Is it possible to improve the AI of Dune 2000 ?

z_feydakin

7 hours ago, z_feydakin said:

I love Dune 2000 and Emperor the Battle for Dune I'm looking for a mod that improves the AI of these games.

Does anyone know something like this?

Kind regards

There are quite some big improvements for the AI in Dune 2000. Just download the CnCNet 5 lobby and use it to play skirmish games instead of the normal in-game "practice" menu. The AI from cncnet is the result of my & many other community members who worked in improving the AI in the past. As a short info about what it contains, there should be 3 factory production, continuous build (meaning the AI will start building units as soon as the current production is finished) and a refined build order. Also the units AI builds have been tweaked a little bit to make it more effective. With the CnCNet lobby you can also select Easy, Medium or Hard AI. Hard AI will start with 40000 credits, if you put this together with the improved AI script you get a quite challenging experience (especially if you use many AI players or if you make them allied against you). 

http://cncnet.org/

As for missions (since you didn't specify what type of game mode you are talking about) you can find quite some difficult ones. Pretty much all recent custom campaigns and missions made by the community are quite challenging. For instance, try my War of Assassins and Sandstorm campaigns, plus Cmblast's missions, Rise of the Mercenaries etc. These should be hard enough. You can find all of them in the mission selector, just look in my signature.

About emperor, i dont know much about it, but i think there was some patch that improved the AI made by Apollo IIRC. That's all i know.

Edited by FedaYkin