Dune 2000 Gruntmods Edition modified with TibEd

Evo1

Hello to all. Sorry for my bad english, but I'm using a translator, because I'm Italian.
I'm creating a campaign for home Corrino, but I would like to make available to build the units as the Ordos Raider and Deviator or Atreides Sonic Tank or structures like the Atreides/Ordos/Harkonnen palace.
For this I am using Tibed. The only problem is these units and structures become available to all the other Houses. But i have select olnly Emperor House in addition to the original (for exemple "Raider - Owner: Ordos,Smuggler,Mercenary,Emperor) . For example, in Skirmish mode, if you play with Atreides, you can build Raider, Devastator, Deviator, Ordos Palace etc. The same things with other Houses. It's a Tibed bug with Dune 2000 Gruntmods Edition? There are other programs in order to change these settings correctly?

Thank you all and again sorry for my bad english.

TibEd is really terrible but unfortunately is the only decent editing program for Dune2000. As I have learned from my own experience a few months ago, the side thing is kinda messed up. The way it works is that if you, for example, enable the Sardaukar for Emperor side but disable it for anyone else, the Harkonnen will be able to train it as well, because the Emperor is technically a Harkonnen player with few special buildings. I'm assuming this is because the 2 sides share same barracks, but not sure. So, the same rules apply for Ordos-Smuggler-Mercenary (all Ordos with slight differences, so Mercenary Heavy Factory could be a thing to look into) and the Atreides-Fremen (which I believe are 100% identical).

21 hours ago, Evo1 said:

Hello to all. Sorry for my bad english, but I'm using a translator, because I'm Italian.
I'm creating a campaign for home Corrino, but I would like to make available to build the units as the Ordos Raider and Deviator or Atreides Sonic Tank or structures like the Atreides/Ordos/Harkonnen palace.
For this I am using Tibed. The only problem is these units and structures become available to all the other Houses. But i have select olnly Emperor House in addition to the original (for exemple "Raider - Owner: Ordos,Smuggler,Mercenary,Emperor) . For example, in Skirmish mode, if you play with Atreides, you can build Raider, Devastator, Deviator, Ordos Palace etc. The same things with other Houses. It's a Tibed bug with Dune 2000 Gruntmods Edition? There are other programs in order to change these settings correctly?

Like Feda said. Everything you add to "Atreides" will be added to "Fremen", same with Hark-Emperor, and same with Ord-Merc-smug.

If you want to create a campaign for House Corrino, I can suggest you to add everything you want to the player, without caring if the IA can build it too. I'll explain:
Let's say you want the Emperor to have raiders. This will make Harkonnen have them too, but if you check in the Klofkack map and mission editor, there is a tab which control all the parameters of the Ia, including a good number called "Unit Build priority <X unit>".

After you are sure the emperor (player) can build Raiders, then in this editor in the Harkonnen IA, in the section "Unit Build priority Raider" set that number to 0, this way the Harkonnen, técnically they can build the raider too, but since this number is set to 0 that means he never will build it.

Imagen here:
edit.PNG

By default is set to 1.
For example, my Corrino Campaign (which I used Tibed for, like you, wanted to add the Imperial Palace and Sardaukar). In my campaign there isn't Harkonnen so I am not affected at all, but for example when I update the campaign, I added the unit "Fremen Non Stealth" to Atreides, which the Atr.Barracks requirements (so he trains infantry, trooper and Fremen).

This change affect all the campaign and levels, however... only in misson 4 the Atreides train Fremen at all (after that the alliance break up, and the Fremen no longer fight for Atr). = UnitBuildPriority FREMEN 0,000 and that's it.

You also can focus in the Imperial Heavy Factory and the Mercenary heavy factory, they are specials and unique, no one besides Emperor/Merc have that specific building, so if you change the owner to the "Devastator" to "Emperor" (and removing Harkonnen), now only the Emperor will have access to that unit.

In resumen: worry more about what the player can build that the Ia, since later, in the IA tab you can disable everything you don't want then to build.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I'm been messing with Tibed really hard and... well, I could do two things (this is not a direct answerd to Evo1, but I didn't want to create another topic about Tibed).

First, This:

This allow the Fremen side to build Sietchs. Those Sietchs can build Fremen non Stealth, but if you make the normal ones to need this buildings, they will spawn for the Sietch too. Preplacing this building will add the concrete.
If you want to know how I did it, check this other post.
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27358-mod-allow-fremen-sietch-to-build-fremen/?do=findComment&comment=393374

But now, the important thing. I created new life, I created... IX
You think not? Then check this video and see by yourselves how right now IX will have the three heavy factories at onces, being the three funtionals and having separates queues.
Check the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNPYZGyOqrk

Doing this was more harder than the previous with the Sietch. This requires touching Unknown bytes. Also from the video you can see some strange behaviour (the way some spawns or how they step on the building).

In a side note, Atreides will build their original barracks and light infantry, since I used the Mercenary and Imperial Factories. This means Atreides and IX can collide without interfering with the buildings (but of course, Mercs-Imperial are out of the picture).

Edited by Cm_blast

• 10 months later...
On 25/09/2016 at 9:01 AM, Evo1 said:

can you help me please im trying to use tibed with grunt mod edition too but get no colours.bin found how did you get it working ?