James Hill Railroad

Gwizz

James hill Railroad    It can be won.  After playing for 7 or 8 years, for some reason time travel went backward to 1938 the original start date.  I had foreclosed on 3 Railroads in November 1942 or 43 buying all the stock I was allowed to own and then in January I merged the last 7 RRs.  

I paused, now owning all track and locomotives, everything on the map.  Then I noticed not one owner was worth a million dollars.  The lowerest was $ 380.K and the highest was $ 799.K   But the gold trigger didn't fire.   I'm thinking the trigger is out of order.  But the RR museum has two cells of track.  I think I accounted for those 2 cells.  The big thing is what caused the date to jump back 7 or 8 years,?????????????  I wasn't watching the clock.  I Didn't expect the date problem.

I expect the railroads will start up again, but for now I own everything except the gold in their pockets.  Adter dinner, I will run the clock again.  

I was planning to simplify the map anyway.  Too much micro-management as it is.      

When I restarted the game 6 AI railroads restarted.  Only 3 had enough funds to build a RR.  But the same amount of money I started with returned to me and the start date was the old start date.

Some things stayed in the present.  (track and locos) 

I think I'll go back to a saved game and see if the same thing happens again. 

Since almost all of the locomotives were running mostly on Hills track, there might be a connection or not ?

Hill had 67 locos in operation, most were Ex AI locos with a few on stand by. 

Hill had about 20 of his own locos with a few as standby units,  about 5 to 7.  

It was strange for MR HILL to get almost all of his money back. 

Maybe the AI LOCOS paid enough running on Hills track for a good return on Mr Hills investment.

In real life, Mr Hill would control the stock then take over a RR and close the unprofitable rail lines. 

The extra locos and equipment were used on Hills profitable rail lines.

How did the date change?  Jeffery you may be correct:  I saved over another saved map with too many changes. :$

• 1 month later...

Gwizz,  did I picked the wrong thread.  I do remember brushing over the insert button when I went to submit a reply.  

Sorry about that.  I guess I was on vacation too long.  Went to the beach to watch the big waves come in.  

The storm's waves went too far off the coast too be worth seeing.  

Edited by Gwizz
JUST ADDED TO MY COMMENT.