Carryalls in harkonnen mission 2

X3M

By accident. 

I killed the atreides barracks. 

Then took over his construction yard after he rebuilded the barracks.

I could build one time the barracks myself. Before the construction yard evolved into a harkonnen one.

I thought, lets upgrade the barracks. But the upgrade wasn't there except for a message. Upgrade started. I only selected the barracks.

Not only that, but it seems that I could build carryalls now. So i did.

I can't select infantry because I can't get into the menu of the barracks.Screenshot_2016-07-29-00-58-07.pngScreenshot_2016-07-29-01-04-41.png

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's the "banned from downloads", mobile version. I never deleted it from my Iphone since I knew I had a golden catch. I just recently started playing again. And decided to try out weird stuff again.

I have found several bugs again. I suspect, the editor was trying things without notifying people.

The icon in the upper left corner shows the special for each house. For a little real payment, you can get reinforcements in the form of 3 specials, 4 siege tanks or 5 rocket launchers. Even in mission 1 :). I never tried it out. So I don't know if you always get the units in each mission. Or that it is a one time only.

A bug I found later on was that the Siege tank for Ordos is only build able in mission 7 and later. The very first dos version of the game allowed me to get Siege tanks in mission 6. But somehow I have the feeling that I complained about that one before, somewhere. Here perhaps? But the new format of the forum is kinda slowing me down.

And the third bug is the time bug. Some missions, I succeed within an hour. Yet my record time is 10,5 hours while I am sure it was only 2 hours tops. I guess it has something to do with saving and loading.

Last oddity that I have not yet spoken of is the fact that you need radar AND light factory, before you can build the heavy factory.

Hmmm, let's not forget that the dos version allowed me to get a giant army of Ornithopters. And finish them all at once by selecting each high tech factory and finish the building. Yet this mobile version allows me to build only a few. But I can also order them in the starport.

So, one could say I am still finding bugs, here, and there.

One more thing, mission 8 with the ordos clearly shows that the spice is low there. For all I remember with Atreides is that I had a wall o sonic. And with harkonnen a wall o siege tank. Both using the palace powers to a maximum. With Ordos, well, having 35 tanks doesn't help against sudden counter ornies. Running has no much use either. And I didn't get Troopers, which actually shoot air in this mobile version.

Ordos sucks as usuall. Especially in this mobile version.

Regarding the Carryalls in HK level 2, I think this is the "default" construction option when you have nothing else to build. Light infantry is simply disabled from the Harkonnen tech tree. There's nothing you can do to build light infantry, even if you have the Barracks. I believe this is why the Barracks are not allowed to be captured in the first place. In the absence of other construction options, the game picks the first buildable unit on the list, which happens to the the Carryall.

I think that if you use Nyer's editor to remove all construction options from a barracks or factory type building, you'll get the same effect, i.e. you will still be able to produce Carryalls from such buildings. I haven't checked that so I may be wrong though.

I don't know/remember what happens if a HK player captures an enemy Light Factory. I mean, if you are allowed to build Trikes. Theoretically, you should only build Quads, but I guess I never tried that out.

On 10.08.2016 at 2:49 AM, X3M said:

A bug I found later on was that the Siege tank for Ordos is only build able in mission 7 and later. The very first dos version of the game allowed me to get Siege tanks in mission 6. But somehow I have the feeling that I complained about that one before, somewhere. Here perhaps? But the new format of the forum is kinda slowing me down.

That ain't no bug. We have discussed this previously, and there's a special exception for the Ordos that moves the availability of Siege Tanks (in fact, the third Heavy Factory upgrade) one level higher. It was almost certainly done on purpose. Remember we discussed how the Houses are actually difficulty levels (I think it was your idea/observation in the first place)? HK is Easy, AT is Normal and OR is Hard. I also believe that it is no coincidence that in HK mission 6, you play against the Ordos (IIRC), meaning that you have Siege Tanks and the enemy doesn't (except for reinforcements), making HK mission 6 much easier than for other Houses.

Last oddity that I have not yet spoken of is the fact that you need radar AND light factory, before you can build the heavy factory.

This might be unique to this mobile version you're playing. I think that in vanilla Dune II you only need the Radar Facility to build the Barracks/House of WOR.

Hmmm, let's not forget that the dos version allowed me to get a giant army of Ornithopters. And finish them all at once by selecting each high tech factory and finish the building. Yet this mobile version allows me to build only a few. But I can also order them in the starport.

