[Release] Special Skirmish - Single map + swapped colours

Cm_blast

To talk properly about this simple map I will divide in three sections:

First, this is a map coping the style from the Practice/Skirmish. An VCM, 10 units, 7000 credits, tech level of 5.... and several IAS with the exact same resources. This means the IA don't have any advantage as part of reinforcements, extra harversters-carryall... the only thing is the priority of some units and buildings, and the fact that they will fight togheter (all ally).

Second. The idea about creating a "Skirmish" type of map came for a premise: Creating a random objetive. And I did that.
In this single map, there is 5 possible objetives, this will refer to defeat a specific IA Player. The player don't choose which one, the game will show (as a text in-game) which enemy you need to defead to beat this level (this objetive may change in differents games).

Third. I did a lot of research into the colour.bin (I created a post about this research more detailed). From now, I manage to swap the palettes from the original game. So right now (and I mean applying my "colours.bin") the Harkonnen will be Blue, the Atreides green, the Emperor Yellow... This don't affect the gameplay, but for this single map not only "Blue Harkonnen" are usual in skirmish games, but also the text-in game will refer as their new colour.

Now, Players:
In this map there is a 1 vs 5 situation where your harversters don't have any safe spot to harverst. If you are a begginer player and you feel that paying attention to 5 enemies plus your own harversters is too much, then change the difficulty to easy.
On the other hand. Although they fight together, you only need to defeat one. Also, this IA is not like the one you can encounter in the online mode. In fact, after the IA have "enough", they will build a bit slower. Having said that, if you are a Good/pro player, you can change the game to hard.

Special Skirmish 1.PNG
Special Skirmish 2.PNG
Special Skirmish 3.PNG
Single mission map here:
Special Skirmish.rar

HOW TO INSTALL:
Unzip the file and copy every folder into the root of the game.
Any folders included will go to the path that it is suppose to go.
Do not copy any pgn (screenshots) nor the readme.txt (instructions).

Mission launcher 1.2 is required.

Edited by Cm_blast

2 minutes ago, FedaYkin said:

What do you mean with this, and how did you implement this? Sounds interesting

Is just a "set build rate" event, to balance a bit since everyone goes after you. The event trigger when the Ia have the starport, being one of the last buildings he is going to build.

6 minutes ago, Cm_blast said:

Is just a "set build rate" event, to balance a bit since everyone goes after you. The event trigger when the Ia have the starport, being one of the last buildings he is going to build.

Oh I see, good idea