can do that in every mission, but only here the briefing suggest the capture option). I encounter that capturing the building gives to the player early access to the Ixian Factory (but you can do nothing with it, so is a waste of money and energy).

I think I know why this happens, so I am going to change so at least in this level that doesn't happen. Probably will still happening in mission 4, but I don't really mind there.

Again, after all the last fixes are prepared I will update the whole file.

52 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Train troopers :P

Oh, I found another problem, well. In mission 3 the player can destroy or capture some buildings (you can do that in every mission, but only here the briefing suggest the capture option). I encounter that capturing the building gives to the player early access to the Ixian Factory (but you can do nothing with it, so is a waste of money and energy).

I think I know why this happens, so I am going to change so at least in this level that doesn't happen. Probably will still happening in mission 4, but I don't really mind there.

Again, after all the last fixes are prepared I will update the whole file.

Should I wait to download the whole thing or play it as is? :O And do you want feedback like you gave me for my maps?

17 minutes ago, Fey said:

Should I wait to download the whole thing or play it as is? :O And do you want feedback like you gave me for my maps?

Download it right now. I already fixed the missing Sandworm and now the Ixian Factory shouldn't appear after capturing the buildings.

Indirectly, the Ordos now use a Tech of 4 in mission 3, but since they don't have carryalls or missile launchers nothing shouldn't change.

Just play as normally, If you find anything out of place tell me.

3 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

Download it right now. I already fixed the missing Sandworm and now the Ixian Factory shouldn't appear after capturing the buildings.

Indirectly, the Ordos now use a Tech of 4 in mission 3, but since they don't have carryalls or missile launchers nothing shouldn't change.

Just play as normally, If you find anything out of place tell me.

Kk.

1 hour ago, Fey said:

Link updated? Can I redownload? c:

Yes. Although If you download it a few days ago should be the same.

Anyway, just in case the file was reuploaded again, just to be sure. If you want download it right now and that's it. Se finí!

Edited by Cm_blast