Are you sure about the DOS version? According to the data from Nyer's editor, there's a "hard" limit of 10 air units per map, including Carryalls (but not counting the Frigate IIRC).

However, you might have got the impression that you had a more powerful 'Thopter fleet if you played the DOS version 1.0. IIRC they changed the amount of hit points for 'Thopters from 10 to 5 in v1.07 (which the mobile version is likely based upon). Hence 'Thopters would survive somewhat longer in v1.0 against enemy Missile Turrets. Whoops, I got this entirely wrong. According to my own version changelog, the amount of 'Thopters' hit points was increased from 10 to 25 in v1.07.

Well, my dos version back then wasn't 1.07. To bad that I lost it though. Every other Dune doesn't feel the same.

Ordos could build siege tanks in level 6. Atreides in level 5 when conquering the heavy factory of the Ordos. Which the latter was indeed still true for the mobile version. But yeah, I think that it was my comment to start that topic.

The amass thopters in the dos version. I don't think there was a limit to air units in my dos version. I had like 20 thopters almost ready in 20 high tech factories, while also having some carryalls in the air. After killing all rocket turrets. I simply released them all and watched the fire works. I do had have like 50 carry alls in harkonnen 5, when playing the dos version. Just for funsies.

I didn't capture the barracks. I captured the enemy CY, while I just destroyed their barracks. Thus the AI wanted to build barracks. Yet at that point, I conquered their CY. The barracks was mine to be finished. And I could let the CY build another barracks either.

One other thing that I probably have mentioned before in the past. Is that Sonic tanks in my dos version, always had 10 range, regardless of game speed. In the mobile version, they have 8. Which is what they are meant to have.

On 17.08.2016 at 9:51 PM, X3M said:

I had like 20 thopters almost ready in 20 high tech factories, while also having some carryalls in the air. After killing all rocket turrets. I simply released them all and watched the fire works. I do had have like 50 carry alls in harkonnen 5, when playing the dos version. Just for funsies.

From what I know, this just shouldn't be possible. Unless maybe you used some trainer/hack.

I didn't capture the barracks. I captured the enemy CY, while I just destroyed their barracks. Thus the AI wanted to build barracks. Yet at that point, I conquered their CY. The barracks was mine to be finished. And I could let the CY build another barracks either.

Sure you didn't. Barracks cannot be captured.

One other thing that I probably have mentioned before in the past. Is that Sonic tanks in my dos version, always had 10 range, regardless of game speed.

Are you absolutely sure that "your DOS version" was actually a legit version of Dune II and you're not confusing it with some kind of third party remake (e.g. Dune III)?

I do not use trainers, nor hacks. And when I do, I would announce it. And for what reason I would use it.

As 13 year old, I did not know what kind of game I had. It sure felt as a legit game to me. It was 1997 when I got the game. It was installed on a 386, and didn't need a cd. I remember that the version number had a 3 on the end. Not a 7. From the same guy, we got the diskettes some time later. No cd. It took me a couple of years to find out that the original game had a cd as well.

Is it so hard to believe that the limits on certain units might have been different somehow? I even had invisible saboteurs that where only visible on the radar. And they popped waaaay too soon. Yet, I could get about 20 running at the same time.

Now, the mobile version DOES have the limits of 10 for air and 2 for saboteurs, which are actually visible now. Sounds more hacked to me that the one I played 19 years ago.

I indeed said that I did not capture the Barracks. No need to repeat me :)

On 22.08.2016 at 4:38 AM, X3M said:

Is it so hard to believe that the limits on certain units might have been different somehow? I even had invisible saboteurs that where only visible on the radar. And they popped waaaay too soon. Yet, I could get about 20 running at the same time.

Yes it is, because v1.0 (which has invisible Saboteurs BTW) limits them to three, and v1.07 reduces this to two. It is my understanding that the "hard" limits on units were introduced because of the tech limitations back then. You now, the same way as moving units that are off-screen are less frequently updated to reduce CPU load (and hence move more slowly).

It doesn't make much sense to me if there are very strict limits in the original version (1.0) and in the final, most recent one (1.07), but somehow these limits were removed or vastly modified in some alleged intermediate version.

