False spice. Using.

Adriano

In the end of every tileset we can see... false spice. I will call it - false spice :-)
(Look at the red arrow on the picture).

QNbOdvSzVm.jpg

The map used below is from Campaign made by Cm_blast (4 mission)
I recommend this campain for play :-)
https://forum.dune2k.com/topic/27344-release-frank-herbert-custom-campaign-for-dune-2000/

We can do vertical, horizontal and curved lines or areas, using the false spice.
This spice is impassable for units, but not for worm. So it adds new interesting possibilities for maps.

SrLpmPZgMZ.jpg

Look at the ending and corner elements below.

csroq6DDg2.jpg

In this way we can easy to get impassable areas.

HtjK5mSh8m.jpg

Edited by Adriano

21 hours ago, Adriano said:

This spice is impassable for units, but not for worm. So it adds new interesting possibilities for maps

I always had in mind some kind of idea for this. Similar to the Rise of Legends game (don't mistake by "League") where Giacomo goes crazy and start to move by his own and start to fight against imaginary enemies.

Something like this idea with the "false spice", the "false concrete" or making two different players (one being the human) to play as the same house, but at the end I didn't found a good use for this without being to confuse for the player (I aproach this last concet in my Yihad Butlerian campaing, and even using different units is a bit confusing).

Tecnically you even can use the "black squares" (from BloxBase) and placing into the field as a impassable terrain, or the "false concretes" that you can not build there but all the units can pass except the sandworm (or making buildable, or passable, or.... with the klofkac atr editor)

Edited by Cm_blast

3 hours ago, Cm_blast said:

Tecnically you even can use the "black squares"

It will be look not natural on the map.

Yes, I had some doubts during some time about "false spice" too. Because these tiles are not used in vanilla game. Unusual thing, so, I suppose, IF it used, then it must be explained in "briefing" (for mission) for users.

Then I tried it... and, I suppose, I like it. Now I can do straight impassable areas, that look "natural" in landscape.

Rock cliffs are impassable too, BUT they look ... boring (or how to say?), if they are straight. Because, in this case, I must repeat the same tile.

3 hours ago, Adriano said:

It will be look not natural on the map.

Yes, I had some doubts during some time about "false spice" too. Because these tiles are not used in vanilla game. Unusual thing, so, I suppose, IF it used, then it must be explained in "briefing" (for mission) for users.

Then I tried it... and, I suppose, I like it. Now I can do straight impassable areas, that look "natural" in landscape.

Rock cliffs are impassable too, BUT they look ... boring (or how to say?), if they are straight. Because, in this case, I must repeat the same tile.

I tried the black saquares and even with my weirdest map I didn't like it either.
I always explain (as a note) if I do something unnatural like modifing the default values for the staport or the sandworm.

There are 4 different type of cliffs, you can mixed to look less boring. Three of them are 2x2, one is 1x2 (or 2x1 depending horizontal or vertical). Anyway, I usually place 2, then a diagonal rift, another one or two, then a corner, then 2 invertical, then 2 diagonal doing zig zag, etc...
there are two more facing down riffts, but they are only present in a few tileset.