[RELEASE] Tleilaxu Campaign

Cm_blast

16 minutes ago, Szwagier said:

i check what happen if i destroy outpost with huge timer, and nothing happen,

u can play this map  with your settings without bersek after 500?

cause i edited my dune200 all the time when u or some1 add new camp/map since.. 2 years?

mby if i reinstall it should work fine

yeah, the 500% timer don't even have a huge impact on the game, and changing the timer is useless since some players play quick, others plays at a slow pace, and also, this event is a optional objetive. Maybe people want the extra challenge and win even with the extra mercenaries reinforcements. But yes, removing this "bersek" event the game is still playable. Is not a big difference at all.

I don't know how much you edited dune. But maybe in those 2 years you changed something or... you used tibed before? because that could be a reason.

The only of my campaigns which replace some that affect the game directly is the Emperor returns. The others don't change original game (well, my "Special Skirmish" map can change the colours, but even the original game is still playable).

But yes, maybe you should do a new install. If I remember in the funky post the mission launcher.zip include lots of the campaigns (several if not all of mine included), so is easy to have all togheter and coexisting with the original game/levels.

Edited by Cm_blast

29 minutes ago, Szwagier said:

tibed? what is this?

Is a program to change things in the game, like making the sardaukar available for Ordos, making the Light factory cost only 100 credits, removing the trike for the Harkonnen (only building quads). This program is a bit tricky and buggy. Is easy to loose the control and have your game doing weird things.

You didn't use it, but there are some campaigns over there used tibed to create their campaigns (altering the health of the units, or the weapons,...). Usually those campaigns have extra files like "templates", "Speed", "BuilExp" "armour"... that affect not only the custom campaign, but other campaigns and the original game. Maybe you copied one of those files and is still in your game, affecting now my map.

Now that we have so many tools (the missionlauncher, for example, allowing us to have lots of campaigns together without touching the original game), maybe you can do a fresh install of the game.

Edited by Cm_blast

ok i install game in another folder /aaa not gruntsmode and it work fine no mistakes in that mission, i see diffrents.. in "new" game opponents are red and yellow and message was after when i destroy outpost with mercrenary, in "old" dune harkonnen is blue and message is after timer 

1 hour ago, Szwagier said:

ok i install game in another folder /aaa not gruntsmode and it work fine no mistakes in that mission, i see diffrents.. in "new" game opponents are red and yellow and message was after when i destroy outpost with mercrenary, in "old" dune harkonnen is blue and message is after timer 

Maybe is because I'm spanish, but I am bit confused of your words (so sorry If I am going to repeat everything you said just right now). I think I understand what you were trying to said:
- You installed Dune 2000 from a fresh install.
- My original mission 5 (not one of the 10 tests I upload here) is working as intented: No early 10 tanks attack, and the text "[...]No more enemy reinforcements" appears only when you destroy the outpost.

If that's correct then I am happy.

My guess because in your "old" version you applied so many campaigns (and like I said, some people are using Tibed to change valours to the game, changes that affect the whole game), at this point your "old" version went crazy.
You even have my swapped colours from a single map called "Special Skirmish". But anyway. The mission is working and finally I can rest.

Edited by Cm_blast

Hey, I just finished the campaign and besides mission 5 it was great. On normal it was impossible to do because of the massive mercenary income and on easy it was pretty banal. You could cut on some of the reinforcements from the mercenaries and the production of the bottom Harkonnen base, which gathers a ton of units and then attacks when you are weakened.

Anyway, good job on making the campaign.

59 minutes ago, Galaxy said:

Hey, I just finished the campaign and besides mission 5 it was great. On normal it was impossible to do because of the massive mercenary income and on easy it was pretty banal. You could cut on some of the reinforcements from the mercenaries and the production of the bottom Harkonnen base, which gathers a ton of units and then attacks when you are weakened.

Anyway, good job on making the campaign.

I know the botton side is a bit hard to deal (top is worse. He builds faster) . However you have the advantage of the terrain. Sometimes the enemy try to attack buildings directly, and because they can't do it, usually ignores your units (if you have troopers placed in the way, by the time the IA changes his target you already have killed the light vehicles and even 2 tanks withouth any casualties. 2 or 3 turrets will help too.

Also, you can try to left several infantry spreaded over your base (down, but not outside). The IA is going to go crazy trying to attack them, most of the time they will split, sending some units to the left and others to the right and, in the same case as the buildings, trying so hard to attack that light infantry that your other units can destroy them. Other times 1 infantry is in range of the 2 enemy missile tanks, but not other tanks or units, splitting their forces even more.

I admit the level is a bit hard. The terrain is the only thing that can help the player to win (and some free troopers can help, if they aren't crushed by the enemy).

Thanks for playing.

• Upvote 1

i got a question. is it possible make random  reinforcements ?

i mean random place and random units( f.e. u pick some units f.e. trike quad tropper a pc choose random 2 of them f.e trike+ quad, double trike, quad+trike etc)

3 minutes ago, Szwagier said:

i got a question. is it possible make random  reinforcements ?

i mean random place and random units( f.e. u pick some units f.e. trike quad tropper a pc choose random 2 of them f.e trike+ quad, double trike, quad+trike etc)

No. The editor only let you to choose a specific reinforcement in a specific position and condition.

However, Maybe is possible to do a "it seems random" scenario tricking a bit the game. In my single map "special skirmish" I create a tricky event to simulate the player is given a "random" target. Is not really random, but I make the game checking when the player deploy his VCM. If the player always deploys at the very same exact moment, the game will always will said "destroy the red player".

Knowing this. In a similar way I did for that level, you can make a game "almost random". Defining something similar:
If player deploy at 1 sec (or 7, 13, 19, 25...) then 1 reinforcement at X = 20, Y = 25 drops a 2 minutes 5 tanks.
If player deploy at 2 secs (or 8, 14, 20, 26...) then the reinforcemente dropped X= 30, Y = 10, 3 minutes, 7 troopers.
Doing this until creating 5 different, giving the sensation to be random, but of course is not really random.

I was thinking in using something like this in this campaign, but since I usually tend to fill the map with lots of events I have no room to add all of the events needed to recreate this.

Thank you for campaign. i liked it.

Mis 4 sarduakar coming a lot of lol :D I was surprised

Mis 5 a lot of reinforciment nice

Min 7 i finished only with sarduakar very nice idea . Axlotl Tank is good idea , i always wanted to play with soldiers 

i like reinforciment everytime. 

Thank u for game again. 

now i will play your another campaign

3 hours ago, djbaskan60 said:

Thank you for campaign. i liked it.

Mis 4 sarduakar coming a lot of lol :D I was surprised

Mis 5 a lot of reinforciment nice

Min 7 i finished only with sarduakar very nice idea . Axlotl Tank is good idea , i always wanted to play with soldiers 

i like reinforciment everytime. 

Thank u for game again. 

now i will play your another campaign

Sometimes I'm tempted to use Tibed to make the soldiers non crushable, just to force players to build light infantry, trikes and siege tanks to counter troopers, but I prefer avoiding using Tibed.

But yeah, I wanted to give the soldiers being the protagonists of this campaign. Already in the Tleilaxu plague single map the enemy strengh is because all the soldiers, being the vehicles some kind of support and not the main force.

Thanks for playing!

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, Dark Wesker said:

I beat/complete all the missions. This campaign was not very hard. Only the mission 5 and 7 (in the beginning) hardest. But I liked it.

Good to know that mission 5 was only hard at the beginning; other people had problems with the overall mission 5 because all those mercs coming to the player.