I remember that when I was tinkering with the Super Dune 2 and Dune 2 eXtended I tried removing this feature that makes moving units slower if they're not displayed on the screen (there's a variable that can be modified via Nyer's editor which makes a unit exempt to this rule), and this resulted in severe performance degradation in DOSBox. Also some versions of eXtended featured "unlimited" Saboteurs (I simply "moved" the Saboteur to the regular unit index range), but some users reported unusual game behaviour when they built a lot of Saboteurs, so I removed that too just to be sure. All this suggests that the unit limits are closely related to game performance.

So V1.0 had a hard limit as well? Is there somewhere a page, to read what each version had altered?

I think I had 1.03. I still remember a 3 on the end of the version number. I would love to check it out. Since I can't check my diskette's any more. (Damn modern PC's)

I still remember the slower off screen units. I used it back then to my advantage all the time.

But one thing is sure, my diskette version had the Sonic Tank firing at range 10. At any game speed. This Range 8 on the mobile version is the correct range, right? It also feels more balanced (read less OP :) ).

15 hours ago, X3M said:

So V1.0 had a hard limit as well? Is there somewhere a page, to read what each version had altered?

A while ago I compiled a version changelog which I mentioned in one of my posts above. I can't guarantee it's complete though. Most if not changes were documented based on observation, not executable analysis. (I don't think anyone ever completely decompiled the v1.0 executable to compare it to v1.07).

15 hours ago, X3M said:

I think I had 1.03. I still remember a 3 on the end of the version number. I would love to check it out. Since I can't check my diskette's any more. (Damn modern PC's)

As far as I know, no official Dune II release with the version number 1.03 has been found or documented yet. Considering you played it in 1997 as you say, it could pretty much be a hacked version which introduced the changes you're talking about. There are several third-party trainers for the game (some listed here), and I assume that someone could theoretically hack the executable to remove the unit limits. I'm not sure if any known trainer does that, but I vaguely remember something in the documentation.

UPD: It's in the docs of this trainer:

C: For some reason aside from memory and calcualtion restraints the game only
     allows you to build so much STUFF.It seems to be a TOTAL amount of STUFF
     that is allowable.I've surpassed that but the game SLOWS WAY done and for
     that reason I must guess (without docs) that the reason is that the game
     just can't handle it.You will run up against an UNABLE TO CREATE MORE
     message and thats that.Perhaps becuase of my boost to construction this
     is a limit that NORMALLY wouldn't be reached.Anyway for that reason I
     EXCLUDE that portion of my original trainer that let you build to you went
     blind.Sorry.You can't make anything else till something you already have
     is destroyed or used up.

Which means that the original version of the trainer by the same author allowed to remove unit limits.

Well, that is the difference between 1.0 and 1.07. I have seen that changelog. But lets see which ones apply to my 2 dune's and which don't. And as said before, no trainers, no hacks. So whatever I had, it was a normal game for all I know.

Fixed the "Frigate arrival in T-0" Starport bug.

Hey, I sometimes did not get my Frigate stuff. Sometimes this kept happening. And sometimes it did arrive, deploying everything that I bought until that point. Mobile works perfectly.

The corners of the map are no longer revealed from shroud at the beginning of the mission.

I had this bug too. But it happened sometimes. Not all the time. Mobile is fine.

Building repair cost has been reduced.

Ow yeah. It was very high in costs for structures and units with high health. Sometimes it felt higher than the new value. The mobile has cheaper repairs.

Palace repairs now cost nothing. This is actually a bug, read more here.

The here link doesn't work any more. Further, it did cost me money. I still have to test on the mobile version.

The maximum overall number of buildings that can be present on the map reduced from 81 to 80.

Whooaaah!!! No, this number was for the player alone. I can clearly remember having a wall of rocket turrets in mission 6. That was 3 to 4 thick. And the needed power plants where build as well. When killing the enemy, I could not build more. But the mobile clearly shows that it takes the complete number of structures of all "players" combined. If it was 80 or 81 for any version, that, I don't know.

The player can now build concrete slabs and wall segments even if the building-per-map limit is reached (in v1.0, no construction whatsoever is possible if the building limit is reached, although concrete slabs and walls are actually not affected by it).

My dos version stopped. No slabs, no walls.

Troopers and Launchers are now able to fire at air units.

