[RELEASE] Tleilaxu Campaign

Cm_blast

Hi, it's me again, briging a new Campaign: The Tleilaxu one.

Back in time I created a single map using them. After a While I though that maybe I could do a whole campaign for the Tleilaxu focusing into the Ghola thing, making the Soldiers the leimotiv of the campaign and the faction. In the end, That was I did; a total of 7 missions where the player control the Tleilaxu.

PLOT:
The Tleilaxu sneak into Arrakis thanks to the Spacing guild. Their reasons are because in times of wars Atreides, Harkonnen, Ordos... are constatly fighting each other, thus using the frigates from the spacing guild to bring their armies. Now, there are a truce and no one is figthing, no one requires transport from the guild, the spice is not flowing anymore, so the Tleilaxu has offered to enter secretly and, using their new technology to create Gholas, are planing to destroy all those weakened Houses and make the spice flow again.

THE FINAL BATTLE:
The single map "Tleilaxu Plague" it's the true final battle from the Tleilaxu, since that mission and this campaign are connected, but you are not suppose to play the single map to continue (as it even appears on another faction menu).

After the end of the campaign, being the Tleilaxu a force that nobody seems to be able to stop, the single missions happens with a last chance of imperials to finally destroy the Tleilaxu threat. You can play the true final battle downloading the mission from HERE.

THEME:
The general theme of this campaign it's about the Tleilaxu having big armies formed by Gholas, which are any human dead and being resurrected by the Tleilaxu.
During most of the campaign, the player it's not going to simply train infantry or trooper, but getting groups of them generated from an Axlotl Tank (Barracks in game). This means that, even if the player  just focus on producing tanks, you will still have a decent group of troopers that you can use for any purpose.

Tleilaxu 1.PNGTleilaxu 2.PNGTleilaxu 3.PNG

FILE:
Tleilaxu.rar

HOW TO INSTALL:
Unzip the file and copy every folder into the root of the game.
Any folders included will go to the path that it is suppose to go.
Do not copy any pgn (screenshots) nor the readme.txt (instructions).

Edited by Cm_blast

On 4/7/2016 at 0:21 PM, Szwagier said:

i think u made mistake at 5 mission, u started with few tanks and trops and enemies come with  50 tanks 

Weird, I am trying and don't see anything wrong.
Questions:
- come 50 tanks or there is another units (rocket launcher, quads...)
- really 50 tanks? (maybe 14 tanks?) <-- answer if this number is more or less or if was much higher.
- When the tanks appears? right at the beggining, 5 minutes, 10 minutes (need to know if you play at max speed or at normal speed).
- Did you advance too much exploring the map?
- Gruntmod or vanilla dune 2000? (and language?).
- Did you try to replay the map?

I only know one part when the enemy send 14 tanks at the very beginning ("bersek = sell everything and attack"), but this should happen only when the outpost is destroyed, not before.

If the attack with too many tanks is too early, then I will say to try the map again (copy and paste the level again, just to be sure).
If the attack was late, but with lots of Harkonnen tanks (other units aswell, but mostly Harkonnen tanks), the only thing I can think is about you attacking an enemy harverster (by accident, exploring, or... maybe because the enemy attack the sandworm while was under the haverster and blame you, sending everything he has, although this is unlikely).
IF the attack was late, but with lots of Mercenary Tanks.

As a sidenote (nothing to do with this level), I forgot to translate to english 3 lines for my mission 6. So if someone is playing my level 6 will found 3 lines in spanish.

Edited by Cm_blast

before i can make first rafinery full speed

7 quads  8 combat tanks   4 missles 4 tricks  it can be more i didnt count all

there is also message before they attack "no more reinformence form mercenary" or something like that

Edited by Szwagier

38 minutes ago, Szwagier said:

before i can make first rafinery full speed

7 quads  8 combat tanks   4 missles 4 tricks  it can be more i didnt count all

there is also message before they attack "no more reinformence form mercenary" or something like that

Ok, that shoulnd't happen. For some reason the outpost isn't there or the event is set wrong (which is weird, since the event is really simple).

