MustaphaTR's D2K Mod for OpenRA

Mustafa Alperen Seki

I have recently started a small OpenRA mod that makes all 7 sides (Atreides, Fremen, Harkonnen, Corrino, Ordos, Mercenaries and Smugglers) playable for OpenRA's D2K mod. Wanted to share about it here too. I opened a ModDB page for it so you can find more info at there.

About the mod, it will include 3 special unit and 1 ability for each side. An ability is not necessariliy a Super Weapon but a special thing for that faction. I'm still thinking about the units to add, even the idea phase is not complete. After i add all the units i'll release the first version, then other versiıns will mostly be ballancing stuff.

This looks really neat! Did you take some ideas out of Emperor? Flamethrower infantry for Harkonnen, Ordos units having self-repair...

'Cause that's good. That's definitely a good thing :P

Edit: ...Wait a minute, isn't adding new units to Dune 2000 supposed to be impossible? Is it just something you can do with OpenRA, or did folks find a way to do it?

Edited by Fey

7 hours ago, Mustafa Alperen Seki said:

OpenRA is a complately different engine.  Original D2K still doesn't supportading new units.  But i once managed to add a new weapon (it fucks up the graphics tho, it could be an easy fix if Resource Editor was allowing ading new frames inbetween.)

Oh, I see! Thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...