And all I had where Rocket Turrets in the dos verison. Poor me. Which did miss a lot too. I don't know if that was health related. The AI kept sending them until they reached a limit. Then, no more. In the mobile version, they seem to hit more often. Troopers and Launchers indeed shoot air as well. And the AI sends less, right away. It is spread more in time. Now that I remember. When I build air units, once I hit a limit. After every death air unit, I still could not rebuild. And that might have been another reason for me to build them all at once. If I where to loose a lot of air units. And then some tanks. Then I could build air units again. But not the tanks.

The maximum number of Sandworms that can be present on the map at a time reduced from 3 to 2.

Dos had 3. And the mobile has 3 as well.

The number of units a Sandworm will swallow before disappearing reduced from 4 to 3.

Actually, this was 3 in my dos version. The mobile as well too. So while the total swallowing went from 12 to 6. I have 9 in total for both my dos and for the mobile.

Fremen units and Sandworms are no longer ignored by turrets.

They where absolutely ignored by the turrets. And to top it off, the fremen ignored any structures, including turrets as well.

Removed two Mentat database entries: "Sardaukar" and "Frigate" (the corresponding image of the Frigate had also been removed from the files of the US patched version; it is still present in the Eurpoean releases).

My dos version had them described as soon as they where introduced in the mission. The Sardaukar looked so cool, mission 4. And the Frigate of course in mission 5. I had to check the mobile version. The mobile version does not have the 2 in the list. But then I detected something weird.

The list of units is called vehicles. While infantry and troopers are also in that list. I can't check my dos version. But an error like that, I would have clearly remembered. How are they called in V1.07?

The change list doesn't contain the bug that units take damage over time. This was apparent in the dos version. It was very deadly when it occurred. It only admitted damage to the units when they moved. Carryalls crashed shortly after. The Harvester would constantly die as well, after getting a couple of loads back. And it could only be stopped when I where to restart the mission. The mobile version also has this bug. However, it takes place in a very short time. And then the damage stops to the units. Like 1 or 2 pixels of the health bar. Air never crashed here by this effect.

On 17/8/2016 at 1:36 PM, MrFlibble said:

[...]

That ain't no bug. We have discussed this previously, and there's a special exception for the Ordos that moves the availability of Siege Tanks (in fact, the third Heavy Factory upgrade) one level higher. It was almost certainly done on purpose. Remember we discussed how the Houses are actually difficulty levels (I think it was your idea/observation in the first place)? HK is Easy, AT is Normal and OR is Hard. I also believe that it is no coincidence that in HK mission 6, you play against the Ordos (IIRC), meaning that you have Siege Tanks and the enemy doesn't (except for reinforcements), making HK mission 6 much easier than for other Houses.

I remember that Amiga version (realesed after v1.07 MS-DOS AFAIK) gives Siege Tanks in Mission 6 for Ordos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XW6M8XmD6DY&t=11988

this is why I always considered a bug, like saboteur "invisible" (Dos v1.0) and exploding to move commands (Dos v1.07). I have already shown all that things about Saboteur to Amiga version (here my video test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20pV6sx01KI ).

However House Ordos already manages things WITHOUT Launchers (unless Starport) and it's already a very hard penalty I think.

Edited by drnovice

On 26.08.2016 at 2:06 AM, X3M said:

Removed two Mentat database entries: "Sardaukar" and "Frigate" (the corresponding image of the Frigate had also been removed from the files of the US patched version; it is still present in the Eurpoean releases).

My dos version had them described as soon as they where introduced in the mission. The Sardaukar looked so cool, mission 4. And the Frigate of course in mission 5. I had to check the mobile version. The mobile version does not have the 2 in the list. But then I detected something weird.

The list of units is called vehicles. While infantry and troopers are also in that list. I can't check my dos version. But an error like that, I would have clearly remembered. How are they called in V1.07?

IIRC this was never fixed. In all English versions of the game, all mobile units are listed under as Vehicles. But technically it's not a bug, and it was never fixed anyway, so I did not mention it.

Palace repairs now cost nothing. This is actually a bug, read more here.

The here link doesn't work any more. Further, it did cost me money. I still have to test on the mobile version.

I wish I remembered what topic that link referred to. Anyways, it's the OpenDUNE team guys who confirmed that the free Palace repairs are a bug. In v1.07, anything that costs > 500 credits to build results in zero repair cost. When reverse-engineering the code, they fixed this, so I guess the mobile port, Dune Dynasty and other derivatives based on OpenDUNE don't have the bug anymore.

