The Emperor Returns - Campaign for Dune 2000 (old campaign updated)

Cm_blast

Campaign first released in 2014 on another post and updated several times during the next years, this is one of my earliest creations.

STORY:
The story starts at the finish of the Atreides Dune 2 campaign. On that final battle, The Emperor wanted to stop the Atreides by joining forces witht he Harkonnen and Ordos, but that wasn't enough. The Duke and the Fremen destroyed both Harkonnen and Ordos, now only remains the few last emperor buildings.

But the Emperor refuse to simply die; so it will evacuate the area, recuperate for the massive casualties and fight back once again against the Atreides.

THEME:
This campaign will start with a very low tech, increasing just a bit per mission. The Emperor was almost defeated on the first map, so it is really weak at that point.
Player will make use of the same weapons that in the original Dune 2: Sardaukar and heavy vehicles. That's why the light factory it's not available.

Atreides are going to be the main enemy during the campaign, but the player will fight with another factions from time to time.

Sardaukar are the first unit available to produce from the Barracks, so it is recommended to use it to have a decent defence until the player has enough tanks, and even then, Sardaukar can bring protection for your tanks from enemy troopers. Later the Imperial Palace will bring 2 extra units from your defeated allies.

CHANGES WITH TIBED:
To bring differences with previous works and because back in time there were some game breaking bugs, I altered with Tibed some things.
The file include a .txt file listing all the modifications, but here there are the main ones:
*The Light Factory and the Repair Pad cannot be builded.
*Sardaukar available from the barracks as the only military unit you can train (not counting engineers).
*Imperial Palace available: when produced, Both Harkonnen Devastator and Ordos Saboteur will become available.

No changes on health, damage, speed... were done; more information on the notes.txt included.

IMAGEN HERE:
Emperor Return 0.PNGEmperor Return 1.PNGEmperor Return 2.PNG

FILE:
The Emperor Returns.rar

HOW TO INSTALL:
Unzip the file and copy every folder into the root of the game.
Any folders included will go to the path that it is suppose to go.
Do not copy any pgn (screenshots) nor the readme.txt (instructions).

This only works if the 1.2 mission launcher version it's used.

Edited by Cm_blast

• 1 year later...
14 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

Only Templates. Need more? So, I'm surprised, the mission 4 Easy.

Oh, Ok. I through you was talking how you were loosing in the first level, which without templates is impossible to win.

This is one of my earlies campaigns, so I think is average in terms of "weird things" and difficulty. Abuse the Sardaukar and you'll be fine. There are reinforcements during the game (it's a habit I need to recover in the future).

For mission 5:
a) don't bother with quads until very late/you have 8000 credits.
b) use tanks to crush and you'll survive very easily.
c) build several refineries closest to the spice and have lots of harversters.

Edited by Cm_blast

30 minutes ago, Dark Wesker said:

So, the mission 5 is easy, 6 a little bit hard, 7 and 8 semi hard. The only very annoying sand worms. Now only the last mission is left. But the missions 1-3 is too hard for me. 

Mission 1 is about to place the Sardaukar separated and not grouped and let the enemy come to you, with luck you can avoid the tanks to crash your units (and if you place the soldiers separated they won't crash all of them). When the siege tank and the sonic tank appears, the idea it's to split your units in two groups, so the siege tank/sonic tank bullet won't kill all of them.

Mission 2 is just grouping units and moving to the next position. When you see a group of enemies you can click to attack one, and when that's dead, attack the next and so on (or pressing the "G"Guard key). as long as you don't group as 5 men in a square the map should be easy.

And mission 3 is just going to the left with everything, avoiding the harversters so he doesn't crush your units. Using troopers to defeat vehicles and infantry to defeat soldiers, capturing the ref while the enemy harverster is attached (so you stole the harverster too, giving you two harversters) and that's it, split your units, half to the barracks, the other to the light factory (so you protect both sides) and then just build units while defending some early waves. They'll run out of units to attack, and the base is barely defended.

Edited by Cm_blast

The first mission is too large enemy force and hard to defend. The Mission 2 it should not be hard. But too many enemies on the near end. I don't play well...The mission 3 too....it's too fast. Very hard protect/defend two small bases, harvester and etc...

I completed the last mission. But it was very hard. And again, large enemy force... It's hard to defend the allies and yourself.  But somehow succeeded. I don't like the allies have to build a base in a difficult mission. But the mission itself apart from the difficulties is interesting. Liked your idea. And similar to the "Emperor: Battle for dune".

Edited by Dark Wesker

1 hour ago, Dark Wesker said:

I completed the last mission. But it was very hard. And again, large enemy force... It's hard to defend the allies and yourself.  But somehow succeeded. I don't like the allies have to build a base in a difficult mission. But the mission itself apart from the difficulties is interesting. Liked your idea. And similar to the "Emperor: Battle for dune".

I usually abuse Sardaukar and turrets to help me and combat tanks for protect my ally. Also there is spice everywhere, Placing the refineries the closest possible makes it more easy to get money fast. Yes, I know that defending the allies is hard, but I wanted to make the player to actually do something for the AI.

Think this as a "co-op" type of map. Two humans playing this map, starting the mission from zero. Both players recieve the same exact reinforcements at the same time. Both players are attacked by the ornithopters.
So this is not an ally in a diffcult mission, it's just that a noob player joined your game but played so bad that you need to help him :P.