Events not working in new mission editor?

dune2000the

The events do not work at all. The AI is not doing anything. But the alliances WORK?(why would the alliances exist, if the events doesn't work?) I checked the events with the old editor, it looks normal in there. 

The mission is in the Mission launcher, and the custom briefing also works.

Edited by dune2000the

1 hour ago, dune2000the said:

The events do not work at all. The AI is not doing anything. But the alliances WORK?(why would the alliances exist, if the events doesn't work?) I checked the events with the old editor, it looks normal in there. 

The mission is in the Mission launcher, and the custom briefing also works.

When you create a map using "new map", by default the IA is not active, thus they aren't going to do anything.
If this is the case, open the editor, open the map you are triying to do that, and then in the tool "mission" (or F10), to you right there is a tab for every house, including the sanword.

If you want the IA to be active, search the line "IA Enable" (is almost at the top, easy to find) and set that valor to 1 (for the house you are doing, so if you have Harkonnen just click in the Hark tab and change the "IA Enable" to 1 there). That should be enough to make the IA move/do things.

Believe me, this editor is great. I've done lots of custom campaign thanks to this editor being easier, cleanier and allowing things I never imagined I could do.

Edited by Cm_blast
  • Upvote 1

Let me clarify something first so that neither we or you get confused. First of all to have an AI player move and build and do stuff, you don't need EVENTS but an AI set of functions and variables assigned to that specific player. In other words, a custom all-new mission won't have any active AI for any side. In order to enable AI for a House, follow cm_blast's instructions. The reason the old editor had AI moving & building was because you were opening an existing mission which already had AI enabled, since the old editor doesn't have the option to create a mission file from scratch.

Events are the action that happens when a specific condition is met. Like for example when Atreides has lost all their structures, the event "give 5 combat tanks to player X through a free starport delivery" happens. That's an event, and is totally independent from the AI section (however you can manipulate some AI related variables with events like setting AI building rate in-game, overriding the initialization value that's set in the AI section based on a certain condition).

Everything in the new editor works and as cm_blast said it's quite a huge tool, it allows you to do plenty of stuff, things I didn't think that were possible back in 2012/2013 when we first got editing tools from MVI.

Edited by FedaYkin
  • Upvote 1