The change list doesn't contain the bug that units take damage over time. This was apparent in the dos version. It was very deadly when it occurred. It only admitted damage to the units when they moved. Carryalls crashed shortly after. The Harvester would constantly die as well, after getting a couple of loads back. And it could only be stopped when I where to restart the mission. The mobile version also has this bug. However, it takes place in a very short time. And then the damage stops to the units. Like 1 or 2 pixels of the health bar. Air never crashed here by this effect.

This is the first time I hear about the unit damage bug/feature. That, or it is so rare that I never encountered it (or forgot about it). I've played a lot of v1.0, and then some v1.07 (DuneX is based on v1.07). Don't remember anything like that happening a single time.

From what you say, your version seems closer to v1.0 than to v1.07. Could there be an intermediate v1.03 no one else ever mentioned? There sure have been rumours of versions with some unorthodox features (like what is discussed here or here). I think this is worth investigating. Do you still have the floppies you mentioned?

21 hours ago, drnovice said:

I remember that Amiga version (realesed after v1.07 MS-DOS AFAIK) gives Siege Tanks in Mission 6 for Ordos:

https://youtu.be/XW6M8XmD6DY?t=11988

this is why I always considered a bug, like saboteur "invisible" (Dos v1.0) and exploding to move commands (Dos v1.07). I have already shown all that things about Saboteur to Amiga version (here my video test: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20pV6sx01KI ).

However House Ordos already manages things WITHOUT Launchers (unless Starport) and it's already a very hard penalty I think.

Hmm, maybe I knew about this feature of the Amiga version, but forgot about it. I definitely tried to fix this alleged bug a while ago using Segra's database. I managed to find (with or without external help, I'm not sure anymore) the code responsible for the Ordos Heavy Factory upgrade exception and tried to edit it so that the third upgrade would be available in mission 6. However, this somehow screwed something up in the game. I cannot recall the details but back then I preferred to convince myself that this was not a bug after all, rather than try to figure out the correct solution. I'm not sure what opinion the OpenDUNE guys held on this matter though.

Sadly, I do not have the floppy disks. I could ask my dad. But then what? We don't have computers any more that could play them. Or at least store them on the computer for distribution through email etc.

That damage bug, I had it often. Especially in missions 5 and 6. When the need was there to use rocket launchers. To estimate how often the bug occurred, about 1 every 30-50 games.

Your first link. Very curious points that he is mentioning.

1. My AI did, but not if there was an enemy unit standing or one of my own. On that spot of the structure. Mobile version, just squashes everything. And does it in a decent pace too.

2. Can't recall. And mobile = NO.

3. Never observed in both.

4. Yes! for the dos version.

5. As mentioned before, yes for dos. In the mobile, they are more useful (over powered bastards)

6, 7 and 8 are very weird.

In the second link. One mentions 2 title's.

Dune II version 1.0   :  The building of a Dynasty

Dune II version 1.07 :  The battle for Arrakis

Now here is something funny. My dos version had "The building of a Dynasty". And I know, since it was said in such an annoying way. "Dune" "The building" "of" "a Dynasty".

Just like "your battle for dune begins" "noowwwww.."

But the mobile version has BOTH. That's right. When you start up, right before the Westwood logo begins. You see a quick "The battle for Arrakis" menu screen, without the menu. After the intro. You have the "The building of a Dynasty" menu.

On 28/8/2016 at 2:42 PM, MrFlibble said:

[...]

Hmm, maybe I knew about this feature of the Amiga version, but forgot about it. I definitely tried to fix this alleged bug a while ago using Segra's database. I managed to find (with or without external help, I'm not sure anymore) the code responsible for the Ordos Heavy Factory upgrade exception and tried to edit it so that the third upgrade would be available in mission 6. However, this somehow screwed something up in the game. I cannot recall the details but back then I preferred to convince myself that this was not a bug after all, rather than try to figure out the correct solution. I'm not sure what opinion the OpenDUNE guys held on this matter though.

You mean this? https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/18875-exe-editing-programming-issues/?page=15

The 'error' (or 'bug') should be on:

seg010:2657 7E 02                             jle     short loc_1CA8B                     ; Jump if Less or Equal (ZF=1 | SF!=OF)

changing the "jle" to "jl" the equation, as shown by segra, will be:

if (s->o.houseID == HOUSE_ORDOS && s->o.type == STRUCTURE_HEAVY_VEHICLE && s->upgradeLevel == 1 && si->upgradeCampaign[2] >= g_campaignID) return false;

if (s->o.houseID == 2 && s->o.type == 4 && s->upgradeLevel == 1 && si->upgradeCampaign[2] >= 6) return false;

P.S. Why my PDF attachment isn't available anymore?