Do something:
1º: Re-download this file, and copy and paste mission 5 again.
2º: in the folder Tleilaxu\data\bin, there is a file called "Tiledata.bin", copy and paste in the same route where you have the game "dune2000\data\bin" (in case you didn't this before. This should overwrite the original file, you can do a back up of the original if you want).
3º: After those 2 stepts, try again. If the message trigger at the very beggining just stop, something is wrong.

If doesn't work (the message is an indication to know the thing is wrong), then copy the lastest dune2000.exe and missionlauncher.exe from here.
http://forum.dune2k.com/topic/26661-dune-2000-106p-game-patching-bug-fixes-new-features/?p=387878

And come back to let me know if works.

Edited by Cm_blast

1 hour ago, Szwagier said:

Communication stopped with mercenaries. No more enemy reinforcements.

did all steps still they attack me 

Weird. If you can upload here the mission (tleilaxu 5.map, tleilaxu 5.ini, and _tleilaxu 5.mis, just to look at the level).
By the way, are you playing in gruntmod or vanilla dune 2000?. Although I tested it in both with no problem, but if it's gruntmod we can use the debug mode at least.

Pd: I am assuming that you did the last step (which I didn numbered), I mean, the "download and copy dune2000.exe and missionlauncher.exe" (overwriting the originals).

By the way. All those early attackers are Harkonnen right? Just to be sure, at this point I don't know what is wrong.

Edited by Cm_blast

On 4/7/2016 at 7:47 PM, Szwagier said:

i will upload all files ^_^

ofc i change it, yeah all harkonnen

Tleilaxu.zip

Try something here.

Copy and paste (or move) this 3 files into the mission folder. Then open the missionlauncher, select FREMEN (No Ordos). A level called: "A Tleilaxu A1" and play.

The game should show a Harkonnen outpost, a turret, 2 Hark tanks, 2 missile tanks, and 2 trikes (at least on screen). Don't move anything, just look if appears the outpost.
Also, a counter appears, going in negative.
Tell me if the outpost is there.

The enemy should go bersek at 20 secs (-20 in the counter).
When the message appears? ¿Appears before of after -20 mark?

Edited by Cm_blast

On 4/7/2016 at 8:09 PM, Szwagier said:

ok now i understand what is going here, harkonnen comp is selling his outpost that s why he is attacking me xD, 

Yes, but they shouldn't selling anything until you don't destroy the building.
I mean. First you destroy the building, then he sells everything and attack with all, but for some reason he is selling before that.

I don't know why. If you really copy everything as you said, nothing should go wrong, so i'm done for now.

But, I'm not going to not let you to play, so for now, take this.
Is the same map but I removed the bersek part.

This will make the enemy defense a bit harder (3-4 tanks per base more, defending the entrance), but the rest of the map should be the same. you still should to destroy the outpost to stop the reinforcements.

If for some reason the message trigger at 20 secs then... then... I'm totally done XD.

Edited by Cm_blast

7 minutes ago, Szwagier said:

there is timer, maybe u can just buff it??

For now play that. 4 extra tanks protecting the base isn't going to change too much, was about a extra reward for destroying the outpost.

Anyway, If someone play this level can tell me if happens always or only to you.
At least play it and tell me if the message triggers when is supossed to trigger (when you destroy the outpost). You still need to destroy it.

Edited by Cm_blast

1 hour ago, Szwagier said:

ok i will play tommorow 

Two question, out of curiosity:
This is your first campaign? (I mean, playing your first campaign done by me)
and; before, in level 3, you get attacked by 4 quads, 2 trikes, 4 troopers (or similar numbers) at the very beggining of the level?
Or, if you can't remember extracly... When you attacked the civilian village (any of the two), were several enemies protecting them?

Edited by Cm_blast

On 4/7/2016 at 10:40 PM, Szwagier said:

i  played all your campaign, i like it and i want more :]

there was no mistakes  in mission 3, i killed them after few waves 2-3 min i think, few units was protecting (quads,trikes,troopers)

Then that's even more weird. That level have double bersek condition (selling and attacking).

What I mean. That (mission 3) level have 2 ways to make the enemy attack you instead stay still, but in this mission 5 they go in that bersek mode for no apparent reason.