P.P.S. Is it possibile added youtube video objects directly into the post?

Edited by drnovice
  • Upvote 1

Well, 3 years ago, it was still in the Android Play Store. But then it got removed somewhere at the end of 2014, since it was still a licensed game. And the guy was earning money with it. I guess someone nagged (EA-games). You cannot get it any more. But I kept the game on my mobile. I played it back then, didn't touch it while the ¿¿un-install?? update was lurking around. And played it 2 more times to try things out, of course after I noticed that the ¿¿un-install?? update was gone.

Some sites still provide the game. I think this is a decent link, but they have given me a not working WC2, so I am not sure:

http://play.mob.org/game/dune_2.html

On 28/08/2016 at 2:42 PM, MrFlibble said:

I wish I remembered what topic that link referred to. Anyways, it's the OpenDUNE team guys who confirmed that the free Palace repairs are a bug. In v1.07, anything that costs > 500 credits to build results in zero repair cost. When reverse-engineering the code, they fixed this, so I guess the mobile port, Dune Dynasty and other derivatives based on OpenDUNE don't have the bug anymore.

It's a topic called "SD2SE Project Needs a Programmer", but I didn't manage to retrieve the actual post off archive.org; the thread wasn't archived at a date between that post's creation and the forum conversion changing all IDs.

Took a while to locate the actual topic here since you changed its title, but it turned out to be the one drnovice already linked to; the "exe editing programming issues" one ;)

Edited by Nyerguds
  • Upvote 1

Yes, many of bugs are reported on:

EXE editing & programming issues

Dune 2 eXtended Project

but I would like to know if it's possibile restore opendune forum (maybe by archive.org?) and why code blocks in new format forum are all "inline", so you can't understand much them.

Surely my PDFs links should be fixed, but if you pass number of post direcly to "?do=findComment&comment=" querystring, whatever the name of the topic, it could find correct topic name and page number.

E.g.

if link to fix is: http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/18875-dune-2-exe-editing-programming-issues/page-18#entry370640

it can't bring to correct page and point of the topic, but using:

https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/24707-hex-editing-collection-on-exe/?do=findComment&comment=370640

even if topic name into the url is wrong, forum engine will bring to correct topic name, page number and post point, thanks to 'findComment' paramater.

Now I only would edit old post, to upload again the "Dune 2 v1.07-EU - Hex Editing PDF Collection" ZIP archive.

• Upvote 1

On 30.08.2016 at 4:53 PM, drnovice said:

P.S. Why my PDF attachment isn't available anymore?

It appears that after the forum engine update, file attachments got disconnected from their respective posts and effectively lost. I remember Gobalopper mentioned something related to this in the admins forum, but I think this cannot be fixed (yet). Not sure though. Glad you re-uploaded the file.

• Upvote 1

Thank you very much! It's a bit my life all that opcodes.. :laugh:

But I still can't edit my old posts to correct some things about attachments and/or code blocks used (the port transform them "all inline").

Moreover I would like to know if is it still possibile upload youtube video directly inside the posts instead only to link to refer them.

I'm sorry, I just noticed that the PDF zip is zero bytes in size. I'm not sure why you're not allowed to edit old posts.

I'll forward this to the admins, hopefully they will fix that.

As for YouTube videos, did you mean embedding external videos (which I think should be possible), or uploading them that the forums here host the video files?

On 26-8-2016 at 0:06 AM, X3M said:

The maximum number of Sandworms that can be present on the map at a time reduced from 3 to 2.

Dos had 3. And the mobile has 3 as well.

I have to get back on this one. Some missions have actually only 2 sand worms on the mobile version. Noted this in mission 5 of the Atreides.

Further, when I conquered an enemy CY in mission 5 with the Atreides vs Ordos. They where attempting to build a turret. I placed the turret.

This turret immediately started firing on my own units. I had to attack back since I saved right after placing. Whoops.

Couldn't conquer the WOR, as expected.

Tried to conquer the heavy factory to see if I could build siege tanks or not. But my turrets shot the structure by accident!!

Not going to attempt for a while.