There is just one thing I add in this mission 5... I want to try something.
When you can (want), try this. Choose House Fremen (that will put you into the outpost like the other time). The level is called that: A test tleilaxus.

If you test this map 2 things can happen.
a) the Harkonnen sells the outpost instatly (this time there isn't any "20 seconds" or anything).
b) The Harkonnen do what they are suppose to do... nothing. (if after a while they still don't do anything, you can abort the level, and I will be happy XD)

Edited by Cm_blast

Hey Swagier. I think I already know what is happening.

When I was creating my dune 2 style campaign, I didn't give the IA enough power (wintraps) and also he starts with 1 credit. Because of this, he sells the outpost, gaining a bit of money and having positive energy.

However, giving the IA money (don't remember how much, maybe 1000 or 2000 credits), the Ia didn't sell the building anymore.

So... if you're in a good mood. Please try this new version. Is the same mission 5, but now the IA starts with 5500 credits instead just 1.
Choose Ordos, the map appears as "Try me Tleilaxus".
Start the game and wait a bit. If the message "Communication stopped with mercenaries. No more enemy reinforcements" appears just stop and tell me this happen.

If after a bit the message doesn't trigger. Restart the map 4 or 5 times (waiting a bit everytime). After the fifth time you restart (and the message doesn't appear anymore) you can play the game normally. 

If the message still appears, then I will apply a new solution, but I think that this is the good one.

Pd: Sorry for using you as a tester and thanks for the patient.

Edited by Cm_blast

np bro. i changed with mapeditor and it still doesnt work xD i gave 5k

i will try now your 

ok bro i got it.... u gave timer to them 500 ,after "500" they will sell everything, if u delete this timer they will sell bulidings  in first second so i made new timer with 20000000000 xD and its fine no1 is attacking me at start;p

Edited by Szwagier

44 minutes ago, Szwagier said:

np bro. i changed with mapeditor and it still doesnt work xD i gave 5k

i will try now your 

ok bro i got it.... u gave timer to them 500 ,after "500" they will sell everything, if u delete this timer they will sell bulidings  in first second so i made new timer with 20000000000 xD and its fine no1 is attacking me at start;p

So, you are saying that in the test with the 500% timer removed (A test tleilaxus pack) the game works as intented?

I'm still don't know why happens, anyway. My guess you played the level already, if not. Just do one thing: In the bersek part, remove the timer (don't change it for another number, just remove it). <-- I'm will upload the campaign without the timer, even wasn't something core for the game, just a "fail safe".

The idea is, if the player destroy the outpost but not the turret, the IA will wait between 1-20 seconds to start going bersek. This mean the turret fire some times before the selling and attack part.

I've done campaigns with over-complicated events, flags and triggers... and now, the most simple event is failing... well.

Anyway. I'm uploading the whole campaign in the first post again. The mission 5 still have the bersek condition but not the timer. wasn't even really necessary.

13 minutes ago, Szwagier said:

I also dont know why he is selling it but u can just make "a huge" timer np. 50000 and i think its enough, it will be 20 min?

The point of this event is.
The Fremen side (looks like Harkonnen, but in the editor they are fremen) have an outpost and tanks around the outpost and at the entry of the two Harkonnen bases.

WHEN the player destroy the building (Fremen outpost DOESN'T exist = Goes bersek).
The timer isn't the core of this event. The point is "the player destroy the building, all those tanks being defensive attacks (more like a sacrifice) and now is more easy to attack the enemy since there isn't any reinforcements and no extra-defensive-tanks.

But in your game, for some reason, is ignoring this. Is considering that building doesn't exist to start with.

Since you said you have the editor, the only workaround for you is just deleting that bersek event. So, when you destroy the outpost there isn't more reinforcements. Sure, will be some tanks in the entrance of the 2 bases, but is not like the game is too much harder because of that.

Edited by Cm_blast

i check what happen if i destroy outpost with huge timer, and nothing happen,

u can play this map  with your settings without bersek after 500?

cause i edited my dune200 all the time when u or some1 add new camp/map since.. 2 years?

mby if i reinstall it should work fine

Edited by Szwagier